McClendon Traded to Bucs

Lith

17 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

We were already supposed to be in the middle of a rebuild. **** this team. My other team (the Celtics) managed to rebuild and still stay very competitive (until they sh*t the bed in the 4th quarters of the ECF, at least).

I imagine you’ve seen the movie “Groundhog Day”. The Jets are the real life version of this but should be called “Rebuild Year”. It only ends if good roster choices are made. It won’t magically fix itself. Time is only one variable in a rebuild. We’ve been stuck in the mud for about 10 years. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I agree but it still remains, you don’t trade a high 1st round draft pick his second year in the league. Even in a rebuild.

The Cardinals traded Josh Rosen, a top 10 QB, after 1 season (13 games played) for a 2 and a 5.  Worked out pretty well.

There's no rule against trading high picks within 2 seasons.

• Upvote 2

The Cardinals traded Josh Rosen, a top 10 QB, after 1 season (13 games played) for a 2 and a 5.  Worked out pretty well.
There's no rule against trading high picks within 2 seasons.

Yes, but they traded him for his direct replacement. QB for QB. If we end up with #1 we should definitely trade Sam. We won’t get enough value back for Q compared to what he still could be.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I have no problem with a complete rebuild starting with a tank. I do have a problem with JD lieing to Sam’s parents.

Idk, Joe should fire Pollack. The worst oline coach in the league apparently. Complete upgrade at every position ftom last year and still suck as a unit.

• Upvote 2

pretty much the same value as getting an additional 7th straight up

... think I'd rather just have had the extra pick though ... oh well ... still glad we got some value

(edit ... now learning that the pick we give up isn't until 2023 I'm all in!!!!!)  :)

Glad everyone thinks he is a leader.

HOWEVER....

We have no idea what was said behind closed doors.  He might have said something that got him removed.

And good for him.  

Maybe Sam walks into the office tomorrow.  And Poole, and Poole.  And Maye.  And Crowder.  And  (fill in the blank)

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

HOWEVER....

We have no idea what was said behind closed doors.  He might have said something that got him removed.

And good for him.  

Maybe Sam walks into the office tomorrow.  And Poole, and Poole.  And Maye.  And Crowder.  And  (fill in the blank)

I think it’s probably bc they like him and he serves no more purpose to this team anymore. I’d at least like to think that’s how it worked 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

HOWEVER....

And good for him.  

TRADE THEM ALL

• Upvote 1