Its not even week 7

2 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

You guys penciling in Trevor Lawrence with the number 1 pick are insane!!  When was the last time the Jets didnt win meaningless games to screw up draft position.

We will beat the Pats once and the Chargers. Sam wont be the qb to lead us to our first winless season. Things never work out that well for Jets

Jets arent beating either of those teams. But cool story

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

You guys penciling in Trevor Lawrence with the number 1 pick are insane!!  When was the last time the Jets didnt win meaningless games to screw up draft position.

We will beat the Pats once and the Chargers. Sam wont be the qb to lead us to our first winless season. Things never work out that well for Jets

Just now, jgb said:

Not penciling in. Penning in. This team can’t cover a point spread. They ain’t winning sheet. Except maybe week 17 if NE has nothing to play for and Belly hands us a win, which we will accept like jackholes.

Im using a Sharpie marker to write it in. 

This current Adam Gase coached team isn't winning a game in 2020. 

• Upvote 2

I appreciate the Jets fans expecting the worst possible outcome because that's all we know but this year I think is different.  This is legit, the worst NFL Football team I've ever seen.  I can say that confidently.  It's not hyperbolic, it's legit. 

The 1-15 Jets would destroy this team. The 1-15 Dolphins would have beat the ever living snot out of this team.  The 1-15 Browns would smoke this team.  The winless Lions would have won a a game that season if they played this team.

That's how bad the Jets are, fact.  I wholeheartedly believe this team goes 0-16.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

If you think that this team is any sort of threat to our draft position, then you’re goofy.

We’re on pace to out-suck the ‘76 Bucs.

Also, I have a feeling we’re never going to see Darnold step on the field in a Jets uniform again.

They’ll keep trotting out Flacco until he inevitably breaks in half and then they throw in Mike White.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Woe is me, the sky will fall, Charlie Brown will miss the football, theres a black cloud over us.

Dont forget that Joe Namath sold the teams soul to the devil in 68

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Agree with Sam since he isn't going to want to get a number 1 pick that replaces him here in NY. On way to definitely get the 1st overall pick is to either keep starting Flacco, or go to White/Morgan although one of them could surprise and win a game or two like Darnold.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Woe is me, the sky will fall, Charlie Brown will miss the football, theres a black cloud over us.

Dont forget that Joe Namath sold the teams soul to the devil in 68

I think even the dark lord Satan would have to admit we've suffered enough. :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have the toughest remaining schedule. 

0-16 is happening. 

I would say that this is highly likely, but even as we saw last year, the NFL is a 16 game season, and teams ebb and flow.  

The players will shift from not wanting to play for their loser coaches to worrying about their jobs next year.  Historically, teams tend to even out as the season moves on.  So to ensure the tank that is what this team needs to compete next year, the Jets need to:

1-Keep Gase for the rest of the season.

2-Long term IR Benton and Darnold, and get them surgery if they need it.

3-Not get sucked into winning one of the last few games of the season.

I think, knowing the Johnsons, this is easier to do without irate fans in the stadium/parking lot.

• Upvote 2

Jets are not flying across the country and beating the Chargers or going into New England week 17 (when NE will potentially need the win for the playoffs) and beating them either. Miami if Fitz falls apart and Tua is starting by then and looks like an awful rookie will be our only chance 

22 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

There are 9 (NINE) other teams with 1 win. Sure the Jets are a lock in week 7

And all of them outside of DC and Giants are playing competitive football for the most part. As long as the horrible NFC East all split with each other we will be ok. Bills, Chiefs, Patriots is 0-9 at the bye. I am sure we will have some more cushion in 3 weeks

35 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

The Chargers are a good team. You think the Jets are flying across the country and actually beat them? After we saw yesterday? The Pats might be our better shot at a win actually. They look like crap. But we still won’t beat them either. This is an 0-16 team 

1 hour ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

My sentiments (almost) exactly. There are 9 teams with 1 win and 3 with 2. Sam is good enough to win us a few games once Behcton, Mims, Perriman and Perrine are on the same page.  The Jets getting the #1 pick is far from a lock

• Upvote 2

I look at this way.  Yes, it makes more sense at this point to start over.  Get Lawrence on that rookie contract and build around him.  Yesterday our offense was run around Frank Gore and Joe Flacco.  Winning that game would do no one any good.  But one thing to keep in mind is we still do have what many consider a good young QB here in Darnold and if we actually do win a few games this year it's going to be because Darnold played well.  My point being, it's not like we're stuck with a McCown type QB, if we lose out on the Lawrence sweepstakes, we can still build around Sam with a better o-line WR, better defense an obviously better coaching.  Lawrence is obviously this can't miss prospect that we can't turn down if we do end up with the #1 pick, but the consolation prize of sticking with Darnold and building around him isn't bad either. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

I hate to say it, but I'm inclined to agree.  Prove me wrong, Jets.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I look at this way.  Yes, it makes more sense at this point to start over.  Get Lawrence on that rookie contract and build around him.  Yesterday our offense was run around Frank Gore and Joe Flacco.  Winning that game would do no one any good.  But one thing to keep in mind is we still do have what many consider a good young QB here in Darnold and if we actually do win a few games this year it's going to be because Darnold played well.  My point being, it's not like we're stuck with a McCown type QB, if we lose out on the Lawrence sweepstakes, we can still build around Sam with a better o-line WR, better defense an obviously better coaching.  Lawrence is obviously this can't miss prospect that we can't turn down if we do end up with the #1 pick, but the consolation prize of sticking with Darnold and building around him isn't bad either. 

Agreed. Darnold isn’t a bad fallback option.  I still believe in the kid. So we’re good either way. 

draft TLAW or draft to support Sam. It’s actually two good options IMO.

• Upvote 2

The Jets schedule has maybe 2 games they can get lucky in. Not more than that.

The good new is that Ryan Tannehill who doesn’t possess an iota of the talent that Sam Darnold does, has looked like a top 10 quarterback in back to back seasons post-Gase, when his career was starting to look like a journey back up.

The Gase Effect is real my friends. Ending up with Trevor would be amazing, but I don’t think all will be lost if we hire the right coach for Sam and don’t end up with the 1st pick.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

The good new is that Ryan Tannehill who doesn’t possess an iota of the talent that Sam Darnold does, has looked like a top 10 quarterback in back to back seasons post-Gase, when his career was starting to look like a journey back up.

The Gase Effect is real my friends. Ending up with Trevor would be amazing, but I don’t think all will be lost if we hire the right coach for Sam and don’t end up with the 1st pick.

Do not dispel the effect that Arthur Smith has had on Tannehill. Tannehill did not show this when Joe Philbin was his coach.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Do not dispel the effect that Arthur Smith has had on Tannehill. Tannehill did not show this when Joe Philbin was his coach.

Agreed, but that was part of my point. Sam showed some great flashes with two of the worst HC’s in recent times in Bowles & Gase, with some of the lowest offensive talent.

With a good coach, like an Arthur Smith or whoever it will end being, Darnold can look great. Coaching matters in the NFL more than any other sport. 

Talent will only get you so far, but with the right coach, I bet Sam becomes a star.

• Upvote 2

Usually I would be with you on this one....but not only are we losing games...we are getting our asses handed to us week in and week out.....only competitive game was against a banged up bad Denver game starting a 3rd string QB....this team will go down as a top 5 bad team all time....

Lots of season left but this might be the year that the Jets actually don't shoot themselves in the foot weeks 15-17

11 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Please share the basis for saying Sam has more talent than Tannehill.

14 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

It is definitely early for talk of the # 1 pick.

• Upvote 1