our former one trick pony leads the NFL in yards

kmnj

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes there is.  We root for the Jets.  Not the Ex-Jets.

When you start siding with Ex-Jets > The Jets, that's a problem.  

Whaaaaaaaat? :rl: 

On 8/22/2018 at 10:44 AM, Warfish said:

Hard not to root for the kid tbqh.

I still wouldn't trade him, and I still would start him Week 1, but such is life.

All I can do is hope Darnold is all he is hyped up to be, sooner rather than later. 

Because I am pretty tired of wasting entire seasons on the promises of a future reward that never seems to come...

above was from the thread "Great Bridgewater article"

On 11/18/2019 at 8:31 PM, Warfish said:

Given Sam's durability to-date, it's not for a developmental player, but a young backup.

Yes, we can spare the pick.  Free agency is a thing too, and we have plenty of cap space.

I refuse to live and die by any one player.  Had we followed my vision, Teddy Bridgewater would have been out backup, and we'd (I guarantee you) not be basically eliminated already at this point.

Also, no to CB.  Our CB's are fine (fine enough to compete).  We don't need a CB, the Defense can take a god damn backseat for one draft.  Or spend the 5th on CB if you must.  O-Line (1), O-line/WR (2), O-line (3), O-Skill (3), QB (4), CB (5), Who cares (6-7).  WR in Free Agency, CB in Free Agency.  Done and dusted.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:00 AM, Warfish said:

Funny, we heard all off-season that Bridgewater would never, ever, under any circumstances, sign back up as a backup QB in 2019.

Sure would be cool if all the people who were so deeply wrong (and so loudly sure of themselves about it) admitted it today.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:45 PM, Warfish said:

I think it's clear that Darnold earned his job and has taken to it well and is developing well. 

There is no reason to complain to-date about Darnold or his performance, given what he is and where he is.

With that said, I also believe the Jets could easily be 5-1 today if we started Teddy Bridgewater day 1. 

I think Teddy wins every game Darnold did with generally equal-level performance, + win vs. Miami + win vs. Cleveland.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:23 PM, Warfish said:

+1

A single, universal "The Trade of Teddy Bridgewater (Threadnaught)" Thread is needed at this point.

There is nothing "official" here, just more reading between the lines of stuff we've already been reading between the lines about for months now.

Merge.

th?id=OIP.49YhiIyRUhyRwvab779a0gHaF8&pid

On 9/21/2018 at 6:12 AM, Warfish said:

Now maybe folks see why some of us wanted to keep Bridgewater to start, and bring Sam along slowly and only play him when both He AND the team were ready for it.

No matter how good Sam is, he can still be ruined.

/shrug

...and there were plenty more. 

;) 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, SpartanJet said:

Robbie was once again fools gold.  Took him off waivers in my Fantasy league because he was on a tear early in the season.  Proceeded to suck/mia for like 10 games in a row.  Typical Robbie you would have thought I'd have learned that by now but at least Douglas did.

I remember coming here and people complaining so hard we didn't keep Robby. Those guys were dead wrong. Douglas made the right decision letting him go. 

Carolina really screwed up giving him that money as its part of the reason they didn't pay Curtis Samuel. Really poor decision by Carolina keeping Robby/Letting Curtis Samuel get to FA. Samuel is much younger and way more versatile. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You didn't root for Tom Seaver to do well after he left the Mets???

Dude.

I was like 2 when Seaver left the Mets.

And to answer your question more broadly, no, I generally don't actually root for any ex-Jets.

I may argue we were wrong about cutting someone loose or the like, but actually root, like watch their games, hope they do well, show an interest.....no.  Not really.  I just don't have the Jets Fan obsession with ex-players many here do.  I'll be honest, I hope Robby sucks, I hope Sam sucks (much as he seems like a good kid, unlike the aforementioned Robby). 

I want my franchise to be right in it's decisions, not wrong.  I root the Laundry, not the people.

Maybe if a real favorite of mine had played elsewhere, Mangold, Chrebet, Toon.....maybe.  But they didn't.  Maybe that's part of why they're my all time favorites, who knows.

Lets use a more recent example than Seaver......did I root for Chad Pennington to do well when he was gone?  I liked Pennington alot.  But no, I didn't, far as I can recall.

Am I rooting for World Series hero Rendon after he dumped us for the big $$$?  Liked him a ton when he was in DC.  Nope.

On gameday it's only the Jets/Nats.

We're in the nest shape we've been in in ages today.  We have Wilson now.  No, I'm not crying or pining over a let go mediocre UDFA WR because he had one good'ish 1,000 yard season.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2021 at 3:09 PM, jgb said:

Robbie wanted to get paid. Therefore the horde had to shred his game to bits. Jets fandom 101.

Robby Anderson, upon finding out the Panthers acquired a new QB:

rubbing hands GIF

Robby Anderson, upon finding out that that QB is Sam Darnold:

Monkey No GIF by PG Tips

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Same deal with Trubisky now. No one else believes. If I end up being right, it’ll be “that wasn’t a controversial call, after all he did make a Pro Bowl as a Bear.”

Sigh @ the interwebZ.

I missed the boat on Tannehill, but I have stated my agreement with you on Trubisky.  Several others have as well!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

There is a phrase for Fans who do that, it's called "Self-Hating Fans".

We're Jets fans.  Self-hating is part of the deal for most or nearly all of us.  Come on now.  The self-hate will end when the team gives us a reason to stop being pissed about being Jets fans.  

There's just no point in telling people how they choose to be entertained by an awful franchise.  Let people be miserable if they want.  Its entertaining, and that's what matters. 

Deep down, many of us also believe the franchise will turn it around, and the current regime is particularly promising.  When it happens, no one will care who the "real fans" were.  As long as you were there for the rough times, you're in the club who gets to appreciate the success now.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Indeed, at no point did I say I was immune to being a whiney self-hating Fan who wanted to be "right on the internet".

Then stop telling others how to behave if you can't do it yourself, perhaps?  There's a nasty word that starts with "H" to describe people who do this.

Might make for a nicer message board experience for you and everyone around you if you just let people be.  When it comes to worries about others' behavior, letting go tends to be very freeing.

• Sympathy 1

Jamal Adams hasn’t received a dime in new money from the Seahawks.

Robbie Anderson is playing on a one year/$8 million dollar deal this season.

Rex Ryan hasn’t even gotten an interview for a head coaching job in the NFL since the Bills fired him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Rex Ryan hasn’t even gotten an interview for a head coaching job in the NFL since the Jets fired him. 

grinning the grinch GIF

Quite satisfying when laid out like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Dude.

I was like 2 when Seaver left the Mets.

And to answer your question more broadly, no, I generally don't actually root for any ex-Jets.

I may argue we were wrong about cutting someone loose or the like, but actually root, like watch their games, hope they do well, show an interest.....no.  Not really.  I just don't have the Jets Fan obsession with ex-players many here do.  I'll be honest, I hope Robby sucks, I hope Sam sucks (much as he seems like a good kid, unlike the aforementioned Robby). 

I want my franchise to be right in it's decisions, not wrong.  I root the Laundry, not the people.

Maybe if a real favorite of mine had played elsewhere, Mangold, Chrebet, Toon.....maybe.  But they didn't.  Maybe that's part of why they're my all time favorites, who knows.

Lets use a more recent example than Seaver......did I root for Chad Pennington to do well when he was gone?  I liked Pennington alot.  But no, I didn't, far as I can recall.

Am I rooting for World Series hero Rendon after he dumped us for the big $$$?  Liked him a ton when he was in DC.  Nope.

On gameday it's only the Jets/Nats.

We're in the nest shape we've been in in ages today.  We have Wilson now.  No, I'm not crying or pining over a let go mediocre UDFA WR because he had one good'ish 1,000 yard season.  

I’m very selective in former and now non Jets I will root for as well.  It’s less than 5 in the last few years BUT I will tell you, I hope Sam does well.   Wanting success for someone else is part of being a whole and happy human.  I actually wanted Chad to fail. I hate the FINS.  

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rex Ryan hasn’t even gotten an interview for a head coaching job in the NFL since the Jets fired him. 

The fact that REX and Jamal were thought to be a big deal shows how poor ownership here has been.   Robby? He’s gotten more out of his career than anyone ever imagined.   

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet that's exactly what you're advocating for everyone else to do.  For fans to stop being miserable rooting for a losing franchise.  

Not exactly.

I'm telling fans who think losing Robby Anderson was worth all the words spent on him to STFU already.  

How about THEM Apples.  LOL. ?

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then stop telling others how to behave if you can't do it yourself, perhaps?  There's a nasty word that starts with "H" to describe people who do this.

Might make for a nicer message board experience for you and everyone around you if you just let people be.  When it comes to worries about others' behavior, letting go tends to be very freeing.

I love how much I've gotten under your skin over the years.  Keep posts like this coming!

• Haha 2

Corey Davis. 

Denzel Mims. 

Elijah Moore. 

Robby Anderson. 

Jamison Crowder. 

How's that for a 5 wide WR unit?

In all seriousness:

JD has done a remarkable job in regards to addressing our WR position (early and often); an overall unit in which had been ignored almost as serverely as our O-Line had been neglected over the past 10+ years. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not exactly.

I'm telling fans who think losing Robby Anderson was worth all the words spent on him to STFU already.  

How about THEM Apples.  LOL. ?

Fans like you are horrible. 

The kid (Robby) was an undrafted FA gem of an underdog. He emerged out of literally nowhere during a "meaningless" preseason game;

And he never looked back. 

He produced every year despite crap surrounding the QB/O-Line/RB/TE position(s). 

He developed into one of the greatest deep threat Jet WRs of All-Time. 

He ended up signing a 2 year contract with Carolina before absolutely emerging as an NFL top 10-20 receiver (stats wise). 

But yet fans such as yourself feel you have the right to question passionate Jet fans frustration in losing Robby @ the time? Unbelievable. 

Did you see our WR core last Season? It stunk and fans had every right to hate watching Robby flourish in Carolina. 

Thnx God for JD drafting Mims and Elijah while signing Davis because losing Anderson was disheartening. 

Unfortunately for Robby he's never been blessed with a Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes or even Josh Allen etc because if so? He's an unstoppable top 5-10 WR. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

Go root for Carolina then, fanboi.  This is a Jets site, not a Robby site.

It's a sick kind of "Fan" who gets a woody and starts bragging when ex-players do better elsewhere than they ever did here.  

There was no mistake.  We have the best WR group we've had in ages going into 2021.  What kind of "fan" is still pining over Robby now?

Will you be here next year bragging because Sam did this, or Berrios did that somewhere else?

#RootTheLaundryOverThePlayerFanbois

Must be that time of the month for you. 

11 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I'm not concerned with anything other than the cap. Also, I don't see any players the Jets let walk that they should have signed to multiyear big money contracts. In fact the reason that the Jets are carrying so much dead cap weight is because in the past they have spent in a frivolous manner on Jags, often ones that the fan base adored. Oh by the way I'm not a fan of the Johnsons but the cheapskate idea doesn't really hold water. The Jets spent the 4th most in guaranteed money this year during FA.https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/86152/new-york-jets-spend-75m-in-nfl-free-agency-but-they-still-need-a-big-draft Also....

https://twitter.com/PaulHembo/status/1372177407625560068?s=20

This year. How many tens of millions under the cap the last 5?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I missed the boat on Tannehill, but I have stated my agreement with you on Trubisky.  Several others have as well!

Looking at the numbers, Trubisky isn’t as obvious of a call as Tannehill and I believe his ceiling is therefore lower. Tannehill was a screaming buy, the easiest sports prediction I ever made, edging out me saying Rosen was undraftable.

• Upvote 1