Trevor Lawrence is the answer: MERGED

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I guess we'll see.

There is a metric sh*tton of people here who said exactly that about Darnold.  You probably said it too, if you were being honest,

It's a fantasy, a pipedream.

No team, no talent, doesn't matter who your QB is.

I can agree with some of this to an extent.

I did feel that way about Sam at one point, but genuinely thought he should have stayed for his senior season.  Me saying that is somewhere on this forum.

I still believe that QB is where you start.  It’s ideal to have something to put around him first, but when you are this bad, that means you have to start from the ground up.  Get the important piece and go from there.  We have an exorbitant amount of money and draft picks to build around a young QB, quickly, especially if that QB is on a rookie contract. 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

....   Did any of his friends go to the guys birthday party ?...   We might trade down for a ransom and turn this team around in one day.   Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app    

It’s a Draft Day reference, I think. Unfortunately, that’s a movie and this is an actual live train wreck into a garbage dump built over an Indian burial group on a nuclear weapon test site.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can agree with some of this to an extent.

I did feel that way about Sam at one point, but genuinely thought he should have stayed for his senior season.  Me saying that is somewhere on this forum.

I still believe that QB is where you start.  It’s ideal to have something to put around him first, but when you are this bad, that means you have to start from the ground up.  Get the important piece and go from there.  We have an exorbitant amount of money and draft picks to build around a young QB, quickly, especially if that QB is on a rookie contract. 

Do you think T.L. on the 2020 Jets is a good QB?

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do you think T.L. on the 2020 Jets is a good QB?

I think this team is going to look drastically different in 2021, the team he will hopefully play for, but the answer I have to that is the same one I currently have with Sam: I don’t know.  

I think he would probably be better than what we’ve seen from both Sam and Flacco.  

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think this team is going to look drastically different in 2021, the team he will hopefully play for, but the answer I have to that is the same one I currently have with Sam: I don’t know.  

I think he would probably be better than what we’ve seen from both Sam and Flacco.  

Adding on to this @Warfish, the rookie contract is a large thing to consider.  I’ve already said that if Sam Darnold plays us out of contention for the first overall pick, I would rather stick with him because I still think he’s better than Fields or Lance.  However, you will need to give him a 2nd contract sooner rather than later and that will affect how you can build a team around him.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Doubt Trevor is that big of a pussy.  Id imagine you don't get to where he is without thinking that you can single handedly turn a franchise around.

Plus its not like Gase will be the coach. 

If he felt he can single handly turn a program/franchise around,  he probably would have went to a place like Rugters instead of a juggernaut like Clemson. Help is alway appreciated, with that said, he like every other QB should expect to go to a bad team as a top pick.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You want Trevor to stay in college if the jets have the top pick? Just send him a link to this board. Even he knows he is not the savior people here seem to think he will be. You need a team! Even Namath knew that (3:00).

He made me, a kid out in rural Iowa, a Jets fan. All those years ago. I still can’t shake it. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It worked out pretty well for Eli.  15 years later and no one really cares (except maybe Chargers fans, though one can argue Rivers was the better QB) that his dad pulled that.  They just remember the 2 rings he won.  It also worked out well for Peyton when he dodged the Jets in '97.

I'm not saying Lawrence will do that.  Just that there is a pretty good precedent.

You mean Eli who is barely over 500 as a starter Manning?  It would be disappointing if Lawrence didn't have a better career, and don't give me 'he won two Super Bowls.' The guy couldn't win regular season games with any consistency and the D was mostly responsible for the titles (especially the Pats game), even though he played well after they backed into the playoffs. A QB like TL should bring in division titles with ease if he's that good.

Kyler Murray gave up the huge guaranteed money of baseball to goto a sh*t situation in Arizona.

Feinbaum has said that Lawrence is coming out.  He’s said that’s he’s been bored at Clemson. Lawrence himself said he’s graduating in December and plans to come out.  He has no leverage (then again neither did Eli) to “not play”.  If Eli didn’t get traded, he was going to play for SD.

it’s a bullsh!t, ridiculous article.

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think he may be the 3rd or 4th guy to write this. 

Yet when it was first suggested here as a concern we were told “NEVAH GONNA HAPPEN! TYPICAL SOJF NONSENSE!!! NO ONE SERIOUSLY THINKS IT’S A POSSIBILITY!”

And now as usual it’s well on its way to becoming “common knowledge.” 

Sometimes being right just has to be its own reward.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fair enough.  Then the Eli example is the only true example of a QB "dodging" a team in recent draft history.  John Elway ('83 Colts) would of course be another one.  

I wonder how terrible the Chargers' ownership must've been that Eli wouldn't want to live in San Diego.

Love how every analyst, talking head, beat writer who has a negative thing to say about this team is a “dbag” or “has an ax to grind” or “in a troll just looking for clicks.” I swear Jets fans wouldn’t just kill the message of bad news, we would hang his horse and burn his boots, too.

PSA TO JETS FANS: There is no media-driven, vast anti-Jets conspiracy. There is no coordinated anti-Jet bias. There is however an ANTI-SUCK BIAS.