Do we start to look at Darnold in a different light when we see how much worse it is without him?

Darnold looks no different than Flacco 

Time to move on 

Darnold is damaged goods 

IF WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DRAFT TREVOR LAWRENCE AND WE DON'T THEN THE NY JETS ARE REALLY AS DUMB AS THEY ARE A BAD FOOTBALL TEAM 

Yes im hollaring. 

Only clowns wouldn't want to draft Trevor Lawrence if given the opportunity. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

The Jets are horrible either way but I think, between last year and now this year, it's abundantly clear the team is much better when Darnold is at QB.

I don't know that reincarnations of Elway, Montana, and Marino could have success with the current state of the Jets. 

It's fair to say that Darnold has done a reasonably good job with the embarrassing lack of talent around him, and to his credit has never complained that he's probably been the least supported top 5 QB pick of all-time. He just plows forward being tough and trying to be a good leader.

For the record I watch a ton of cfb and Lawrence is the best college QB I've ever seen. I still don't think it's the slam dunk decision that everyone thinks it is to dump Darnold for Lawrence and pass on the ransom a trade down would reap. Sam might just take off with a competent roster around him.

No, he's been bad this year. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Darnold looks no different than Flacco 

Time to move on 

Darnold is damaged goods 

IF WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DRAFT TREVOR LAWRENCE AND WE DON'T THEN THE NY JETS ARE REALLY AS DUMB AS THEY ARE A BAD FOOTBALL TEAM 

Yes im hollaring. 

There is no doubt they will take TL if they can.

Two question though...

II they're not at #1 - do they still move on from Sam? -I think they do.

What do they get for him in a trade?

12 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

The Jets are horrible either way but I think, between last year and now this year, it's abundantly clear the team is much better when Darnold is at QB.

I don't know that reincarnations of Elway, Montana, and Marino could have success with the current state of the Jets. 

It's fair to say that Darnold has done a reasonably good job with the embarrassing lack of talent around him, and to his credit has never complained that he's probably been the least supported top 5 QB pick of all-time. He just plows forward being tough and trying to be a good leader.

For the record I watch a ton of cfb and Lawrence is the best college QB I've ever seen. I still don't think it's the slam dunk decision that everyone thinks it is to dump Darnold for Lawrence and pass on the ransom a trade down would reap. Sam might just take off with a competent roster around him.

Agree

6 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I would hold on to him for a year after we draft Trevor . We may be able to get a 2nd for him at next years deadline 

QB is hardest position to acquire and contribute mid-season. Whatever value he has depreciates rapidly beginning when the draft ends.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

They’ll draft a replacement, pats will sign darnold and another 20 year dynasty will have been born. After Sam wins his 8th Super Bowl, Belicheck will retire at the age of 88.

BB looks average without Brady , another silver lining in this season . 

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Everybody already knows that Sam is not the problem. Assuming we land the #1 pick, Sam will get traded and be a perennial playoff QB. Much like Tannehill only I believe Sam’s better

Tannehill was a much better player in Miami than what Darnold is right now and it's not close

• Upvote 1

The Jets need a fresh start at QB and on a guy on a rookie deal to better align with the timeline of the rebuild, both from a contractual standpoint and to lure an appealing coach.

Sam Darnold is a talented quarterback, the Jets are better when he's playing, and he'll probably have some success elsewhere if he gets let go and ends up with a good franchise.

Both can be true.

• Upvote 1

Even a Super Bowl winning QB looks horrible and worse than Darnold in this Jets offense. Yes Gase needs to be fired now so that we can judge Darnold in a different offensive system. It needs to be done now before we have a chance to draft Trevor. Gase your fired!

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

BB looks average without Brady , another silver lining in this season . 

They lost some talent this offseason. New qb (who got covid), new offense. By mid season they’ll have an outside chance to win the division. If not, they’ll be a wild card team.

Just now, extmenace said:

They lost some talent this offseason. New qb (who got covid), new offense. By mid season they’ll have an outside chance to win the division. If not, they’ll be a wild card team.

Good , we need them playing for something when we play them late in the season . I wouldn’t put it past BB to throw a game to us if it meant keeping us from drafting TL otherwise . 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Go look at Tannehills stats under Gase and then look at Darnolds under Gase. Tannehill was a much better QB then Darnold has been with Gase. Darnold is inaccurate and a bad decision maker. People need to stop making excuses for him. 

The narrative that Tannehill was hapless under Gase doesn’t hold up to even the laziest perusal of a box score.

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Doesn't matter what we think of Darnold if we have the #1 pick.

Not saying it's fair, but that's just how it is.

Agreed. 

We have surrounded Darnold with sh*t and it sucks. 

But, if he wants to save his career here, he has to get back on the field and carry the team on his back to wins that don't seem possible right now. Basically, he has to take matters into his own hands and prevent us from drafting his replacement. 

I personally don't think he is capable of doing that. 

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t really matter 

We’re headed for the #1 pick with a truly generational QB on the horizon.

You’d be hard pressed to find a bigger Darnold fan than me going back to late 2016.

I still maintain that he was the best QB prospect to come out in that 6 year period between Luck and 2018.

But Adam Gase cut his balls off, exactly what I was fearing early last season.

We took a classic, gunslinging risk taker and hammered it into his skull to avoid turnovers at all cost and make screen passes 80% of his repertoire.

I hate Adam Gase with the fury of a thousand suns. But it is what it is.

Now you offer Harbaugh $10+ million a year, draft Lawrence and send Darnold off to greener pastures. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he goes to Pittsburgh, New Orleans or Indianapolis and turns out to be a Top 10-12 QB for a decade.

But his ship has sailed here unless we somehow f*ck up the tank.

That’s why I say keep Gase until the end of the year, make peace with continuing to eat a sh*t sandwich for the next 10 weeks, and then reap the rewards that come for 15 years afterwards.

• Upvote 1