our former one trick pony leads the NFL in yards

kmnj

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're Jets fans.  Self-hating is part of the deal for most or nearly all of us.  Come on now.  The self-hate will end when the team gives us a reason to stop being pissed about being Jets fans.  

There's just no point in telling people how they choose to be entertained by an awful franchise.  Let people be miserable if they want.  Its entertaining, and that's what matters. 

Deep down, many of us also believe the franchise will turn it around, and the current regime is particularly promising.  When it happens, no one will care who the "real fans" were.  As long as you were there for the rough times, you're in the club who gets to appreciate the success now.

Homers believe packing an umbrella is rooting for rain.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Biggs said:

You moved from spending on players to spending on team management.  

I was agreeing with you that Carolina has done better than Jets by not paying money to players not on the team by pointing out Jets do that with front office, also. Sheesh.

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Fans like you are horrible. 

The kid (Robby) was an undrafted FA gem of an underdog. He emerged out of literally nowhere during a "meaningless" preseason game;

And he never looked back. 

He produced every year despite crap surrounding the QB/O-Line/RB/TE position(s). 

He developed into one of the greatest deep threat Jet WRs of All-Time. 

He ended up signing a 2 year contract with Carolina before absolutely emerging as an NFL top 10-20 receiver (stats wise). 

But yet fans such as yourself feel you have the right to question passionate Jet fans frustration in losing Robby @ the time? Unbelievable. 

Did you see our WR core last Season? It stunk and fans had every right to hate watching Robby flourish in Carolina. 

Thnx God for JD drafting Mims and Elijah while signing Davis because losing Anderson was disheartening. 

Unfortunately for Robby he's never been blessed with a Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes or even Josh Allen etc because if so? He's an unstoppable top 5-10 WR. 

He's a Panther. 

I don't root for the Panthers.  

But you do you DWC.  Sorry opening day will be so hard for you. 

16 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The love for this middling receiver while he is on another team is truly fascinating. If he were still a Jet, we would be postulating how we can upgrade the position. 

And we wonder why we can't have nice things.

In the land of glue nags, the one trick pony is king.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Tell me you're 157 years old without telling me you're 157 years old.

I'll have you know that I'm a full century shy of 157 years old, and I remember Tom Seaver leaving the Mets. 

On 5/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, jgb said:

How confident are you that Woody considers them different things? They both count against profit margin. Saleh could go 0-17 and have an embarrassing meltdown on the sideline and he’s untouchable barring criminal charges until Gase comes off book at end of 2022 season.

So Woody is a cheapskate who won't fire Saleh if he flames out because of money. Yet, part of the problem is that Gase is still on the books, and he was fired for less than stellar results. Um, ok.

Dog Tree GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

So Woody is a cheapskate who won't fire Saleh if he flames out because of money. Yet, part of the problem is that Gase is still on the books, and he was fired for less than stellar results. Um, ok.

Dog Tree GIF

Woody only fires GM or HCs when two conditions are met (1) the incumbent is a total, obvious, unmitigated disaster that threatens the fan base; and (2) the previous total, obvious, unmitigated disaster is off the books.

It seems that is changing though. At least, I hope so. Rather than take the pennywise/pound foolish path of the past (go for cheap options, but pay 2 at a time), the Jets opened the coffers for JD and, I suspect, also for Saleh. 

Late to the party on this one, but I gotta ask:

Who gives a ****?

Robbie Anderson isn't on this team anymore.  We have 2 good looking rookies, 2 more F/A's and a seasoned vet who all seem more than capable of filling Robbies shoes.  Let's focus on them.

7 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Late to the party on this one, but I gotta ask:

Who gives a ****?

Robbie Anderson isn't on this team anymore.  We have 2 good looking rookies, 2 more F/A's and a seasoned vet who all seem more than capable of filling Robbies shoes.  Let's focus on them.

If Wilson has the goods, our weaponiz are going to look good as if by magic.