Trevor Lawrence is the answer: MERGED

Rhg1084

30 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What? I literally posted what was reported by Pat McAFee 

Where's the "report?" Generally, that would refer to people with close sources saying the Jets are intentionally tanking. 

Nvm, video never loaded for me until just now. I'm an idiot. 

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If Bell was any good he would have been kept.  

Bell is not a good NFL RB anymore.  He’s just too slow.

He was always slow. Did you watch him play in PIT? It's not like he was ever Chris Johnson. He wasn't kept because he was guaranteed $8m in 2021 due to injury and he wasn't in the team's plan going forward.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

Question:  Has tanking/attempting to tank ever truly worked for an NFL team? 

I know then bucs reportedly tanked a game to secure the #1 spot in order to draft Jameis.  After some promise he turned into a turnover machine and is gone. 

The colts reportedly did it once Manning was done in order to get Luck.  They had success with Luck but injuries piled up and he retired way before his time.

The goal of a tank is to acquire that most desirable rookie and as a result build a long term winning team and ultimately a super bowl.  Have these teams, or any other teams that tried to tank, actually  achieved these goals? 

If you have the number 1 pick, you’re picking atop every round. That’s a huge asset to have and to build with. A good GM can turn things around quickly with that. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

It is unbelievable how many people on this site actually think Gase is "in" on this plan or has any shot at returning to coach next year.

There is ZERO % chance gase is back next year. ZERO. GASE SUCKS. He isn't trying to lose... He isn't trying to tank. He isn't in cahoots with the upper management on this plan.  JD knows that Gase can't sniff Harbaugh's or Doug Peterson's underwear in terms of being a HC.

You think JD is going to let Gase get his hands on another elite prospect to just ruin him like the last 2 QBs under his rule?

Again, ZERO chance Gase is the HC next year. ZERO.

Exactly. Next year will be a new coach, new QB, and a new team. Hopefully Douglas builds this thing the right way this time 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Team archer said:

They let the colts suck for luck and aint do sh*t. They were more blatant than us.

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

If this is true, and I doubt it is, you can pretty well expect to see Gase back next year.  

Almost impossible to pull off an  intentional tank with out the HC being involved.

Can see it now.  Week 17 against the Pats who already have a  playoff spot.  Jets are 0-15, Giants have 1 win.  Lil Bill already knows he's going to be Giants HC in 21.  

What a fun game that would be

The Colts sucked for Luck and ended up firing the coach and GM.   I know people look at it as a failure because they didn't win the super bowl, but they won 33 games in his first three years.  36 if you count the post-season.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I might just trust KC and Andy Reid more than I trust Adam Gase on the subject.

Andy Reid is not a god.  He’s certainly one of the best coaches int eh game.  But that isn’t going to make Bell faster.  

No doubt Reid will use him better than Gase and he’ll be better but he’s still just too slow to be a truly impactful RB in the NFL.

I said it before, Reid also brought in an aging Revis and that didn’t work out too well.

Bell is basically free so worth a roll of the dice.  No harm if he fails.

27 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He was always slow. Did you watch him play in PIT? It's not like he was ever Chris Johnson. He wasn't kept because he was guaranteed $8m in 2021 due to injury and he wasn't in the team's plan going forward.

I’m so tired of hearing this.  He wasn’t always slow, he certainly wasn’t the fastest back in the league but he had burst.  That burst is gone.  He looks slower than Gore.  It’s noticeable when you watch them play together.  He gets beat to the edge but 260 pound LB’s.

I have no reason to not the like the guy.  In fact I was one of the people around here that really wanted him.  I wanted him signed.  I was wrong. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Here’s the thing:

If Sam Darnold wants to prevent his job from being taken by TL, he has the option of playing better to ‘ruin the tank.’

If he can’t win games on his own he deserves to be replaced. 

Could you see a situation where Sam is traded before the deadline? Or benched for the rest of the season?

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Could you see a situation where Sam is traded before the deadline? Or benched for the rest of the season?

Traded? No, that wouldn’t be smart. 
Benched or “injured”? Maybe. 

Then once the Jets get a couple games in between themselves and competition for #1, I could see him paraded out there to showcase talent for potential suitors. 

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I know Vanderjagt was the "drunken idiot kicker".  I'm extending that to his punter (though, tbh, I'm not sure if their careers overlapped in Indy).

Oh you are right actually. 

McAfee is also a drunken idiot and local legend around here. He was the punter that stripped down and swam in the white river canal. 

Lemme tell ya, that canal is the nastiest goddamn water this side of Flint Michigan. 

He is a cool dude though. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

If this is true, and I doubt it is, you can pretty well expect to see Gase back next year.  

Almost impossible to pull off an  intentional tank with out the HC being involved.

Can see it now.  Week 17 against the Pats who already have a  playoff spot.  Jets are 0-15, Giants have 1 win.  Lil Bill already knows he's going to be Giants HC in 21.  

What a fun game that would be

They'll be tossing the ball around like hot potato.

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I don't trust anyone named Lawrence

It's a mixed bag for sure. On the one hand you've got Martin Lawrence, Sir William Lawrence, and Jennifer Lawrence; but on the other hand you've got Joey Lawrence and Lawrence, Massachusetts. I think anything related to Joey Lawrence you really gotta view with a skeptical eye. Martin is the man and highly underrated by the caucasians but at the same time Blossom has not aged well and that is something the Jets have to take into consideration. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's a mixed bag for sure. On the one hand you've got Martin Lawrence, Sir William Lawrence, and Jennifer Lawrence; but on the other hand you've got Joey Lawrence and Lawrence, Massachusetts. I think anything related to Joey Lawrence you really gotta view with a skeptical eye. Martin is the man and highly underrated by the caucasians but at the same time Blossom has not aged well and that is something the Jets have to take into consideration. 

WhoA