Jump to content

What Is Really Going On - Cast Your Vote


What Are The Jets Actually Doing ???  

47 members have voted

  1. 1. What Are The Jets Actually Doing ???

    • Chris Johnson, Joe Douglas & Adam Gase Are All On The Same Page To Tank For Trevor Lawrence And Start From Scratch With A Once In A Generation QB Prospect In 2021 & A Boatload Of Draft Picks
    • Chris Johnson & Joe Douglas Are On The Same Page To Tank For Trevor Lawrence And Start From Scratch With A Once In A Generation QB Prospect A Boatload Of Draft Picks And A New Head Coach In 2021
    • There Is No Plan. Johnson Is A Fool And A Dupe. Joe Douglas Has Done A Bad Job And Gase Is A Horrible Coach. There Was And Is No Plan To Tank. They Just Suck


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Icer said:

I'ma go with B even though it wasn't the original plan, it is now

I tend to agree with this, but I think it is plan A and not plan B unfortunately.  I believe they started the season with an honest plan to be an improved team.  After game two, Gase had Chris Johnson and Joe Douglas convinced that they can not go forward in the direction that Gase wants to take the team with Sam Darnold as the QB.  The committed and agreed to plan was to have a fire sale, eventually trade Darnold and tank for Trevor.

The big issue here is that Gase is part of the future plan.  

That means Trevor Lawrence is going to have to get use to losing...

Link to post
Share on other sites

They made the determination that the team was going to suck, but went about focusing this year on evaluating Darnold by signing a bunch of allegedly decent (if cheap) pass protectors, drafting Becton and Mims, and hoping for the best. Then injuries happened, Darnold sh*t all over himself, and Gregg’s defense has been awful. Gase has no answers but had a chance to survive if the team was reasonably competitive, which it simply isn’t. The “Douglas and Elhai” stuff from Gase is a reference to the org being aware of the soft-tank, but the injuries have pulled the rug out on that plan, and Gase (and possibly Williams) will hang for it this week or next. 

  • Post of the Week 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

They made the determination that the team was going to suck, but went about focusing this year on evaluating Darnold by signing a bunch of allegedly decent (if cheap) pass protectors, drafting Becton and Mims, and hoping for the best. Then injuries happened, Darnold sh*t all over himself, and Gregg’s defense has been awful. Gase has no answers but had a chance to survive if the team was reasonably competitive, which it simply isn’t. The “Douglas and Elhai” stuff from Gase is a reference to the org being aware of the soft-tank, but the injuries have pulled the rug out on that plan, and Gase (and possibly Williams) will hang for it this week or next. 

And this little thing called the pandemic, which created situation where a lot of non-meshed parts on an offensive line had ZERO ability to work together before first kickoff.

And that is not to excuse the coaching, which has been abysmal.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They made the determination that the team was going to suck, but went about focusing this year on evaluating Darnold by signing a bunch of allegedly decent (if cheap) pass protectors, drafting Becton and Mims, and hoping for the best. Then injuries happened, Darnold sh*t all over himself, and Gregg’s defense has been awful. Gase has no answers but had a chance to survive if the team was reasonably competitive, which it simply isn’t. The “Douglas and Elhai” stuff from Gase is a reference to the org being aware of the soft-tank, but the injuries have pulled the rug out on that plan, and Gase (and possibly Williams) will hang for it this week or next. 

Wait so you and SOR I are really saying we are 6-0 leading the division barring injuries.

The 49ers have the most injuries in the league they are 4-2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

C except I actually think JD does have a clue. He just has literally nothing else around him, and it wont take overnight to change this organization, especially considering that we know the Johnsons limit that.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

C except I actually think JD does have a clue. He just has literally nothing else around him, and it wont take overnight to change this organization, especially considering that we know the Johnsons limit that.

Ryan Khalil 

Josh Doctson 

Donte Moncreif 

Kaare Vedvik 

Kallen Ballade 

Luke Falk 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so you and SOR I are really saying we are 6-0 leading the division barring injuries.

The 49ers have the most injuries in the league they are 4-2. 

Have an orderly crack your window, Joe.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Jets to even had the opportunity for a .500 season, there would have to have been about 1,000 things go right in the season.

Turning over the majority of your roster, and that meaning a lot of starters ,requires time with team working through a normal summer camp and using pre-season to figure things out. We all know why that didn't happen.

Couple that with the Jets schedule, which would have been daunting under normal circumstances.

Then consider your best defensive player decides to opt out.

Then your other best defensive player decides to mouth off and shoot his way out. By that point, the writing was on the wall. Trade Jamal and let the tank happen.

I am starting to think it may have been malfeasance NOT to allow the tank to happen. 

Hopefully this is a ll true. For our sake.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly believe that if Gase is still the HC of the NYJ there is a realistic possibility that Trevor Lawrence says that he is not going to play for a coach that has come close to ruining two previous premium draft picks.  

That is what I would advise him as his agent, attorney and/or parent.  

The only way this plan has any hope is if JD and the Johnsons can show TL a better organization. 

I think this could be there George Young moment.  I hope.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...