our former one trick pony leads the NFL in yards

kmnj

8 minutes ago, Young Jetty said:

While I miss Robbie, he wouldnt be putting up those numbers with Darnold.

Teddy throws a way better deep ball.

Robbie always had to come back to the ball when Darnold threw to him.

He;s also coming underneath...but we had Crowder doing ALL those routes...

19 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

The narrative that Robby was a one trick pony when he was here was false. The guy showed he had good hands and could make a tough catch.

The only way letting him go makes any sense is if the organization thought his character was a concern.. but even then it’s not as if they had to guarantee him a huge amount of money to keep him.

do we have any more details than 4/40 about what was offered? gurantees, et cet...  I think I read somewhere that that was what broke it.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why didn’t anyone offer him more money then?

Because of his production here. The team he played for,uncertainty about him as a teammate. Also,we don't know for certainty what other teams showed interest. Once he had a chance to play for Rhule. That was it. It was obvious when he was here he was explosive and had a boatload of untapped potential Tom

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

do we have any more details than 4/40 about what was offered? gurantees, et cet...  I think I read somewhere that that was what broke it.

No one knows the exact numbers but it’s pretty certain the jets offered Robby more money

again, it’s the Gase factor

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sad 1

We are not allowed to have nice things.

I'm shocked people expect things to go any way other than how they have.

He was mediocre+ with us and now he blows up ... It is the way of the universe. 

Look at our boy Demario Davis left here went on to bigger and better things. 

If we kept Robby he would still be mediocre because we are a trash bag. Be happy he left and got to spread his wings and fly on to his own beautiful tomorrow, while we wave up to him from our muck fields.

Players leave here and do better, just like good QB prospects come here to bust. Trevor is next on the list of sacrificial lambs .... Learn to love he flames. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

No one knows the exact numbers but it’s pretty certain the jets offered Robby more money

again, it’s the Gase factor

Threw Robby under the bus after the first game last year. Publicaly. Our receivers need to run good routes. Remember. It's always someone elses fault with Gase. Such a butthole

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, genot said:

Also,we don't know for certainty what other teams showed interest.

No, we definitely know what other teams showed interest in him. He was on the trade block for two straight years, received minimal interest, and then as a free agent signed a 2/$20mm deal with $12 mil up front. Good for him for having a good run so far, but two teams offered Robby a contract. One was the Jets, the other was, later, the Panthers, and they offered the same rate. That’s it. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Resurrect those Perriman threads. 

No need to bash Perriman.  It is not his fault JD didn't sign Robby. In fact, he should have signed both of them.   Perriman looked okay yesterday (Flacco was horrible) and is not making that much money.  He just needs to stay healthy.  Robby, Perriman, Mims and Crowder would be a very decent WR corp.   Imagine if we had given Sam that group instead depending on the V. Smith, Josh Doctsons of the world.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I wasn't a Robby Anderson fan so I won't gloat. 

Good for him. 

Remember who failed to re-sign him our current GM Joe Douglas. 

I was a huge Robby fan and was very disappointed when he signed with Carolina.  I do understand that he went to play with his College coach.  A man who believed him and his ability.   We should have been more aggressive to sign him before it got to that point but when it was a choice of Matt Rhule who he had history with or Gase, I mean come on, that was a no brainer.  We would have to really overpay to keep in that situation and he still might have left.   That is another reason we need to get rid of Gase because he is going to chase away all of our "good" players.  It is obvious that no one whats to play for him. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

story of his career

He never should have been the go to guy. He should have just been a depth signing that could pay dividends if he continued his play from the previous seasons last 6 or 7 games.  The fact that we signed him and let Robby walk, (instead of signing both of them) was just plain stupid.  

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, we definitely know what other teams showed interest in him. He was on the trade block for two straight years, received minimal interest, and then as a free agent signed a 2/$20mm deal with $12 mil up front. Good for him for having a good run so far, but two teams offered Robby a contract. One was the Jets, the other was, later, the Panthers, and they offered the same rate. That’s it. 

Okay,you win on that point. Wish we would have evaluated Robby on what he did with us,and what more he could have done if we upgraded around him and jettisoned our HC.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

For me, its notso much an idea that JD did a bad job than "itsa shame" cos I like the player and think he is a good WR piece to have...

and he was an underdog who said some funny chit to the po-po.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Robby was always SOLID.  Mediocre #'s cos of limited opportunities and below avg. QBs. 

Now his catch rate is 78% where it was 54% with the Jets.

More targets, more shallower/shorter routes and better QB.

A good WR piece to have for ANY NFL team.

I think the major difference with Robby this year is that Rhule has him playing harder, and that’s why his catch% is up 20 points. 

I love the people who blame Douglas for this as if Robby would be having the same season if he was still here. Robby played through two tenures (coaches/QBs) here and was a limited guy. Fans really think Robby would be posting a 78% catch rate and leading the league in yards in Gase's offense with Darnold and Flacco throwing him the ball?

55/750/5 was the kind of guy he was in New York. That was under Bowles/Gase and Fitz/Darnold. It took a competent coaching staff and the best QB he's played with to unlock him. He was never going to be this guy in New York.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think the major difference with Robby this year is that Rhule has him playing harder, and that’s why his catch% is up 20 points. 

Nope.It's the shorter routes. And # of targets. Robby has good hands. He didnt drop 20% passes. 

Has more YAC thru 6 games than he had all of last season.

See the advanced metrics...   shorter yds per reception WHEN he catches it, more yards per reception afterhe catches it, more targets/game...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeRo04.htm#all_detailed_receiving_and_rushing

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

I love the people who blame Douglas for this as if Robby would be having the same season if he was still here. Robby played through two tenures (coaches/QBs) here and was a limited guy. Fans really think Robby would be posting a 78% catch rate and leading the league in yards in Gase's offense with Darnold and Flacco throwing him the ball?

55/750/5 was the kind of guy he was in New York. That was under Bowles/Gase and Fitz/Darnold. It took a competent coaching staff and the best QB he's played with to unlock him. He was never going to be this guy in New York.

I don't understand why people are not getting this.  Every year Robby IMPROVED AS A JET. It is not like he was in decline and all of a sudden had a break out season with the Panthers.  He has flirted with 1,000 seasons several years in a row.   He started running more complex routes (besides go routes) as a JET.  It was obvious to me at least that he could easily improve upon his numbers, even if he had stayed with the Jets.  

2016 - 42 recp 587 yds 2 tds
2017 - 63 recp 941 yds 7 tds
2018 - 50 recp 752 yds 6 tds
2019 - 52 recp 779 yds 5 tds

2020 - 40 recp 566 yds 1 tds (after 6 games) 

No one can predict stats but it is easy to see that he might build on what he has ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED here.   Yet, everyone had a hard on for Crowder who is simply a decent slot receiver but nothing special.   In fact one of the reasons Crowder had such a good season last year WAS BECAUSE OF ROBBY STRETCHING THE FIELD.    Now that is he gone and we see teams stacking the box.    Until Perriman or Mims when he returns, can make teams play, they will continue to dare us to go deep while crowding the line of scrimmage.    

• Upvote 1

More than half of his routes this season have been at a maximum depth of fewer than 10 yards, per ESPN. Anderson has been targeted 32 times on short to intermediate passes (catching 27). He had 41 such targets all of last season (31 catches).

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-wr-robby-anderson-no-longer-just-a-deep-threat?campaign=Twitter_atn

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I don't understand why people are not getting this.  Every year Robby IMPROVED AS A JET. It is not like he was in decline and all of a sudden had a break out season with the Panthers.  He has flirted with 1,000 seasons several years in a row.   He started running more complex routes (besides go routes) as a JET.  It was obvious to me at least that he could easily improve upon his numbers, even if he had stayed with the Jets.  

2016 - 42 recp 587 yds 2 tds
2017 - 63 recp 941 yds 7 tds
2018 - 50 recp 752 yds 6 tds
2019 - 52 recp 779 yds 5 tds

2020 - 40 recp 566 yds 1 tds (after 6 games) 

No one can predict stats but it is easy to see that he might build on what he has ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED here.   Yet, everyone had a hard on for Crowder who is simply a decent slot receiver but nothing special.   In fact one of the reasons Crowder had such a good season last year WAS BECAUSE OF ROBBY STRETCHING THE FIELD.    Now that is he gone and we see teams stacking the box.    Until Perriman or Mims when he returns, can make teams play, they will continue to dare us to go deep while crowding the line of scrimmage.    

But is he a guy you give a long contract to? That is what this boils down to. I am not sure. To me, I would always be worried about injuries. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Nope.It's the shorter routes. And # of targets. Robby has good hands. He didnt drop 20% passes. 

Has more YAC thru 6 games than he had all of last season.

See the advanced metrics...   shorter yds per reception WHEN he catches it, more yards per reception afterhe catches it, more targets/game...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeRo04.htm#all_detailed_receiving_and_rushing

We we're saying this sh.. Two years ago. Corners have to play so far off him because of his speed and SKILL to get open deep, those short routes become easy catches. Isn't rocket science

He would not have those numbers here. Darnold sucks throwing deep.

We also tried to sign him but he took less money to leave

robby is leading the league in wr yards -that is right folks  and is tied for second in catches-but dont worry folks  our gm brought in Perriman to take over and boy has he shown how great he is--money well spent there-
we went from a "one trick pony" to a no trick pony made of glass that has no hands

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Losmeister said:

missed 2 games in 4 yrs? you dont know WTF you are talking about.

His frame is one that is not built for durability. Maybe he will prove me wrong there in the long term.

The market showed what his worth was. That was 2 years, and I would have been fine with a 2 year mid-range contract for him. But not a long term deal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

His frame is one that is not built for durability. Maybe he will prove me wrong there in the long term.

The market showed what his worth was. That was 2 years, and I would have been fine with a 2 year mid-range contract for him. But not a long term deal.

you dont know WTF you aretalking about.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you dont know WTF you aretalking about.

Listen, Anderson spurned the Jets as much as the Jets spurned him.

He had worked out with Teddy Bridgewater prior to signing with Carolina. Bridgewater had sold him on the Joe Brady offense.

Matt Rhule was his college coach. 

Robbie had a lot of reasons to like Carolina.

On Robbies future durability, it is only my opinion. As I said, maybe I will be proven wrong. No one has a crystal ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Listen, Anderson spurned the Jets as much as the Jets spurned him.

He had worked out with Teddy Bridgewater prior to signing with Carolina. Bridgewater had sold him on the Joe Brady offense.

Matt Rhule was his college coach. 

Robbie had a lot of reasons to like Carolina.

On Robbies future durability, it is only my opinion. As I said, maybe I will be proven wrong. No one has a crystal ball.

The root of all hardships presently: Adam Gase. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That logic stinks as bad as crushers under teet sweat. The jests had far better access and opportunity to evaluate Robbie than other teams who only saw game tape. Saying other organizations also didnt see the potential isnt a vindication of JD

• Upvote 1