Enough With The Dumpster Fire Crap !!

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Honestly guys lets stop with the dumpster fire references. It's very obvious the direction Joe Douglas is going and the moves he is currently making make total sense and I'm sure he's explained this to Chris Johnson and got him on board with it. This team, if rebuilt properly, will be ready to contend in about 2 to 3 years other teams have pulled this off with young talent no reason why JD can't do the same. That being said there is no reason at all to hang on to vets that will only provide us 1 to 2 years of service and that's why JD is doing the right thing here giving those guys the chance to compete on teams that currently have a shot and I'm sure they respect him for it.

The rest of the league is probably watching how JD handles this situation as well and based on the current moves they also respect his direction based on the product he inherited which was the original Dumpster fire so maybe its time Jets fans stop confusing the two and look forward to what a smart GM does moving forward by accumulating picks and possibly getting the first pick in the draft without giving up draft capital to do so. 

Sure its tough we have to go through this again only problem is the past GM's who tried to make this happen had no clue how to build a team so be hopeful and positive we finally have the guy who can get it done and bring us back to respectability.

image.jpeg.fc3ca71be7a87405e2cc9aa94d584c6c.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yea, ok. Baker Mayfield 5-9" midget pocket scrambler vs Trevor Lawrence 6-6" guy that can play in RPO offense. Have you ever seen the ground that Lawrence eats up with his long strides? He doesn't even look like he's running that fast but eats yards. When Baker Mayfield  runs you can play fast piano music to it like a cartoon. 

My point was the Browns with Lawrence would be in the hunt for the SB.  We got sold a bill of goods on Sams draft class.  Turns out the two freak athletes with the least chance to be high quality NFL QB's are the only ones who look like high quality NFL QB's.  Put Lawrence on the Browns right now and they would be a very tough out.  

I think Joe Douglas should seriously weigh in on the Gase Situation as well . While you could make the argument Gase did not have his chance to re build the Dolphins or a chance in hell with the Jets after enduring all the Injuries and a not so good Sam Darnold you still want to see some scheme to make that argument but I just don't see it and I'm not sure Gase is winning any motivational awards either.

We don't know the plays being called JD has access to that and he's the only guy capable based on that who can decide whether this is the team simply not executing or if Gases plan just plain sucks. 

JD is like Sun Tzu. He will cut Gase when he needs to, don’t worry. 

JD last night 

B53B5CDE-90B9-4486-8D08-D8D487822A2C.jpeg

Honestly guys lets stop with the dumpster fire references. It's very obvious the direction Joe Douglas is going and the moves he is currently making make total sense and I'm sure he's explained this to Chris Johnson and got him on board with it. This team, if rebuilt properly, will be ready to contend in about 2 to 3 years other teams have pulled this off with young talent no reason why JD can't do the same. That being said there is no reason at all to hang on to vets that will only provide us 1 to 2 years of service and that's why JD is doing the right thing here giving those guys the chance to compete on teams that currently have a shot and I'm sure they respect him for it.

The rest of the league is probably watching how JD handles this situation as well and based on the current moves they also respect his direction based on the product he inherited which was the original Dumpster fire so maybe its time Jets fans stop confusing the two and look forward to what a smart GM does moving forward by accumulating picks and possibly getting the first pick in the draft without giving up draft capital to do so. 

Sure its tough we have to go through this again only problem is the past GM's who tried to make this happen had no clue how to build a team so be hopeful and positive we finally have the guy who can get it done and bring us back to respectability.

Nice Mrs. Douglass, and where was little Joey born?

Well I see what you are saying but I'm talking from this point forward. Its obvious JD put some effort into building the OL and with an experienced QB back there they do not look as horrible as they did the first few weeks. Keep in mind they have injuries they are dealing with as well and its never good to shuffle around OL when they are trying to get together and Jell as a unit. The Becton Injury was big, shame it had to happen but it did. Now that we see Good Vet players being set off to capable teams its pretty clear whats going on here .

Huh?? We just got drubbed 24-0 by a team that hadn't shut us out since 1982.

Flacco and all his "experience" took us out of FG range after an obvious intentional grounding. He also took a 26 yard sack and was lucky not to have even more with his habit of trying to run away (backwards) from pass rushers.

Only thing he didn't try to do was pass the ball behind his back like Geno did. :D 

• Haha 2

You basing what you just said on past Idiot GM's Douglas at this stage does not fall into the category of terribly failed GMs we have endured for the longest time. I know you have heard this before but you have to give the guy a chance and so far his actions make it obvious where he is heading with this roster which both you and I know sucks in every form of the word.

every year fror the past 4 jets ranked in the botoom tier for roster strength pre=season and JN was offended...

b/cJN football acumen is bottom tier as well...    alotta whining, "they dont know how good we REALLY are!"

posting masturbating GIFs when sam completes a pass.......             smfh

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The problem with this is this wasn't supposed to happen. No way JD said after the draft we need to tank this season to get Lawrence. This became the direction I would say as of last week. 

I don't believe for a minute JD is trying to tank. The views of him yesterday were a look of pain. I think JD convinced CJ that he needed to do a complete bottom-up rebuild, and I don't think JD thought it would be this bad this year. But JD is building for 2022, and to a lesser extent 2021, NOT for 2020.

JD was trying to improve the team this year (think O-line), while ridding himself of Mac's terrible decisions. This year was the tear down; the rebuild starts next year. If we wind up with the #1, so be it. But I will never believe that JD was actually trying to suck for the #1.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

My point was the Browns with Lawrence would be in the hunt for the SB.  We got sold a bill of goods on Sams draft class.  Turns out the two freak athletes with the least chance to be high quality NFL QB's are the only ones who look like high quality NFL QB's.  Put Lawrence on the Browns right now and they would be a very tough out.  

Ah, sorry about misunderstanding where you were going wit him that. Your right. I've never cheered for Jets losses but I am now. I want them to keep Gase too throughout the year (obviously want him fired after the season). Fans are like, oh no, a QB & starting all over? Damn right! 5 year rookie deal, whatever we get for picks for Sam, another #1, high #2 & #3, 2 more 1sts in 2022, and a sh*t ton of cap space with a stud LT in place. 

Huge difference from 2018 when Darnold was drafted. 

18 minutes ago, viffer said:

I don't believe for a minute JD is trying to tank. The views of him yesterday were a look of pain. I think JD convinced CJ that he needed to do a complete bottom-up rebuild, and I don't think JD thought it would be this bad this year. But JD is building for 2022, and to a lesser extent 2021, NOT for 2020.

JD was trying to improve the team this year (think O-line), while ridding himself of Mac's terrible decisions. This year was the tear down; the rebuild starts next year. If we wind up with the #1, so be it. But I will never believe that JD was actually trying to suck for the #1.

Dude, of this isn't a tank, nobody ever tanked.