McClendon Traded to Bucs

Lith

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

There is no risk, because WE DON'T CONTROL LAWRENCE.

Dear God, the investment in this kid is just sad.  You can't risk what you don't own.

I'll say it for the millionth time, many of you are going to be very very disappointed come draft day.

Ok Nostradamus. 

I'm glad for McLendon, he's too much of a positive influence
and leader to go out on a losing team.  He deserves the shot
at winning, God bless him.  Sports needs more people with his
character and insight

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

There is no risk, because WE DON'T CONTROL LAWRENCE.

Dear God, the investment in this kid is just sad.  You can't risk what you don't own.

I'll say it for the millionth time, many of you are going to be very very disappointed come draft day.

How do you know that Lawrence will refuse to go to the Jets?

Mayfield went to the Browns. Burrows went to the Bengals. 

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

We got a 6th round pick????  NO WAY!!!!  Maybe we can draft a place kicker in the 6th round this time,  Just lock up those STs for years!!!

take the 6th and.. ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun   :ahhh:

1 hour ago, KRL said:

I'm glad for McLendon, he's too much of a positive influence
and leader to go out on a losing team.  He deserves the shot
at winning, God bless him.  Sports needs more people with his
character and insight

agreed !.. he's MUCH better off  NOT  being on our roster :beer:

Good player, great guy, terrific leader and locker room presence.

One of the best, and best value, FA signings we have made in recent years.

Very sorry to see him go, but happy for him that he landed with a good team.

All the best, Big Steve.

• Upvote 2

they got a 5th round pick.  sorry to see him go but it's not like he was going to be a jet for much longer.  leadership?  that can be taken two ways.  we seem to always be fed a line of s^^t from guys like maneesh about this guy and that guy being so good but we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

How do you know that Lawrence will refuse to go to the Jets?

Mayfield went to the Browns. Burrows went to the Bengals. 

I don't "know it".

I predict that either we will not possess the #1 pick OR T.L. will pull a Manning and work himself away from the Jets.

Is he has a brain in his head, I don't see T.L., this so called "generational talent" simply accepting coming to this franchise without trying to escape it.  We're a black hole of ruined QB prospects, and everyone knows it.

I like the trade for several reasons:

1. Good for McClendon

2. Why not get any draft capital for a guy that isn't going to make a difference in the win column

3. It appears the best way to get the young players experience, the only positive other than the tank that can come out of this season, is to get rid of the older players.

4. IF we are keeping Maye and/or Q, the 2.5 million will help

As far as Gase is concerned, I don't think this has anything to do with him (other than he won't play the rookies). JD can't fire him anyway, can he? May as well let Gase stay for the tank.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't "know it".

I predict that either we will not possess the #1 pick OR T.L. will pull a Manning and work himself away from the Jets.

Is he has a brain in his head, I don't see T.L., this so called "generational talent" simply accepting coming to this franchise without trying to escape it.  We're a black hole of ruined QB prospects, and everyone knows it.

I don't "know it."

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Laugh it up, I'm right most of the time, and happy to put my posting record against anyones in terms of accuracy or predictions.  

You are at 86% which is good, very impressive. But that means there are posters that are more accurate.

I didn't mean to chime in with this and tip my hand. But we are big into AI here so we have a bot compiling the stats much like mangers do in baseball. We just need to know your tendencies so we can tell the 3rd baseman where to play when you are typing lol.

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You are at 86% which is good, very impressive. But that means there are posters that are more accurate.

I didn't mean to chime in with this and tip my hand. But we are big into AI here so we have a bot compiling the stats much like mangers do in baseball. We just need to know your tendencies so we can tell the 3rd baseman where to play when you are typing lol.

Have no fear, I'll be updating my profile with current email address, blood type and DNA sequence later this afternoon.

Also, I am a pull hitter.  Definitely use the shift.  I'm crap hitting to right field.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Laugh it up, I'm right most of the time, and happy to put my posting record against anyones in terms of accuracy or predictions.  

Well, considering that 99.9 % of decisions made by the Jets are wrong, do you think you really need to brag about being right? 
It’s like watching Mike Tyson early in his career & exclaiming, “he’s gonna murder this guy”. 

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well, considering that 99.9 % of decisions made by the Jets are wrong, do you think you really need to brag about being right? 

Given that 99.9% of the predictions by most folks here are catastrophically wrong?  Yeah, I'm fine with being right most times.

Anyway, you're the one who thought "Nostradamus" was a cool insult for one of the few dudes here possessing any credible objectivity when it comes to predictions......  /shrug

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Given that 99.9% of the predictions by most folks here are catastrophically wrong?  Yeah, I'm fine with being right most times.

Anyway, you're the one who thought "Nostradamus" was a cool insult for one of the few dudes here possessing any credible objectivity when it comes to predictions......  /shrug

Well, you keep slapping yourself on the back & making fun of Jet fans that are hoping for a Trevor Lawrence type scenario. You could be right about any of the scenarios. We might not get the 1st pick, but we could, TL might not want to play for the Jets, but he might. We've really never been this bad since Kotite so everything that COULD happen is open to debate. We did have the 1st pick overall back then & no QB was available because Parcells wouldn't promise Archie he'd take Payton so we ended up with Keyshawn. 

That Jet team was totally transformed after Kotite was fired, lightning can strike twice in the same place. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't "know it".

Well I know for a fact that the Jets didnt ruin Sanchez. He went to Philly and had the same issues throwing INTs in the endzone and not reading defenses. Geno Smith was not good to begin with so how can you ruin that guy? Darnold has had it rough. but he is still making the same mistakes.

I have a hard time believing Lawrence is thinking that the Jets are going to kill me if I go there. Until I hear the words come out of Lawrence's mouth that he will not play in NY, I am under the impression that the guy has balls and looks forward to the challenge. Lawrence thinks that he is better than Darnold.

2 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Well I know for a fact that the Jets didnt ruin Sanchez. He went to Philly and had the same issues throwing INTs in the endzone and not reading defenses. Geno Smith was not good to begin with so how can you ruin that guy? Darnold has had it rough. but he is still making the same mistakes.

I have a hard time believing Lawrence is thinking that the Jets are going to kill me if I go there. Until I hear the words come out of Lawrence's mouth that he will not play in NY, I am under the impression that the guy has balls and looks forward to the challenge. Lawrence thinks that he is better than Darnold.

Cool story bro.  Maybe this is why players hire agents, to warn them away from dumpster fire franchise like ours.

I especially like the not-so-veiled implication that if T.L. doesn't come here, he lacks "balls", instead of possessing BRAINS.  Good one.

so we get rid of a guy who hasn't been playing to both give the younger guys more playing time and free up a roster spot and save 2.5 million in cap and move a 7th in 2023 for a 6th in 2022 and people are upset? cap is important, draft picks are important, and with a bunch of guys on IR that may come back, the roster spot is important.

What is the problem?

..just an fyi ~ ~ 

While the Buccaneers were playing in Tampa Bay and the Jets were playing in Miami on Sunday afternoon, the teams’ personnel staffers were working on a trade that sent defensive tackle Steve McLendon to Tampa Bay. Directly to Tampa Bay.McLendon didn’t fly back to New York with the Jets and instead got in a car and drove directly to Tampa, according to Peter Schrager of NFL Network.

It’s unusual for players to get traded on game day, and unusual for players to immediately hop in a car and drive themselves to their new teams. But this is an unusual season, and the league’s COVID-19 protocols require newly arrived players to submit multiple negative tests before they’re permitted to practice and play for a new team. By getting to Tampa immediately, McLendon increased his chances of getting everything squared away in time for him to play in the Bucs’ next game, Sunday at Las Vegas.

McLendon started every game for the Jets this season and is expected to have an immediate impact in Tampa, where he’ll be playing for defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, his former Jets head coach. The Buccaneers lost defensive tackle Vita Vea to a season-ending leg injury, and they hope McLendon can pick up some of the slack.

>      https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/19/steve-mclendon-drove-straight-to-tampa-after-jets-game-in-miami/