our former one trick pony leads the NFL in yards

kmnj

Robbie was once again fools gold.  Took him off waivers in my Fantasy league because he was on a tear early in the season.  Proceeded to suck/mia for like 10 games in a row.  Typical Robbie you would have thought I'd have learned that by now but at least Douglas did.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Robby Anderson would be our 6th WR in 2021.  

#TrustThePlan

So our 6th WR would produce nearly 100 receptions with 1100 yards? That WR depth has some serious all-pros Itching to go then. 

95 receptions and 1096 yards with Teddy as your QB isn’t something you can brush under the rug. It’s a solid season. Those stats would put him at 2nd overall in receptions in Jets history and 2nd overall in yards in a season since 2007, both behind 2015 Brandon Marshall numbers. 

#AdmitTheMistake

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, kmnj said:

robby is leading the league in wr yards -that is right folks  and is tied for second in catches-but dont worry folks  our gm brought in Perriman to take over and boy has he shown how great he is--money well spent there-

we went from a "one trick pony" to a no trick pony made of glass that has no hands

I was wrong you were right. Satisfied?

On 10/19/2020 at 9:50 AM, AFJF said:

This is what groupthink does.  People stop paying attention to the evidence in front of them and begin repeating widely held beliefs no matter how delusional as long as they're repeated often enough.

I wonder....what other thing people started repeating during the draft ignoring factual evidence? hmmm?

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Avoiding overpaying only works if you actually use that money. 

I don’t think he signed a 1 year deal.  Why would we want a mediocre wr who disappears for long stretches of 1 season overpaid on our roster.   There is zero justification for Robbie to be the highest paid WR on this years roster.  

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I don’t think he signed a 1 year deal.  Why would we want a mediocre wr who disappears for long stretches of 1 season overpaid on our roster.   There is zero justification for Robbie to be the highest paid WR on this years roster.  

$10m a very fair price for him. But it’s good we didn’t pay him so Woody saved $10m and the Darnoids got a new excuse for his continued sucking.

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, Losmeister said:

Are you also a sheep, Max?

We can all agree Gase isnt a good HC.

Landry had more catches / Miami under gAse than he did under Philbin and now at CLeve.

Drake is almost exactly the same player he was yards/carry, but less yards/catch...

SO YOU KNEW that Tannehill was a borderline elite talent being squarshed by Philbin and Gase?

It's a tired trope. 

Zero people were syaing what a deal the Titans pulled off by nabbing Tanny for a 4th and a 6th,.,,  and having him be the b/u?

Why didnt people HERE at JN want to go after Tanny?

Sure, GAse is bad. So is the tired-ass trope.

I called Tannehill. No one here agreed with me publicly. Many loudly mocked the opinion — “he couldn’t even beat out Mariota for the starting job!” Now the narrative is that it was obvious all along. 

Same deal with Trubisky now. No one else believes. If I end up being right, it’ll be “that wasn’t a controversial call, after all he did make a Pro Bowl as a Bear.”

Sigh @ the interwebZ.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

$10m a very fair price for him. But it’s good we didn’t pay him so Woody saved $10m and the Darnoids got a new excuse for his continued sucking.

Yet Carolina has the lowest active cap spending in 2021 of every NFL team and it's 33 Million less than the Jets who rank 23.  What Carolina is much better than the Jets at currently is dead cap space on players who aren't on their roster.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yet Carolina has the lowest active cap spending in 2021 of every NFL team and it's 33 Million less than the Jets who rank 23.  What Carolina is much better than the Jets at currently is dead cap space on players who aren't on their roster.  

Jets have also paid 2 GMs and 2 HCs at the same time for a decade. 

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets have also paid 2 GMs and 2 HCs at the same time for a decade. 

Carolinas owner was forced out of the league.  You want to shift the debate fine.  Woody is a crock, he’s not a good guy and he’s done a crappy job as an owner.  

The Jets today have a higher payroll and less dead cap space than Carolina.   Carolina signed Robbie.  Based on payroll management on a comparative basis Carolina makes the Jets look good. 

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Sure, but coaching and administrative staff salaries don't count against the cap.

How confident are you that Woody considers them different things? They both count against profit margin. Saleh could go 0-17 and have an embarrassing meltdown on the sideline and he’s untouchable barring criminal charges until Gase comes off book at end of 2022 season.

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Carolinas owner was forced out of the league.  You want to shift the debate fine.  Woody is a crock, he’s not a good guy and he’s done a crappy job as an owner.  

The Jets today have a higher payroll and less dead cap space than Carolina.   Carolina signed Robbie.  Based on payroll management on a comparative basis Carolina makes the Jets look good. 

How am I shifting the debate? You’re the one trying to bring in Carolina’s former creepy owner into this conversation. Seems I’m resisting your attempts to shift it.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

How am I shifting the debate? You’re the one trying to bring in Carolina’s former creepy owner into this conversation. Seems I’m resisting your attempts to shift it.

You moved from spending on players to spending on team management.  

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

How confident are you that Woody considers them different things? They both count against profit margin.

I'm not concerned with anything other than the cap. Also, I don't see any players the Jets let walk that they should have signed to multiyear big money contracts. In fact the reason that the Jets are carrying so much dead cap weight is because in the past they have spent in a frivolous manner on Jags, often ones that the fan base adored. Oh by the way I'm not a fan of the Johnsons but the cheapskate idea doesn't really hold water. The Jets spent the 4th most in guaranteed money this year during FA.https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/86152/new-york-jets-spend-75m-in-nfl-free-agency-but-they-still-need-a-big-draft Also....

https://twitter.com/PaulHembo/status/1372177407625560068?s=20

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

So our 6th WR would produce nearly 100 receptions with 1100 yards? That WR depth has some serious all-pros Itching to go then. 

95 receptions and 1096 yards with Teddy as your QB isn’t something you can brush under the rug. It’s a solid season. Those stats would put him at 2nd overall in receptions in Jets history and 2nd overall in yards in a season since 2007, both behind 2015 Brandon Marshall numbers. 

#AdmitTheMistake

Go root for Carolina then, fanboi.  This is a Jets site, not a Robby site.

It's a sick kind of "Fan" who gets a woody and starts bragging when ex-players do better elsewhere than they ever did here.  

There was no mistake.  We have the best WR group we've had in ages going into 2021.  What kind of "fan" is still pining over Robby now?

Will you be here next year bragging because Sam did this, or Berrios did that somewhere else?

#RootTheLaundryOverThePlayerFanbois

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Go root for Carolina then, fanboi.  This is a Jets site, not a Robby site.

It's a sick kind of "Fan" who gets a woody and starts bragging when ex-players do better elsewhere than they ever did here.  

There was no mistake.  We have the best WR group we've had in ages going into 2021.  What kind of "fan" is still pining over Robby now?

Will you be here next year bragging because Sam did this, or Berrios did that somewhere else?

#RootTheLaundryOverThePlayerFanbois

This is nonsense.

There is nothing wrong with liking an ex-player or criticising a decision by a GM, a decision the GM himself admitted was a mistake. 

If Sam somehow does ball out in Carolina then yeah I would fully expect his defenders to bring it up - They'd even have a point. That said there was far more evidence of Robby being a good NFL player than there ever has been with Sam Darnold. 

Our WR corps is pretty good now - Still a lot of unknowns. Robby is more proven than any single one of them and had a better season last year than any of them have ever had. He walks into the starting position if he were still here. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

There is nothing wrong with liking an ex-player....

Yes there is.  We root for the Jets.  Not the Ex-Jets.

When you start siding with Ex-Jets > The Jets, that's a problem.  

or criticising a decision by a GM, a decision the GM himself admitted was a mistake. 

Robby Anderson on the 2020 Jets makes absolutely no difference......except we likely don't have Wilson today.

Sorry, not seeing the mistake.  But then again, I've never been an obsessed Robby Fanboi like a small subset of our fanbase.

If Sam somehow does ball out in Carolina then yeah I would fully expect his defenders to bring it up - They'd even have a point.

If that point is "Sam, on another team, with an entirely different system, different roster, different coaches and different schedule, could play better", sure.

If that point is "he could have done that here", then no.  No they don't.

That said there was far more evidence of Robby being a good NFL player than there ever has been with Sam Darnold. 

Good?  Lol, no.  Adequate, if limited, ~700 yard/year #2 WR, sure, yes.  

Robby is more proven than any single one of them and had a better season last year than any of them have ever had.

Did he?

Davis in 2020:  14 games, 65 catches for 984 Yards and 5 TD's as the Titans #2 WR (and #3 Option when including Henry).

Robby in 2021:  16 games, 95 catches for 1096 yards and 3 TD's as Carolinas #1 targeted option once McCaffrey was hurt. 

So Davis was about his equal in two less games and with far fewer targets, with higher YPC, more TD's, etc.

He walks into the starting position if he were still here. 

Lol, no.

At some point you Robby obsessives really need to move on.

Unless you really want to be Carolina Fans, which, sadly, I think we're going to have a fair few of this year with both Sam and Robby there.

Listening to you Pseudo-Panthers Fans folks rooting for Sam and Robby this year so you can be right on the internet will get tiresome quick.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is nonsense.

There is nothing wrong with liking an ex-player or criticising a decision by a GM, a decision the GM himself admitted was a mistake. 

If Sam somehow does ball out in Carolina then yeah I would fully expect his defenders to bring it up - They'd even have a point. That said there was far more evidence of Robby being a good NFL player than there ever has been with Sam Darnold. 

Our WR corps is pretty good now - Still a lot of unknowns. Robby is more proven than any single one of them and had a better season last year than any of them have ever had. He walks into the starting position if he were still here. 

I'm with you... I especially/almost always root for them when I feel that Jets management blew it with them.

I have rooted for Cotchery, Robby, DeMario Davis, Braylon, Snacks and I will root for Sam as well.

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I'm with you... I especially/almost always root for them when I feel that Jets management blew it with them.

I have rooted for Cotchery, Robby, DeMario Davis, Braylon, Snacks and I will root for Sam as well.

There is a phrase for Fans who do that, it's called "Self-Hating Fans".

You hate your own team just as much as you claim to love it, and you're compelled to root against the interests of your team by rooting for people who leave the team. 

Ultimately, you're rooting for outcomes that make us look bad or even beat us on the field, because ultimately, you hate the Jets as much as you think you love them.

It's clinical, a sickness, but you can get help.

Just do us all a favor, keep that stuff to yourself come opening day, as no true Jets Fan wants to hear the self-hating contingent cheering on Sam's first TD pass to Robby in Carolina colors.  

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Robby Anderson would be our 6th WR in 2021.  

#TrustThePlan

No higher than fourth, anyway. 

I liked Robby a lot, and wanted him to get paid. He is still basically a one-trick pony, it just so happens he’s really good at that one trick. Joe D likes versatility, though, and Robby doesn’t have it. I like what he’s done with the group since RA left. Two big outside guys in Davis and Mims, two inside-out guys in Cole and Moore. That group has gone from bottom of the league (with Robby) to solidly NFL caliber in just two years. Can’t complain. 

And for the people who wanted Darnold out, letting Anderson go was probably the last straw there. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

No higher than fourth, anyway. 

I liked Robby a lot, and wanted him to get paid.

I don't see you following his post-Jets career like a kicked puppy and rooting him on even when he plays us. 

He is still basically a one-trick pony, it just so happens he’s really good at that one trick.   Joe D likes versatility, though, and Robby doesn’t have it.

I'll actually disagree a little here, he showed in 2020 that he makes for an adequate "lots of short passes" option, when you look at his numbers his YPC plummeted with all those targets. 

He went from 52 catches (95 targets) for 779 as our 15 YPC 'deep guy' to being 95 catches (136 targets!) for only 1,096 yards and a limp 11.5 YPC more all-routes RB-replacement type guy.  He also went up from dropping ~15% of passes to only 5%.  He had a good year, credit to him.  He wouldn't have had that good a year here, obviously.

What will be interesting is seeing how Robby does in 2021 with McCaffrey back and Sam at QB.  I think his catches (and yards) will drop quite a bit.

I like what he’s done with the group since RA left. Two big outside guys in Davis and Mims, two inside-out guys in Cole and Moore. That group has gone from bottom of the league (with Robby) to solidly NFL caliber in just two years. Can’t complain. 

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

This is nonsense.

Nothing wrong with liking Robbie. That's not evidence that our GM made a bad decision in not giving him more money and more years than Carolina in order to keep him here.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

There is a phrase for Fans who do that, it's called "Self-Hating Fans".

You hate your own team just as much as you claim to love it, and you're compelled to root against the interests of your team by rooting for people who leave the team. 

Ultimately, you're rooting for outcomes that make us look bad or even beat us on the field, because ultimately, you hate the Jets as much as you think you love them.

It's clinical, a sickness, but you can get help.

Just do us all a favor, keep that stuff to yourself come opening day, as no true Jets Fan wants to hear the self-hating contingent cheering on Sam's first TD pass to Robby in Carolina colors.  

Kool Aid.... Meet drinker. Woody LOVES you.  

• Upvote 1