McClendon Traded to Bucs

Lith

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

We were already supposed to be in the middle of a rebuild. **** this team. My other team (the Celtics) managed to rebuild and still stay very competitive (until they sh*t the bed in the 4th quarters of the ECF, at least).

And my other team, the Lakers, were in year two of their rebuild and won the championship. :)

32 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

Why are so many people acting like Douglas and Gase, who had a cup of coffee together in Chicago for a year, are lifelong friends attached at the hip?

Douglas will treat Gase as the stepping stone that he is.

These GM jobs are pretty hard to come by. And if you fail at your first, odds are you aren’t getting a second.

Douglas isn’t going to stake his reputation and pin the livelihood of his family on good old Googly Eyes just because he’s an “acquaintance” who shares some similar football philosophies.

Cool story.

Till Gase is fired, he's not fired.  I put nothing past this dumpster fire franchise.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Cool story.

Till Gase is fired, he's not fired.  I put nothing past this dumpster fire franchise.

We’re in a paradox; Gase got ya to the point where we can draft Lawrence. If Gase is dismissed, we risk a change that could jeopardize Lawrence.

Of course, if Gase’s departure restores Darnold’s promise, then we risk losing Lawrence; but we validate Darnold’s position.

5 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

We’re in a paradox; Gase got ya to the point where we can draft Lawrence. If Gase is dismissed, we risk a change that could jeopardize Lawrence.

Of course, if Gase’s departure restores Darnold’s promise, then we risk losing Lawrence; but we validate Darnold’s position.

We will do worse if gase is fired....

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

LAWRENCE.

Dear God, the investment in this kid is just sad.  You can't risk what you don't own.

I'll say it for the millionth time, many of you are going to be very very disappointed come draft day.

And if things don’t change regarding coaching and the roster, most will be disappointed after picking Lawrence too. Because he will fail if he has to deal with the same sh*t Darnold has to deal with. No team is a one man show. None.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is no risk, because WE DON'T CONTROL LAWRENCE.

Dear God, the investment in this kid is just sad.  You can't risk what you don't own.

I'll say it for the millionth time, many of you are going to be very very disappointed come draft day.

I’m a firm believer in acting with the resources we have under our control and not basing actions on an uncontrollable future.

Circumstances have placed the organization and a whole generation of fans at a turning point. Some fans seek to improve morale now and some believe that the present must be sacrificed for a better undetermined future.  I see the value in both arguments.

McClendon is a good guy and deserves a better team than the Jets.  At the same time, by age, he can't play a role in a Jets rebuild.  Very sensible deal by JD.  Even if the comp is minimal, it allows younger and newer players to do cameos for next year.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is no risk, because WE DON'T CONTROL LAWRENCE.

This all day, I've been screaming this at the top of my lungs. 

The moment its realized that we arent getting Trevor Lawrence, this board is going to set an all time record for traffic and need to be put on suicide watch. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You don’t need to strip the team of every single play maker to complete a rebuild. People do realize this right? A 6th rounder in 2022 isn’t Gona improve this team. JD has made this team into such a mess veterans are asking to go and he’s avoiding the public drama 

It'll help just about as much as an aged Steve McClendon will.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2