Jets on pace for worst point differential in nfl history

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/19/jets-on-pace-for-worst-point-differential-in-nfl-history/

The Jets aren’t just losing this season, they’re losing by historic margins.

After falling to 0-6 with a 24-0 loss to the Dolphins on Sunday, the Jets have been outscored 185-75 so far this season. Their -110 point differential is by far the worst in the NFL, and it is equal to the combined point differentials of the second-worst and third-worst teams. (The Jaguars’ point differential is -56 and the Football Team’s point differential is -54.)

Project their current -110 point differential over a 16-game season, and the Jets would get outscored by 293 points this season. That would be the worst point differential in NFL history, topping the current record of -287 by the 1976 Buccaneers. That was the first season in Buccaneers franchise history, and that expansion team is often named as the worst team in NFL history.

The Jets are the favorites to land the first overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft, where they’d likely take Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence. If so, Lawrence will be going to a place where he has a big mess to clean up.

I know it would likely not happen, but if we did draft Lawrence we should sit him a year until we can get a semblance of a team around him. Let a journeyman vet take the beating each week.

I guess Fitz will be looking for a new team next year ... ;-) 

• Upvote 2

I've said it a few times now but this is really the most appropriate thread for this take:

This is the worst NFL Football team I've ever seen take the field.  No joke, not being hyperbolic, it's legit.  This is the worst team I've ever seen take the field in the NFL.  All the historic sh*tty teams, 1 win Jets, Browns, Fins, winless Lions - all beat this team no questions asked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've said it a few times now but this is really the most appropriate thread for this take:

This is the worst NFL Football team I've ever seen take the field.  No joke, not being hyperbolic, it's legit.  This is the worst team I've ever seen take the field in the NFL.  All the historic sh*tty teams, 1 win Jets, Browns, Fins, winless Lions - all beat this team no questions asked. 

Take the 1 loss Texans and Falcons, if they played the Jets right now they both would be at least 10 point favorites over the Jets.  The  only 1 loss teams that would be less than a 7 point favorite would be Washington and Giants.  

• Haha 1

We've seen terrible teams with some fight in them. They aren't very talented but they give it their all and compete. This team is so lifeless they've lost the game by double digits before they even take the field. Especially on Offense. The defense does compete for their DC. On O however, between Flacco looking miserable, Gore getting bellcow carries, UDFA's at the skill positions, and a jagfest at OL, there's literally no threat of them driving the ball to score. 

Like honestly, when Miami went up 14-0 yesterday was their any doubt that the Jets would get smoked? The word comeback isn't even in our vocabulary.