Lamical Perine

CTJetsFan

I'd have to go back and re-watch the recording of the game again (I really don't want to) to get the specifics, but I can recall 2 times in the 2nd half where Flacco went back to pass and Perine was in on pass protection. On the 2 plays I recall, he looked awful. One specifically, he got spun around in a 360 and didn't know where to look or where to go next.

They do say that if a RB can't pass protect, they will not play. Based on the limited sample I noticed, I can understand why he hasn't played much.

The flip side of that is the kid's strength is supposedly as a pass catcher. If so, why wasn't he split out?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'd have to go back and re-watch the recording of the game again (I really don't want to) to get the specifics, but I can recall 2 times in the 2nd half where Flacco went back to pass and Perine was in on pass protection. On the 2 plays I recall, he looked awful. One specifically, he got spun around in a 360 and didn't know where to look or where to go next.

They do say that if a RB can't pass protect, they will not play. Based on the limited sample I noticed, I can understand why he hasn't played much.

The flip side of that is the kid's strength is supposedly as a pass catcher. If so, why wasn't he split out?

This is typical of rookies who don’t do it a lot in college.  He was split out a lot.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the more important question was why was his "expanded role"  simply taking more snaps in pass pro situations?  

The answer is Gase is a twat and is going to go kicking and screaming and not going to give any young players extra snaps.

Gase isn’t going to develop anyone.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Perine and Johnson need to be getting all the playing time not Gore. 

You cant properly evaluate these kids without seeing them on the field. 

I"be seen enough. I don't think he's the guy. Flacco hit him with a perfect pass yesterday which would have gone for about 15 yards of it was Bell and it bounced off his hands. You can't drop those. I know he is a rookie but come on. 

We need to continue to invest in O line.  Under Mike Shanahan, the Bronco's oline made every running back looked like a star.

Better play across the line, especially from the interior of the line and suddenly our running backs have somewhere to run. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Probably the same reason why Bell rarely got split out even when the Jets were running out WR 4, 5, 6, and oh sh*t get someone off the street.  Adam Gase.

This is just another example of how stupid the Jets are.  When you take kids like Perine, you have to have a plan for them.  You cant draft a limited back, who never ever had to pass block in college but instead was a steady 3rd down move the chains weapon an force him to play in a system that just isnt a fit doing sh*t he shouldnt be doing.  

• Upvote 4