If getting shut out by Miami wasn't enough...

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You don't throw out good money after bad. No matter what you do that PSL money isn't coming back

The Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008.  In fact, they have lowered ticket prices.  In a brand new stadium my seats have been cheaper than comparable seats in Giants Stadium.

When you take into account what PSL owners expected to pay in the form of ticket increases, our PSL's cost us nothing, they were free.  Turns out, all the PSL's were was a mechanism to get rid of all the old timers with their bag lunches and their ill-fitting Zubas.  I am eternally grateful.  Woody Johnson is the Abraham Lincoln of the waitlist.

There won't be any season ticket invoices sent in April 2021.  It's going to be back-to-back years where season ticket holders aren't being asked to spend a dime to retain their seating locations.  The perfect opportunity for a deep rebuild with an unpopular head coach.  The perfect storm for your 'football man'.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Funny because Tom Landry said he never watched the game. He was always thinking of what the next 3 plays were going to be. And would just call a play by down and distance

If he wasn't watching the game how did he know the down and distance. And he wore no headset and carried no play sheet. He would have the players run the play in on each play if he didn't have the time to talk to his QB between plays. I think that was just Landry embellishing to make a point. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

And Miami did not play that great.  they did not convert a 3rd down till late in the game and gave up two ints.

Also keeping Gase to try to tank on purpose is stupid  The coach is doing SERIOUS damage to the rest of the team.

Keeping Gase now is akin to keeping mac around fro his one last disaster off season.  They  should make the move right now.

I'm not sure it's the same, Mac absolutely should have been fired before he was allowed to spend all those resources. Gase on the other hand is solidifying the resources we need to land a good HC.

Aside from Becton and Mims, I don't think there are any players that should be considered long term pieces.

I'd rather lock up #1 and waste 10 games of development than sneak a win or two in and pick #2 or #3 to figure out we have a good rotational player.

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Dupe said:

Who the hell is going to want to come in to coach now?  It would be a terribly difficult job that would make you look bad.  It’s pretty clear that we are rolling with Gase until the end of the year or close to it.  He is historically bad but I think there’s even a good chance he’s back again next year. 

This.

It's going to take 2-4 years for the Jets to become an attractive destination for top NFL coaching talent.  So we stick with Gase, see what he can do with a good OC and a developing roster and perhaps he grows into a great head coach for the future Jets.  If not, fine, he was the perfect guy with the right disposition for all the firings, releases, trades, bad press, etc. 

Todd Bowles would have been a smoldering pile of spontaneous human combustion in this situation; Adam Gase looks like he is enjoying it.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Gase will be kept until the end of the year because the organization wants to go 0-16 and it will look bad to future candidates we fired him so quick even though the roster has no talent. Someone will want the Jet job knowing they get Lawrence and have a ton of picks and $. Gase is a disaster but I thank him for getting Macc removed and helping get the #1 pick because he cant coach

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think that's a worthwhile exercise.

The last 5 were kinda sorta rebuilds, it was really just talk.  They really were just either a new GM ('13, '15, '19), new HC ('15, '19), or new QB ('13, '15, '17, '18).  There really wasn't a sit-down dismantling with an actual plan to build one team with one type of character under a single culture driven by a football man with a single vision.  That's clearly happening now.

There is no evidence that Gase is capable of leading a franchise through a self-directed rebuild.  I am merely reporting that he's your oft-requested "football man" who's executing it.

SAR I

I wish Gase was the one being executed. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

In other words the Jets haven't been this bad in long time, and Gase has plenty to blame for that.

The Jets have been rebuilding forever, this year we are doing it "right", not because that's something the Jets should get credit for, but because we have inevitably become so bad that we won't win those lame duck games at the end of the year to knock us out of contention for the #1 overall pick.

If Lawrence is the pick and Gase is the HC still, that will be the final nail in this franchises coffin.

Instead of slowly taking the pain over the course of several seasons we are ripping the BandAid right off in one shot.

That's a good plan and one I support.  We've seen these half-assed pretend rebuilds where a GM talks a big way in his first year but by the second, screw it, he needs to get some wins or get fired here, so he spends like a drunken sailor on expensive old free agents.  That's not sustainable.  That's what's put us in this position to begin with.  So let's go deep.  Let's clear it all out.  Let's rebuild the right way.

And the reason this is possible is because we're in an environment where the Jets have no financial obligation to their season ticket holders.  It's going to be back-to-back years where we can keep our seats for 2022 and not pay a nickel for 2020 or 2021.  So it's the perfect time to grab that BandAid and rip it off.  It's painful.  It hurts bad.  But at least it's not costing me $10,000.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have a bridge and some swamp land in Florida PM me if interested. 

I can always sell the bridge and get my money out of it. Buying a PSL is like buying a time share. It's just a bad investment in general. If you could sell it, that would be another story but it's a fee you pay just like the ones you pay to sublet a condo. You are paying for the right to spend more money. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008.  In fact, they have lowered ticket prices.  In a brand new stadium my seats have been cheaper than comparable seats in Giants Stadium.

When you take into account what PSL owners expected to pay in the form of ticket increases, our PSL's cost us nothing, they were free.  Turns out, all the PSL's were was a mechanism to get rid of all the old timers with their bag lunches and their ill-fitting Zubas.  I am eternally grateful.  Woody Johnson is the Abraham Lincoln of the waitlist.

There won't be any season ticket invoices sent in April 2021.  It's going to be back-to-back years where season ticket holders aren't being asked to spend a dime to retain their seating locations.  The perfect opportunity for a deep rebuild with an unpopular head coach.  The perfect storm for your 'football man'.

SAR I

I just want to say one thing about this thing with a better class of people being a Met Life. I but tickets most of the time in the club section. I buy in different locations and different sections all the time except endzone seats. Thos thing you are saying about a better class of people sitting in PSL sections is not true. Last game the guy next to me threw up right next to my daughter, another game there was a guy cursing non stop at Bowles right behind me. Security actually threatened to remove him. And let's not forget the fact that about half the fans are from the other team. 

And of course tickets cost less. They can't even sell out what they own. If you don't care where you sit, there are always cheap seats. I paid $20 for club seats on Bowles last season

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you look at the evidence, it all points to this.

Gase hired.
Maccagnan fired.
Douglas hired.
Glat fired.
Elhai hired.
Osemele complains.
Osemele released.
Jamal complains.
Jamal traded.
Bell complains.
Bell released.
Mehta hit pieces.
Mehta revoked.
Lucas mouths off.
Lucas fired.

If you look at Gase sideways, you are out.  He's Don Corleone.  He's got his wartime Consigliere in Elhai.  He's got his Neri in Douglas.  He's got his Fredo in Williams; watch for the fishing trip this week or next.

SAR I

FWIW, I love this.... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase owns a 30-40 record as an NFL head coach and 31 of those 40 losses gave come by double digits. He’s 7-15 as the Jets head coach with eight of those losses coming by double digits and five of them by 20 or more points.

Brilliant offensive mind.....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase owns a 30-40 record as an NFL head coach and 31 of those 40 losses gave come by double digits. He’s 7-15 as the Jets head coach with eight of those losses coming by double digits and five of them by 20 or more points.

Amazing how you have all that data at your finger-tips 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like they’d have made the move already if Gregg Williams didn’t also suck, but now they’re in a position where they’d have to fire Gase AND Loggains AND Greggg and it’s hard to operate a coaching staff with, now, three or more vacancies in it mid-season. The guys you’d elevate now—Cooter, Frank Bush, Shawn Jefferson, etc—have no experience  as head coaches and they’d be walking into a sh*t situation and down three coaches.

This is kind of what I think it is too.

Williams is a psychopath and Loggains is a waterboy so there aren't a lot of options to delegate too. This isn't just a bad HC, it's a bad staff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The perfect guy to take us to the 0-16 promise land. Thank you coach !!

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gase gets whacked on the finale of this season.  I feel like you are several episodes behind so sorry for the spoiler alert.

If you have inside scoop I defer to your knowledge.

If not, I see this as a perfect storm and lucky timing where we've got an unpopular coach to do the dirty work and a two year period where season ticket holders aren't on the hook for a dime.  We can complain, but there's little risk to the Jets of a fan revolt.  In 2022 we come out of this shiny and new, young players we've drafted, franchise quarterback, maybe Gase maybe not.  But I don't see us firing him when there aren't going to be fans in MetLife next year whose feelings Christopher needs to account for.

SAR I

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like they’d have made the move already if Gregg Williams didn’t also suck, but now they’re in a position where they’d have to fire Gase AND Loggains AND Greggg and it’s hard to operate a coaching staff with, now, three or more vacancies in it mid-season. The guys you’d elevate now—Cooter, Frank Bush, Shawn Jefferson, etc—have no experience  as head coaches and they’d be walking into a sh*t situation and down three coaches.

This + the Johnson’s reputation as “reactionary” is exactly it.  

CJ and Douglas know the season is over and no interim is salvaging anything.  Just ride out the misery and fire him on Black Monday.  I know it’s hard for us as fans to fathom, but agents and coaching candidates do not take kindly to mid-season firings, no matter how bad the predecessor was.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you have inside scoop I defer to your knowledge.

If not, I see this as a perfect storm and lucky timing where we've got an unpopular coach to do the dirty work and a two year period where season ticket holders aren't on the hook for a dime.  We can complain, but there's little risk to the Jets of a fan revolt.  In 2022 we come out of this shiny and new, young players we've drafted, franchise quarterback, maybe Gase maybe not.  But I don't see us firing him when there aren't going to be fans in MetLife next year whose feelings Christopher needs to account for.

SAR I

No, I definitely don't have an inside scoop. All I have is a television lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I just want to say one thing about this thing with a better class of people being a Met Life. I but tickets most of the time in the club section. I buy in different locations and different sections all the time except endzone seats. Thos thing you are saying about a better class of people sitting in PSL sections is not true. Last game the guy next to me threw up right next to my daughter, another game there was a guy cursing non stop at Bowles right behind me. Security actually threatened to remove him. And let's not forget the fact that about half the fans are from the other team. 

And of course tickets cost less. They can't even sell out what they own. If you don't care where you sit, there are always cheap seats. I paid $20 for club seats on Bowles last season

You tell him/her @More Cowbell 

Good luck discussing all that with them. 

joewilly12

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't know about "calming" anything, but someone like Rex or Herm who is a cheerleader for his players and can motivate players is what they need. I always liked that Rex brought in speakers and former Jets to give the team motivational talks the day before game day.

I am tired of the whole staring at the clipboard routine.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.

It's going to take 2-4 years for the Jets to become an attractive destination for top NFL coaching talent.  So we stick with Gase, see what he can do with a good OC and a developing roster and perhaps he grows into a great head coach for the future Jets.  If not, fine, he was the perfect guy with the right disposition for all the firings, releases, trades, bad press, etc. 

Todd Bowles would have been a smoldering pile of spontaneous human combustion in this situation; Adam Gase looks like he is enjoying it.

SAR I

I"m guessing you haven't watched his post game presser

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What gets Gase fired? What degree of humiliation has to happen before we cut bait. 

Who wants this job as an interim coach?

And why do you want that now?  Say some giu comes in, and the team wins 3 games.  Wtf does 3-13 get?   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You can't tell me you aren't pissed off at what has happened. I think we will win 3 games with Gase anyway. 

I'm taking a year off.  Its been great, I recommend it.

Macc was a generational bad GM.  The owners are clueless, I actually like Joe, but there is a heaping big mess to clean up.

I do feel bad for Sam.  I think he will go somewhere else and be very good.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

I think that's a worthwhile exercise.

The last 5 were kinda sorta rebuilds, it was really just talk.  They really were just either a new GM ('13, '15, '19), new HC ('15, '19), or new QB ('13, '15, '17, '18).  There really wasn't a sit-down dismantling with an actual plan to build one team with one type of character under a single culture driven by a football man with a single vision.  That's clearly happening now.

There is no evidence that Gase is capable of leading a franchise through a self-directed rebuild.  I am merely reporting that he's your oft-requested "football man" who's executing it.

SAR I

Gase is not a football man , and he has NO vision for this team  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

All very fair.  The only thing I’d say is if there is a guy in that room that MAY have something offensively no matter age experience give him a crack at designing and calling the plays for the rest of the year what could it hurt?

Now I have no idea if there is a guy in that room with a clue.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with your sound logic here, but this is the Jets we're talking about. Part of the problem as I see it is that the Jets always burn a couple of acres but never do a full slash and burn. Torch it all and maybe some jackass will rise from the ashes. The real point I'm trying to make is that it won't happen, not even in the offseason, unless Joe Douglas convinces the Johnsons to stop meddling like those meddling kids in 'Scooby Doo'. Daphne and Velma be ripping off masks and sh it all day long and keep going, "Mr. Johnson!"

: /

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Pretty damning indictment of his head coaching “skills.”

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You will see when season ticket renewals come up. 

Not with a TLawrence on the horizon.

Firing a football HC mid season accomplishes pretty much nothing

He'll last the season, we'll have to suffer through it