Chris Johnson, where are you?

Just now, freestater said:

Your hand picked genius is kling your team. Purposefully placing injured players in harm's way. He drives away any talent that would be utilized by other, more competent coaching staffs. Your winless team is on pace to be the most miserable, ineffective group to ever suit up together in league history. Yet here we are. Week after week, you trot out a horrible " coach" to lead this mess into another slaughter. Are you really just trying to save face from your ridiculous comments a month ago about your offensive genius? What a weak insecure look to establish for yourself. Sort yourself out and show yourself. Answer the questions you're ducking. Show a shred of courage. Let's hear it laid out for us; what are your reasons for standing behind such a complete failure like Gase? We watched this idiot destroy a team in our own division for the few years leading up to you hiring him. You weren't watching? Do you even have an idea what you're looking at when you watch a football game? You're currently the single worst owner in football, maybe all sports. Time to man up, little brother. Put your big boy pants on, get in front of a microphone and take your medicine. 

You deserve it. 

we all know where he is.... looking for Peyton Manning's phone number to try and figure out what to do... Problem is Manning isn't answering and CJ is lost. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Best for everyone if Fredo stays in hiding.  His idiotic statements do absolutely no good. The only words I want to hear from his mouth are that Gase's has been fired as he has resigned as CEO to turn the reins over to a competent adult.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Best for everyone if Fredo stays in hiding.  His idiotic statements do absolutely no good. The only words I want to hear from his mouth are that Gase's has been fired as he has resigned as CEO to turn the reins over to a competent adult.

I know it won't do any good. I just want to see the idiot in a press conference situation getting pummeled with questions about why his decision making process is so flawed. He deserves the embarrassment. 

On a side note, with the tough reputation our NY beat reporters have, why is no one going hard after Gase in these post game interviews? I'd love just one reporter to ask him if he still doesn't care because he's rich as ****. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, freestater said:

I know it won't do any good. I just want to see the idiot in a press conference situation getting pummeled with questions about why his decision making process is so flawed. He deserves the embarrassment. 

On a side note, with the tough reputation our NY beat reporters have, why is no one going hard after Gase in these post game interviews? I'd love just one reporter to ask him if he still doesn't care because he's rich as ****. 

Sad thing is though that the media would never. Its been 20 years of this, always run the coach out, run the gm out, etc. They never even come close to holding the Johnson's accountable at all. Don't see that changing anytime soon. It's funny the utter crappiness of the sports media, the ny sports media in particular was like a fortune teller to warn us of the complete collapse of the more serious news media. We missed all the warnings.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I have a hunch that CJ is behind the tank, told douglas to not spend during this COVID offseason and that’s why both are quiet.  Gase knows this and can’t do anything about it, and his record historically doesn’t help him either.

silly.

CJ couldn't plan a picnic.

If he is behind the tank, it's an indirect result of the team's financial situation and the directive not to spend any money this year.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

how many Jet fans arethere?

millions?

it would be kinda cool if we could somehow coordinate somesorta something to annoy the hell out of him.

flood himwith emails and phone calls or something...

A friend of mine used to see him driving around Bedminster and occasionally at the local deli. 

Says he hasn't seen him in awhile. 

43 minutes ago, freestater said:

Your hand picked genius is kling your team. Purposefully placing injured players in harm's way. He drives away any talent that would be utilized by other, more competent coaching staffs. Your winless team is on pace to be the most miserable, ineffective group to ever suit up together in league history. Yet here we are. Week after week, you trot out a horrible " coach" to lead this mess into another slaughter. Are you really just trying to save face from your ridiculous comments a month ago about your offensive genius? What a weak insecure look to establish for yourself. Sort yourself out and show yourself. Answer the questions you're ducking. Show a shred of courage. Let's hear it laid out for us; what are your reasons for standing behind such a complete failure like Gase? We watched this idiot destroy a team in our own division for the few years leading up to you hiring him. You weren't watching? Do you even have an idea what you're looking at when you watch a football game? You're currently the single worst owner in football, maybe all sports. Time to man up, little brother. Put your big boy pants on, get in front of a microphone and take your medicine. 

You deserve it. 

The key question is Who's In Charge.  Earth to Florham Park, who is in charge???

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I’m Johnson, the only guy I sit down with is Cimini. The rest of the NY media was giving Mike Maccagnan tongue-baths while blaming Bowles for the previous four years, and now it’s crystal clear that Maccagnan was the worst GM in sports history. Cimini, at least, was ringing the alarm on Maccagnan two years ago when all of his draft picks were falling out of the league. No way should Johnson agree to an interview with any media figure who would spend the entire interview whining about how everything is Gase’s fault. Those are not serious people and deserve zero time or respect.

Why would he or does he have to sit down with anyone. What changes with a sit down interview, Nothing. 

If the Johnsons are keeping Adam Gase:  It's best if we don't hear from Christopher Johnson until the season is over and then just to do a recap.  Odds are there won't be any ticket subscriptions allowed by April anyway, so he has no concerns about damage control for PSL or season ticket holders as we won't be out any money or be at risk of losing our seats.  They can retain Gase, retain their season ticket holders, skate on through to the 2022 season allowing Gase/Douglas to rebuild the right way.

If the Johnsons choose to remove Adam Gase:  It's best if it is the cutover if/when Woody returns.  In that case, the end of the season is the most logical time.  There is no hope for a turnaround so there is no point in blowing up the coaching staff right now, we'd just be throwing this mess into someone else's lap, someone not as adept at handling and deflecting the media.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the Johnsons are keeping Adam Gase:  It's best if we don't hear from Christopher Johnson until the season is over and then just to do a recap.  Odds are there won't be any ticket subscriptions allowed by April anyway, so he has no concerns about damage control for PSL or season ticket holders as we won't be out any money or be at risk of losing our seats.  They can retain Gase, retain their season ticket holders, skate on through to the 2022 season allowing Gase/Douglas to rebuild the right way.

If the Johnsons choose to remove Adam Gase:  It's best if it is the cutover if/when Woody returns.  In that case, the end of the season is the most logical time.  There is no hope for a turnaround so there is no point in blowing up the coaching staff right now, we'd just be throwing this mess into someone else's lap, someone not as adept at handling and deflecting the media.

SAR I

I cannot wait for big brother to get back. 

That's the state I'm in. 

Waiting for Woody freakin' Johnson to walk in and fix Chris' screw up. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I get that it makes no sense to make a coaching change in mid-season because you won't be changing the system(s), HOWEVER

1) Some times the atmosphere is so toxic you have to make the change sooner. Look at Atlanta and Houston yesterday. Atlanta won and Houston barely lost. Both teams upped their games. The Jets are regressing weekly.

2) Whether you want to keep Sam or trade him (dependent upon drafting TL), you are either A) killing Sam's (and other young players) development (should we need to hold onto him) or B) killing his trade value by keeping Gase here.

I've said over the past few weeks, we need to see Sam with a full compliment of WRs (and Becton) to figure out what we need to do going forward at the QB position. While he was out, the teams' 2nd best WR from last year was let go (Bell). Unless JD and the Johnsons (double entendre intended) have told the Darnold camp they have every intention of picking up his 5th yer option no matter what happens this year, the kid needs to play (unless his shoulder won't allow him or there is risk of making it immediately worse). And I hope to god the Johnsons (double entendre intended again) haven't given Gase the same guarantee

The team scored 23 total points in the 3 games he missed last year. They've score 10 in the 2 he has missed this year. Need to have some fair sample to evaluate over the next 10 games.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, freestater said:

I cannot wait for big brother to get back. 

That's the state I'm in. 

Waiting for Woody freakin' Johnson to walk in and fix Chris' screw up. 

11 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I get that it makes no sense to make a coaching change in mid-season because you won't be changing the system(s), HOWEVER

1) Some times the atmosphere is so toxic you have to make the change sooner. Look at Atlanta and Houston yesterday. Atlanta won and Houston barely lost. Booth teams upped their games. The Jets are regressing weekly.

2) Whether you want to keep Sam or trade him (dependent upon drafting TL), you are either A) killing Sam's (and other young players) development (should we need to hold onto him) or B) killing his trade value by keeping Gase here.

We have to believe that Douglas and Gase are the answer.  This is their first real year together with a common draft and FA period, purging older players, younger ones only now getting healthy and getting on the field.

Assuming Darnold and Mims are back and Douglas gets fired, view this Sunday as Week 1.  Let's see where they go from here.

SAR I

Chris Johnson has already seen his "great offensive mind" comment blow up in his face. 

If he is going to cut bait and make Jim Bob Cooter the interim, the sooner the better. This team is so talent deficient it wouldn't hurt any tank. But really pro sports teams on game day do not tank. Big picture the GM and coach can shape the game day roster and tell a coach to play young guys. There is nobody telling them to intentionally lose.

If not, really Gase is out of here the day after the season no matter what. Anything else is details. 

What the idiot Johnsons need to be doing right now is feeling out the big dogs; Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Dabo Swinney. If he can overpay one of those guys to become the Big Ass Football Guy (and possibly coach) that needs to be hashed out. The Next Bland Inoffensive Coordinator has not worked. Getting in front of cameras and microphones is a DISASTER every time these 2 idiots have done it. 

Was disinclined to think Dungy might be a fit, but as a guy who brings instant credibility and good will, would make a perfect Club President. He can pick the coach if he doesn't want to do it. 

Joe Douglas may or may not fit. But looking across the river to the Rangers, it can work to have a club president come in and be another guy to help out in decisions. If only such a guy was in place when Maccagnan picked Adams over Mahomes; simply the worst drafting decision (among too many ) in Jets history.