Lamical Perine

CTJetsFan

That said, this is the worst run blocking OL I've ever seen.  Worse than last year.  I've never seen some many plays made in the back field or at the LOS in my life.  I dont know where to find the stat but I'd be shocked if we're not dead last under 1.5 yards in terms of first contact on a run play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

That said, this is the worst run blocking OL I've ever seen.  Worse than last year.  I've never seen some many plays made in the back field or at the LOS in my life.  I dont know where to find the stat but I'd be shocked if we're not dead last under 1.5 yards in terms of first contact on a run play.

Teams are playing 11 in the box because we literally have no downfield offense. Right out of the gate Flacco went long & one of overthrown, one was terribly under thrown, but all around the league QBs throw to covered WRs long that come up with catches on them. 
I have never seen an offense this bad EVER! Actually, yes, don’t remember the year but Boomer was QB, if we win, we’re in the playoffs. We went on the road vs Houston Oilers, Buddy Ryan was DC, his defense SLAUGHTERED US! They couldn’t get out of their own way! Boomer got the sh*t kicked out of him & watching it I remember a sense of shame & guilt being a Jet fan. They punched us in the face, over & over! So for you young guys, there has been a lot of shameful games for the Jets. Just that this year it’s every game ?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Helair would be horrible on the Jets. He isn't even that good on KC. 

He gets like 8 carries & 4 targets. That team is so loaded it’s ridiculous. 
Ettiene definitely has Edgerin James style, I like him a lot. Your probably right, let’s hope Seattle goes down in their 1st playoff game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok then move on. 

I remember the guy Perine has been compared to (Bilal Powell) being called a bust his first season and guys wanting to cut him.  That was after a full season and here we have a guy who gotten a few carries here and there and folks are saying it is time to move on.    The level of selective impatience is nothing short of mind-boggling.    Can we please give the guy a chance before we "move on"?  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

I remember the guy Perine has been compared to (Bilal Powell) being called a bust his first season and guys wanting to cut him.  That was after a full season and here we have a guy who gotten a few carries here and there and folks are saying it is time to move on.    The level of selective impatience is nothing short of mind-boggling.    Can we please give the guy a chance before we "move on"?  

I agree but others said he sucks so for arguments sake I said Ok then move on. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree but others said he sucks so for arguments sake I said Ok then move on. 

I hear you. These are the same folks who say we don't give our young players an opportunity.  As if they are not going to be make some rookie mistakes along the way.  It just makes my head want to explode.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the more important question was why was his "expanded role"  simply taking more snaps in pass pro situations?  

The answer is Gase is a twat and is going to go kicking and screaming and not going to give any young players extra snaps.

If you flat out risk the health of basically the ONLY 2 Assets on your entire roster in Darnold and Becton, throwing them out there when in hindsight after they had BOTH exacerbated their injuries, doing so was a terrible decision, it’s safe to say that the reason being was of course for Gase to try to save his own sorry ass, you can bet you’ll see tons more of Gore until his tires fall off....you won’t see much of any young guys.

But this is what happens with the Johnsons, either the misers bargain basement shop and always give the HC job to some coordinator or maybe they just can’t get a real HC to come work for them....but the story is always the same, since the guy has NO chops as a HC he feels he can’t risk, for himself, using young guys who will make mistakes while learning but in the best interest of the teams future using them would be the correct move, especially in a hideous lost season.  So they virtually only play used up Vets who only came to the Jets for a final paycheck NO other team would give them.

I actually burst out laughing yesterday a few times as I saw a close to 40 year old Flacco hand off to a close to 40 year old Gore, much of the time on obvious passing downs (see..I just laughed again thinking about it).

I want Gase to coach every game this year because I want 0-16, and he virtually guarantees that he is so horrific.  I also want that because this back stabbing con artist Fraud deserves to be RADIOACTIVE within the NFL.  0-16 kind of does that. EVERY team will be put on notice by their players. “Nah man you hire that MF, and you better trade me, I’m not working for him”...and they’d be totally justified in doing so.

He should be playing checkers with Maccagnan off the side of a highway next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, JiF said:

The Jets OL ranks 19th in run blocking, according to Football Outsiders. That is not as bad as you describe. Our RBs are all stiffs.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

This is just another example of how stupid the Jets are.  When you take kids like Perine, you have to have a plan for them.  You cant draft a limited back, who never ever had to pass block in college but instead was a steady 3rd down move the chains weapon an force him to play in a system that just isnt a fit doing sh*t he shouldnt be doing.  

Agree 100%. Or, they could try (as any competent coaching staff would) to coach the kid up in pass pro to where he's not a liability when you ask him to do it.

Nah......that makes too much sense.

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The Jets OL ranks 19th in run blocking, according to Football Outsiders. That is not as bad as you describe. Our RBs are all stiffs.

I don’t care what Football Outsiders says, I’ve never seen more run plays blown up and RBs met earlier than I have this season which is remarkable considering how bad it was last year. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I don’t care what Football Outsiders says, I’ve never seen more run plays blown up and RBs met earlier than I have this season which is remarkable considering how bad it was last year. 

You do realize how predictable Gase’s offense is? If we can call a running play is coming from our couches, you know the opposing defense is ready for it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Certainly not Ryan Tannehill

Actually Tannehill did verywell in Gase's O.  His problem was he couldn't stay on the field.  Only played in 24 of 49 games.

All they do is win, win, win (Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill, with Adam Gase)

HIDE CAPTION
Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill and coach Adam Gase talk in the fourth quarter during a game against the New York Jets on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018 at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands, N.J. (Charles Trainor Jr./Miami Herald/TNS) 
TNS
By Joe Schad
Posted Sep 19, 2018 at 12:01 AMUpdated Sep 20, 2018 at 9:06 PM

All they do is win, win, win, no matter what

And every time they step onto the field

Everybody hands go up

With a hat tip to DJ Khaled and Ludacris and friends, all Adam Gase and Ryan Tannehill do is win. Together.

Hands go up? Sure, like officials and fans, who more often than not are able to celebrate when Tannehill and Gase are on the same sideline, working together, on game days.

Don’t believe me?

Gase is 10-5 when Tannehill is under center. And 8-12 (including a playoff loss) when anyone else is.

Tannehill is 10-5 when Gase is his head coach and sort of not very good when others are. (Tannehill was 24-28 with Joe Philbin and 5-7 with Dan Campbell.)

“I think it’s just the cohesion of our two minds,” Tannehill said Wednesday. “We work really well together. We think alike. He’s constantly pushing me to get better, whether it’s something pre-snap, post-snap, during the play, a footwork thing or what to look at. He’s constantly just pushing little areas where I can get better. I love it. I love trying to push myself and being the best quarterback I can be.”

Tannehill said in a preseason interview that he wishes he was where he is now five years ago. That was a telling statement. Tannehill is an improved players, for many reasons.

RELATED STORY: Healthy, changed Ryan Tannehill ready for best year of Dolphins career

Notably, Tannehill has the full endorsement and support of a coach who took this job believing the quarterback would flourish running his plays, and with his coaching.

And though the Dolphins surely would have considered drafting a young quarterback in the last NFL Draft, Tannehill was led to believe he was the team’s starter this year, no matter what.

There is a lot to be said about working for someone who puts you in a position to succeed, who takes a vested interest and who has your back. To a large degree, Gase and Tannehill are attached, even though Gase essentially adopted his quarterback.

″(Ryan) makes sure that we complete the ones when they’re open,” Gase said this week. “His accuracy down the field is probably one of the better ones in the league, which I love saying considering that I was told he can’t throw the deep ball. I always like bringing that up.”

Photos: Miami Dolphins at New York Jets, Week 2

Gase smirked. Gase loves that Miami was predicted to be terrible this season. And so far, they’re not.

And he loves that people knock his quarterback. Because there’s pretty much nothing Gase enjoys in this world more than told-ya-so.

Tannehill is more reserved than Gase, but they’re both serious about their craft and cerebral in approach. And yes, Gase has brought a little more flair out of his quarterback, the more they’ve worked together.

Tannehill is showing more emotion. And seems to be enjoying his day-to-day existence.

“Just where I’m at in life now, how much gratitude I have after being away from the game for so long and just being able to do what I love, go out there every day, be around the guys, push the guys, try to make them the best they can be and then go out and compete on Sundays, it doesn’t get any better than that,” Tannehill said.

Tannehill was asked on Wednesday about the world sort of expecting the Dolphins to stink.

“I don’t know and I don’t really care, honestly,” Tannehill said.

The world sort of expects Tannehill to stink, except here’s the thing — he hasn’t.

Tannehill is 8th in the NFL in passer rating at the moment — one spot ahead of Tom Brady. And Tannehill is completing 73 percent of his passes, which is 5th in the NFL.

“And Tannehill’s scrambling ability is a winning edge for him,” Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Wednesday. “He can get out of trouble. They can create running plays. They can do a lot of different things with a quarterback that has this kind of athleticism.”

Getting back to winning. Over his last 10 NFL starts, Tannehill has a record of 9-1. Now some will say it’s lame to date back to 2016.

We say, no, it’s relevant and fair. When Gase and Tannehill are together, Miami wins. Why complain? They win.

“I think there was a little bit of a period of finding out what each other did well and how we could best push each other and push this offense and work together,” Tannehill said. “I think we kind of figured that out midway through 2016, then we started playing well and then unfortunately I got injury.”

RELATED STORY: The Tape Don’t Lie: Miami Dolphins at New York Jets, a review

Why do we play? We play-to-win-the-game. So, which quarterbacks have the best records in the NFL in that previously-mentioned span?

Tannehill (9-1), Carson Wentz (9-1), Case Keenum (9-1), Tom Brady (8-2) and Jared Goff (8-2).

Wentz’s Eagles won the Super Bowl. Keenum got $36 million from the Broncos.

Brady is the G.O.A.T. And Goff is the young, rising star on a Super Bowl favorite team.

What’s Tannehill?

A guy who gets grief. A guy who, for some reasons, ends up as the butt of jokes. What if Gase and Tannehill — together — is good enough?

I mean, when they’ve been together, hasn’t it been?

4 hours ago, fullblast said:

Gonna be honest. I didn't really see anything special in Perine at Florida and I haven't seen anything thus far this season that gives me any hope he'll be a piece moving forward. RB is a huge need IMO.

Agreed. I first wanted josh Kelley but he went right before us I think. Then I had dj Dallas but we passed on him. Hopefully perine will still pan out.

53 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The worst pick in the draft.

Who the f*ck drafts such a small low ceiling running back?

Terrible.

The Steelers, a team that knows how to draft, took Anthony McFarland from MD a few picks after Perine.  Before Morgan and Clark by the Jets.

JD's picks have not been perfect and beyond criticism.

He also traded down in the second round, away from picking Chase Claypool.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the more important question was why was his "expanded role"  simply taking more snaps in pass pro situations?  

The answer is Gase is a twat and is going to go kicking and screaming and not going to give any young players extra snaps.

A la Moneyball, JD should just trade Gore.  :)  (fking Gase) 

• Upvote 1

To the original question, he did completely fine in pass protection.  I specifically watched him and just him every snap he was in, and he looked fine.  

I do remember the play where he kind of spun around.  It appeared to me me kept trying to find an assignment to help on but couldn't. 

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes these guys are the main reason Joe Flacco is getting killed. 

Did you see him take the 28 yard loss sack yesterday. 

You need to slow down, rookie RBs need to learn how to block.  Its why Ballage was dumped, he wasnt blocking.

Freeman McNeil needed to sit until he learned how to block.  

And theres no comparing Perine to McNeil