If getting shut out by Miami wasn't enough...

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase owns a 30-40 record as an NFL head coach and 31 of those 40 losses gave come by double digits. He’s 7-15 as the Jets head coach with eight of those losses coming by double digits and five of them by 20 or more points.

Gase = worst HC in the NFL in a very long time.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's not getting fired.  He is running this multi-year rebuild.  It's a dirty, thankless job and he's doing well.

You begged the Johnson's to put a "football man" in charge.  And they have.  Enjoy.

SAR I

If you're talking about JD being that "football guy", then we agree.

GASE on the other hand...

And for the record, i was only joking about bringing in Rex. He's the last guy i'd bring in.

But, when you think about, it'd be quite the "Jetsy" thing to do.

Especially Woody!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He's not getting fired.  He is running this multi-year rebuild.  It's a dirty, thankless job and he's doing well.

You begged the Johnson's to put a "football man" in charge.  And they have.  Enjoy.

SAR I

Let me look at what you are saying more closely. We are on a rebuild you say. What is different than the last 5 rebuilds this team has done over the last decade

If you tell me Adam Gase is going to turn this, please point to the past success in doing this without one of the best QB's on the NFL who Gase was a coffee boy for. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

This is the 8th true rebuild in a row

Not really.  We never, ever, went this deep.  And that 2015 Ryan Fitzpatrick mirage derailed us since 2016.

This is the real rebuild.  It's more like a dismantle.  It's more like an expansion team.  Without the benefit of an expansion draft.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

What purpose does firing Gase now serve? The only reason to fire a coach mid season is if you have a guy you want to hire and he won't talk about the job when it's occupied.

There's no fans in the stands so it's not a public perception thing and I don't think Gase has lost the locker room - they're just a really, really bad team.

You will see when season ticket renewals come up. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

why?

Douglas and Gase are tight. Things could change but I think they like working together.

The Johnsons’s think Gase is smart, and they don’t want to fire another coach. The upheaval and lack of stability from previous regime changes is embarrassing for them. 50/50 that Gase is back next season.

Unpopular opinion, I know. And not saying I agree at all but that’s my take on the situation right now. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Douglas and Gase are tight. Things could change but I think they like working together.

The Johnsons’s think Gase is smart, and they don’t want to fire another coach. The upheaval and lack of stability from previous regime changes is embarrassing for them. 50/50 that Gase is back next season.

Unpopular opinion, I know. And not saying I agree at all but that’s my take on the situation right now. 

I agree. You don't go from calling a guy an offensive genius to firing him in six weeks. Chris Johnson clearly has a high opinion of Gase.

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't know about "calming" anything, but someone like Rex or Herm who is a cheerleader for his players and can motivate players is what they need. I always liked that Rex brought in speakers and former Jets to give the team motivational talks the day before game day.

We don't need a rah-rah guy. I would settle for someone who actually engages with other coaches and players DURING the game.

Every single time they cut to Gase he is looking down at a play chart (even when the team is on D) or sitting on the bench flipping through pictures of the defensive formation.  Always alone. Always.

What other HC does this? How can you lead when you don't interact?

How can he know what is going on if he doesn't even watch the game?

The answers are not on your gd clipboard!

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

You mean we draft Lawrence and let Gase coach him. This is like buying a new Farrari and letting your 13 year old kid drive it for the first time. 

• Upvote 1

Who the hell is going to want to come in to coach now?  It would be a terribly difficult job that would make you look bad.  It’s pretty clear that we are rolling with Gase until the end of the year or close to it.  He is historically bad but I think there’s even a good chance he’s back again next year. 

7 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

We don't need a rah-rah guy. I would settle for someone who actually engages with other coaches and players DURING the game.

Every single time they cut to Gase he is looking down at a play chart (even when the team is on D) or sitting on the bench flipping through pictures of the defensive formation. 

What other HC does this?

I would love to know what he is scribbling with that marker

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Every single time they cut to Gase he is looking down at a play chart (even when the team is on D) or sitting on the bench flipping through pictures of the defensive formation.  Always alone. Always.

What other HC does this? How can you lead when you don't interact?

That infuriates me. You have to pay attention to the game. It is impossible to perform the duties of a HC if you don't. And the fact that he spends so much time tinkering with his play sheet during the game AND it never improves the results on the field is incontrovertible proof that he should not be a HC, or even an OC.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You mean we draft Lawrence and let Gase coach him. This is like buying a new Farrari and letting your 13 year old kid drive it for the first time. 

I think it’s more buying a Ferrari And letting the 13 year old drive it after the 13 year old wrecked the first one.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That infuriates me. You have to pay attention to the game. It is impossible to perform the duties of a HC if you don't. And the fact that he spends so much time tinkering with his play sheet during the game AND it never improves the results on the field is incontrovertible proof that he should not be a HC, or even an OC.

Funny because Tom Landry said he never watched the game. He was always thinking of what the next 3 plays were going to be. And would just call a play by down and distance

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Let me look at what you are saying more closely.

I think that's a worthwhile exercise.

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We are on a rebuild you say. What is different than the last 5 rebuilds this team has done over the last decade

The last 5 were kinda sorta rebuilds, it was really just talk.  They really were just either a new GM ('13, '15, '19), new HC ('15, '19), or new QB ('13, '15, '17, '18).  There really wasn't a sit-down dismantling with an actual plan to build one team with one type of character under a single culture driven by a football man with a single vision.  That's clearly happening now.

27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If you tell me Adam Gase is going to turn this, please point to the past success in doing this without one of the best QB's on the NFL who Gase was a coffee boy for. 

There is no evidence that Gase is capable of leading a franchise through a self-directed rebuild.  I am merely reporting that he's your oft-requested "football man" who's executing it.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you look at the evidence, it all points to this.

Gase hired.
Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.

If you look at Gase sideways, you are out.  He's Don Corleone.  He's got his wartime Consigliere in Elhai.  He's got his Neri in Douglas.  He's got his Fredo in Williams; watch for the fishing trip this week or next.

SAR I

Ugh, I hate to ever agree with you but I think you're right.  Gase is pulling the strings here.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Nah. There's a reason HCs very rarely get fired mid-season. You just hate looking at the guy on the sidelines and hearing his PCs - clearly the owner hasn't gotten to that point.

Unless things become so toxic in the locker room they have to get rid of Gase, I think he makes it through the year.

You don't think things are toxic now in the locker room? Released Bell, a popular player, traded your team captain and only respected player in McLendon, Head coach and DC are fighting through the media, team is beyond abysmal on the field setting all the wrong records for ineptitude, and the fan base is ready to walk, at least this fan of 51 yrs.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase hired.
Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.

If you look at Gase sideways, you are out.  He's Don Corleone.  He's got his wartime Consigliere in Elhai.  He's got his Neri in Douglas.  He's got his Fredo in Williams; watch for the fishing trip this week or next.

SAR I

The Dime — #RaisingBenjamin

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase hired.
Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.

SAR I

That's pretty funny and accurate. Did the same in Miami

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not really.  We never, ever, went this deep.  And that 2015 Ryan Fitzpatrick mirage derailed us since 2016.

This is the real rebuild.  It's more like a dismantle.  It's more like an expansion team.  Without the benefit of an expansion draft.

SAR I

In other words the Jets haven't been this bad in long time, and Gase has plenty to blame for that.

The Jets have been rebuilding forever, this year we are doing it "right", not because that's something the Jets should get credit for, but because we have inevitably become so bad that we won't win those lame duck games at the end of the year to knock us out of contention for the #1 overall pick.

If Lawrence is the pick and Gase is the HC still, that will be the final nail in this franchises coffin.