Enough With The Dumpster Fire Crap !!

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

Indeed, watching the maestro in awe 

What I mean when I say "the league is watching" is I'm sure some players can respect what Douglas is doing for vets who would otherwise rot here and giving them a chance to move on while getting some picks in return. That can go a long way when looking to sign some FA's in the future I'm sure Bell and McClendon will have nothing but respect for JD and don't think for a second these players don't discuss this stuff.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

What I mean when I say "the league is watching" is I'm sure some players can respect what Douglas is doing for vets who would otherwise rot here and giving them a chance to move on while getting some picks in return. That can go a long way when looking to sign some FA's in the future I'm sure Bell and McClendon will have nothing but respect for JD and don't think for a second these players don't discuss this stuff.

Ah yes, quite the endorsement.  The Jets will pay you more than any other team, then just let you go play somewhere else anyway.  It's great!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Ah yes, quite the endorsement.  The Jets will pay you more than any other team, then just let you go play somewhere else anyway.  It's great!

You basing what you just said on past Idiot GM's Douglas at this stage does not fall into the category of terribly failed GMs we have endured for the longest time. I know you have heard this before but you have to give the guy a chance and so far his actions make it obvious where he is heading with this roster which both you and I know sucks in every form of the word.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Come here and lose badly for 6 weeks, then we will sell you to the highest bidder like cattle.

Sound good? 

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Johnsons could get the first pick and fall in love with a new coach like Harbaugh who demands total control. Could see them firing Douglas and Gase (long shot on Douglas). But the point remains, this is 100% a dumpster fire.

What would make you think for a second the Johnsons would ever fork over the cash to lure a guy like Harbaugh here ? I've been calling for him from the Rex years when we had nothing and they figured Todd Bowles and Macc would be the better Solution. To get Harbaugh its going to take a lot of cash and, yes, full control but I think that ship has sailed unless the slim likely hood exists that JD would want Harbaugh. 

Lets be honest here JD had to go to Chris Johnson and approve this started fire sale I'm 100 % sure of that

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

Come here and lose badly for 6 weeks, then we will sell you to the highest bidder like cattle.

Sound good? 

That could be the dumbest thing you have ever said. Cattle ? Really ? If you can't grasp the reason why this is happening then you have not been watching tank football at its finest ?

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Johnsons could get the first pick and fall in love with a new coach like Harbaugh who demands total control. Could see them firing Douglas and Gase (long shot on Douglas). But the point remains, this is 100% a dumpster fire.

The penny pinching Johnsons are gonna give JD 5 free years of salary? 

How many HCs are on our payroll currently? 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I have said this before. Sam is way down the list of things wrong with this team. 

He's the main reason we are tanking the season its obvious the things he needs to correct in his game are not correctable since he is doing the same things he did when he was in college and its painfully obvious. He is what I thought he was when we were talking about drafting him I made that clear then and I really tried to be positive but that came to an end when I saw him doing the same damn things I called him out on way back then.

5 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

The penny pinching Johnsons are gonna give JD 5 free years of salary? 

How many HCs are on our payroll currently? 

At the end of the year it will just be Gase. I highly doubt Douglas would be fired. I am just saying this is a dumpster fire so you can't rule anything out lol.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

What would make you think for a second the Johnsons would ever fork over the cash to lure a guy like Harbaugh here ? I've been calling for him from the Rex years when we had nothing and they figured Todd Bowles and Macc would be the better Solution. To get Harbaugh its going to take a lot of cash and, yes, full control but I think that ship has sailed unless the slim likely hood exists that JD would want Harbaugh. 

Lets be honest here JD had to go to Chris Johnson and approve this started fire sale I'm 100 % sure of that

The stadium is going to be empty next year if they don't make a ....

pool party swimming GIF by Target

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Yea, sorry, but you're wrong. 

The team is a dumpster fire. We are talking about a team that is on pace to go 0-16 and break the worst all time point differential record held by the Bucs. 

I happen to think JD's approach can work out in the long run - but this team is a dumpster fire until proven otherwise and there is no guarantee Douglas actually knows how to draft.  

• Sympathy 3

43 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm talking about moving forward Max we now see what Douglas has realized. NO ONE expected this bad of an outcome and if this team stayed relatively healthy we might still be bad. Anyone would argue we had to see Darnold in year 3 as did Douglas to see if there was improvement in so many facets of his game. Once it became obvious he was not moving forward it became obvious the direction we need to go/.

So you want to both give the team credit for tanking so effectively while also saying it's happening/started unintentionally?

Zooey DesChanel Is Confused Gif

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He's the main reason we are tanking the season its obvious the things he needs to correct in his game are not correctable since he is doing the same things he did when he was in college and its painfully obvious. He is what I thought he was when we were talking about drafting him I made that clear then and I really tried to be positive but that came to an end when I saw him doing the same damn things I called him out on way back then.

He is not the reason we are tanking because we weren't ranking at the outset of the season. Gase and his inability to coach him and get the team to play competitive football is. Look at today's game. 90% of the freaking team has quit. It just so happens a better prospect is possible so why not but if we miss out on him or Lawrence pulls a Peyton and stays in school, we better not be taking a QB because I am tired of the rebuild BS. I rather give Sam a team to play with than hope we don't screw up another prospect. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Cj, The only way forward is to first become a national embarrassment. Only then, then will we have them right where we want them..// evil laughter 

I mean wtf. There is 0% chance a hurt QB, coaches fighting pregame and non competitive 0-5 were part of the plan he sold CJ

The Jets have been a national embarrassment for decades.  This is nothing new.  Douglas may or may not be a good GM.  But he is the only chance the Jets have to change their past.  We'll know more as we watch his draft picks progress the rest of this misery of a season.

46 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

On Stop....it’s a complete and utter dumpster fire. Even in this weird world where you all think this was JDs evil plan all along I don’t think he even expected us to be this bad. 

This could be the worst Nfl team in recent history 

What is this not the face of a man whose master plan is running along smoothly?

Screenshot_20201018-200218.thumb.png.6b4b2fabb9ff77c269bb2da3ab11b8db.png

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

On Stop....it’s a complete and utter dumpster fire. Even in this weird world where you all think this was JDs evil plan all along I don’t think he even expected us to be this bad. 

This could be the worst Nfl team in recent history 

This is without question the worst team ever... We may set the record for most double digit losses ever. However, Gase adn a new DC could turn this around

August: "Tom Brady finally gone, our OL much improved, Darnold's 3rd year, hot finish last year. We are going to contend for the division and anyone who disagrees is a fake fan/troll."

Now: "Being the worst team in NFL history was the plan all along."

• Haha 4

What an absolute load of f*cking nonsense.

Joe Douglas planned to put out one of the worst teams in NFL history? He knew those FA's he signed would be garbage?

He might completely luck himself into a generational QB but the idea that this was the plan the whole time is nothing short of f*cking delusional. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Honestly guys lets stop with the dumpster fire references. It's very obvious the direction Joe Douglas is going and the moves he is currently making make total sense and I'm sure he's explained this to Chris Johnson and got him on board with it. This team, if rebuilt properly, will be ready to contend in about 2 to 3 years other teams have pulled this off with young talent no reason why JD can't do the same. That being said there is no reason at all to hang on to vets that will only provide us 1 to 2 years of service and that's why JD is doing the right thing here giving those guys the chance to compete on teams that currently have a shot and I'm sure they respect him for it.

The rest of the league is probably watching how JD handles this situation as well and based on the current moves they also respect his direction based on the product he inherited which was the original Dumpster fire so maybe its time Jets fans stop confusing the two and look forward to what a smart GM does moving forward by accumulating picks and possibly getting the first pick in the draft without giving up draft capital to do so. 

Sure its tough we have to go through this again only problem is the past GM's who tried to make this happen had no clue how to build a team so be hopeful and positive we finally have the guy who can get it done and bring us back to respectability.

Okay..... I get that.. so why didn’t he start the process 18 months ago when he got here? They, we have all just wasted our time for two seasons on his watch. Now we wait 2-3 more years?? Unacceptable.

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

What exactly did you expect from Douglas ? With a Roster that had zero depth, The worst offensive line this team has ever had and its not even close. The total lack of skill players and a half a year and Macc running the Draft and FA shortly before he came here . Honestly CTM how could this mess have been much different ?

Not saying to do ALL of these (though technically possible) but they were all there and he went in another direction. Remember, this was the season to erradicate all excuses from Sam Darnold. And if he still was meh or worse, then at least we're set up far better for his replacement.

• Re-sign Anderson in October 2019 (if not sooner) when his value was lowest, had pocketed very little yet to date, and still could have been injured before cashing in after the season (or outbid Carolina up to $12MM per after muffing that up. People made too big a deal out of upping an offer to this level money when he was just getting 1 year guaranteed anyway).
  • Sign Conklin instead of Fant
  • G/T Daryl Williams at $2.5MM is looking like a bit better investment than Van Roten at $3.5MM 
  • Draft Gabriel Davis over James Morgan (just looking at positions here; I'm no draft expert but he was the next WR off the board, 3 picks after Morgan). 
  • Maybe he'll be great (or good) later on, but so far Davis is worse than advertised. If he was going to pass up on WR, OL, and CB here for a safety, then he's expected to hit on the pick. But then FAIK "lucking" into Davis gave him more confidence to trade Adams.
  • There was allegedly a huge haul offer for Q Williams he shot down. The 2020 accelerated cap hit would have been massive, and I was sympathetic to that reason not to do it before seeing Douglas bargain shop to leave that amount & more in unused space this year (even if Mosley played). He'd have been buying picks with cap space, which has been done. A guy who wanted to build more slowly instead of any big FA splashes should have jumped at that opportunity. 

You can't look at bad moves (and bad non-moves) Douglas made and then proclaim the outcomes would have been identical if much better ones were made instead.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely Nothing Maccagnan did prior to Joe Douglas worked out & its left this team a wasteland of bad draft picks or jag draft picks with zero stars at the most important positions. 

Now you add into the equation the free agent jags JD added on one year deals & his entire 2020 draft injured on & off without a training camp it's been exasperated. 

At the end of last year we thought there was 1 guy on this team that wasn't tradeable & that guy was Sam Darnold. Now? He's still as inconsistent as he was graded in college, is hurt AGAIN and in his 3rd year of his rookie contract has not shown the leadership to get guys around him to play just a little harder, hone in a little sharper, and he's no better than Andy Dalton without Daltons resume. 

The New York Jets, contrary to what people are saying here, have never been lower in the consciousness off football fans across the country. Those Kotite years were way before social media, fantasy football & NFL Network. This is way more embarrassing for everyone involved. Those shots of Joe Douglas say it all, and I don't think he ever envisioned that this team would look this bad. This is the true nadir & finishing this season 3-13 & missing out on Trevor Lawrence would be the worst thing to ever happen to this team unless Fields is seen as one of these "new" RPO QBs. 

The Jets need a new face (QB) of the franchise surrounded by a young group of athletic offensive players at WR, TE, RB, OL. Even if we gave up 30 points a game, JD first needs to build an offense that can score 40 in this watered down league. It's actually mind boggling this organization has had Rex, and then Bowles, totally ignoring offense 9 out of 10 years and look where it's gotten us. When I watch Redzone, I see these dynamic offensive players ALL OVER THE LEAGUE that this team ignored for defense. 

Joe Douglas better get that #1 in 2021. Outside of fans earning that pick for having to endure this 0-6 start, it's imperative that Joe goes as bold as we've ever seen in our lifetimes or this entire fan base will disappear on Sundays next year. Personally, I've seen enough of Sam Darnold. After watching him early in the season he played like he hadn't improved one iota. 3 years and no improvement with his pocket presence, or his mechanics still throwing off his back foot & throwing WTF interceptions. 

Trevor Lawrence is the only target ? that will excite this fan base again. That & using every high pick on offense, and using every dollar of cap money on players to surround the young QB with. Defense will have to be a patched together group of late picks & late free agency cheap deals to tread water while our offense gets up to steam. If he targets 1 pass rusher in free agency I can get on board with that but defense in the draft & free agency has to finally WAIT until all assets are exhausted to make this offense fun to watch. This is the freaking NFL & wasting time watching a washed up Joe Flacco, handing off to the ancient Frank Gore is a pleasurable has having ice picks thrust through your eyes. Joe Douglas knows what he has to do, let's pray we get that 1st pick so we can join him the next 3 years, otherwise this is the last stop on the Jets train for a lot of long time fans. 

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I see the Jets in 3 years as this years Cleveland Browns with Trevor Lawrence instead of Baker Mayfield.  

Yea, ok. Baker Mayfield 5-9" midget pocket scrambler vs Trevor Lawrence 6-6" guy that can play in RPO offense. Have you ever seen the ground that Lawrence eats up with his long strides? He doesn't even look like he's running that fast but eats yards. When Baker Mayfield  runs you can play fast piano music to it like a cartoon. 

9 hours ago, CTM said:

Cj, The only way forward is to first become a national embarrassment. Only then, then will we have them right where we want them..// evil laughter 

I mean wtf. There is 0% chance a hurt QB, coaches fighting pregame and non competitive 0-5 were part of the plan he sold CJ

Agreed, I think the "tank" talk is all convenient after the fact b.s., they thought they were going to be competitive riding the 6-2 finish.  You cant sit here and sell me that JD first full offseason and his intention was to put the worst Football team ever assembled in the NFL on the field and that's not even a joke, they are legit, the worst NFL Football team I've ever seen.  This complete whiff on the offseason, set him back further.   Again, you cant sell me this was intentional.  

So we get Lawrence, great.  He's going to be leaving the most gravy situation I think I've ever seen in the NCAA to step into the worst situation I've ever seen in the NFL.  And this was JD's plan all along!!!!  lmfao

• Upvote 1