JD has to do something about Gase and Williams

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Watching the post game. They are saying even the Fins that Tanked last season were in games. The Jets are out of the game in the first qrt

Yeah. No one wants to play for gase. It’s obvious. Just watch. There’s not 1 player on offense minus Crowder that plays hard everyone else is just there. Making mistakes or taking up space. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's generally how all successful tanks happen.  

We finally have a GM that can get us the # 1 pick and people want to admonish him.  Unreal.  Because spending big to go 4-12 or 5-11 is soooooo much better!

JD was right. Investing in Gase and Darnold is putting $2,000 rims on the bombed out chassis of a 1982 Corolla.

• Upvote 2

This whole organization is just so incompetently run by these idiot owners. Time and time again they make the wrong choice. What owners allow a HC to fire a GM and then have a say on who the next GM is all while he has no say on who is DC is? They should just listen to George Costanza and do the complete opposite of what their instincts tell them to do. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If JD and the Jets wanted to compete this year, they were keeping if not extending Adams, re-signing Robbie, paying more for OL and being aggressive in signing an edge rusher.

Because signing bonuses and guaranteed contracts require an outlay of cash, that would have put a strain on the Jets who already are paying Enunwa, Mosley, Bell, Bowles, Maccagnan and others.  

The suspicion is that the Johnsons told JD to ease up on the cash spend.   That would appear to have some truth to it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

If JD and the Jets wanted to compete this year, they were keeping if not extending Adams, re-signing Robbie, paying more for OL and being aggressive in signing an edge rusher.

Because signing bonuses and guaranteed contracts require an outlay of cash, that would have put a strain on the Jets who already are paying Enunwa, Mosley, Bell, Bowles, Maccagnan and others.  

The suspicion is that the Johnsons told JD to ease up on the cash spend.   That would appear to have some truth to it.

They paid out over $100 million cash in the 2019 FA period.  Could you blame them for not wanting to do that 2 years in a row?

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

They paid out over $100 million cash in the 2019 FA period.  Could you blame them for not wanting to do that 2 years in a row?

Maybe the idiot owners should have thought about not having the idiot Macc make those decisions. They should have fired him before signing those big ticket FA disasters, not after. God damn morons. The Johnson's make the Wilpons look competent. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

No other organization would this kind of relationship be allowed to exist between two upper management guys. This is about the best excuse I have ever seen for JD to clean house. 

They don't report to him. Nothing he can do.

Maybe Christopher Johnson will wake up and do a three way zoom call, that out to fix it.

14 hours ago, Stark said:

Yeah. No one wants to play for gase. It’s obvious. Just watch. There’s not 1 player on offense minus Crowder that plays hard everyone else is just there. Making mistakes or taking up space. 

The constant complaint is how bad the roster is. I think the players are better than what we see on the field and another coach would not do so poorly

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I love how guys are mad that he looked like this yet would be even more mad if he was smiling. At least this shows he gives a sh*t. That's at least a start. 

True.

But either he figures out how to clean house, soon, or his own career is over.

His choice.

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

No other organization would this kind of relationship be allowed to exist between two upper management guys. This is about the best excuse I have ever seen for JD to clean house. 

To me it was very telling in that one episode of One Jets Drive when they introduce JD , Adam Gase runs to meet him in the hallway grabs his shoulders all giddy , laughing, smiling, almost jumping up and down .

I knew at that moment there was something wrong. It was a clear body language message that "I own you" , "I brought you"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FiremanEdIsMyDad said:

Oh my god.... Gase is not the issue. Everyone needs to calm down. Gase will right the ship.... He has developed powerhouse offenses from scratch....

were not where we wanted to be but we have competitive games on the schedule coming up.... 

#TrustTheProcess #GaseRunsNY

Meth is a hell of a drug.

9 hours ago, FiremanEdIsMyDad said:

Oh my god.... Gase is not the issue. Everyone needs to calm down. Gase will right the ship.... He has developed powerhouse offenses from scratch....

were not where we wanted to be but we have competitive games on the schedule coming up.... 

#TrustTheProcess #GaseRunsNY

ok we need a poll...is this guy trolling ot gaslighting?