If getting shut out by Miami wasn't enough...

Eat up, the only way Gase gets fired before Black Monday is the National media go after Chris Johnson hard. Humiliate him he’s a weak man, and will fold.

Douglas is ensuring the Tank, no way they let them get a meaningless win(s). If I’m Darnold I’d say my shoulder isn’t healed and sit.

The next month is going to take this franchise to new lows, that’s never been seen before. The collateral damage done to this Franchise May be of a “Munson” level, and will never be lived down.

SAR1 takes are so laughable it’s not trolling any more, it’s comedy. Gase is done in the NFL, he’s not getting a job as a water boy, let alone an offensive assistant.

My worry is Trevor Lawrence flat out refuses to sign for the Jets, after what they have done to Darnold. Why would he, this story will be huge all off season.

The Jets need to fire Gase and get Cooter to just continue the tank. The pressure is only going to build. The pricks got to go.

Its a mercy killing at this point.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.

It's going to take 2-4 years for the Jets to become an attractive destination for top NFL coaching talent.  So we stick with Gase, see what he can do with a good OC and a developing roster and perhaps he grows into a great head coach for the future Jets.  If not, fine, he was the perfect guy with the right disposition for all the firings, releases, trades, bad press, etc

Todd Bowles would have been a smoldering pile of spontaneous human combustion in this situation; Adam Gase looks like he is enjoying it.

SAR I

And what disposition would that be?  Insane?

579593369_AdamGaseLookingAround.gif.199c1f60dab9d238a976e72fcda5adf4.gif

18 hours ago, y2k8 said:

We don't need a rah-rah guy. I would settle for someone who actually engages with other coaches and players DURING the game.

Every single time they cut to Gase he is looking down at a play chart (even when the team is on D) or sitting on the bench flipping through pictures of the defensive formation.  Always alone. Always.

What other HC does this? How can you lead when you don't interact?

How can he know what is going on if he doesn't even watch the game?

The answers are not on your gd clipboard!

This!

It's astonishing how isolated our HC is on the sidelines.  He VERY RARELY interacts with coaches or players.  He might be such a nutjob that others don't really want to interact with him.  My hunch is that Dowell Loggains is the one guy who he has some sort of weird closeness to (not that they talk during the game either), and that's why he keeps him around.

As bad as some of our other HCs have been over the years, Gase somehow managed to take it to the next level.  He just buries himself in his playsheet for 3 hours.  I've never seen anything like it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Did you think we would beat Dallas last season?

Thats not even a close analogy.

We were a 7-9 team, Dallas a 8-8 team.  We weren't a winless type team.  Wheres the Dallas on our schedule?  Miami?  Cleveland?  We've played teams that are like Cleveland (AZ) and were beaten.  We played Miami and were humiliated.  

Thats the issue, we're not a competitive team.  

6 hours ago, shevys said:

Pretty damning indictment of his head coaching “skills.”

Here's another. Jets are the first team to be shut out this season.

Last time a team was shut out ...?

New York Jets, 2019 vs NE (33-0). Head Coach - Adam Gase.

Genius? or Geni-ass?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats not even a close analogy.

We were a 7-9 team, Dallas a 8-8 team.  We weren't a winless type team.  Wheres the Dallas on our schedule?  Miami?  Cleveland?  We've played teams that are like Cleveland (AZ) and were beaten.  We played Miami and were humiliated.  

Thats the issue, we're not a competitive team.  

I don't think NE is a sure loss. They are not as bad as we are but who knows. I expected them to be better than this. Also I think when Darnold returns, he will play a lot better. 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't think NE is a sure loss. They are not as bad as we are but who knows. I expected them to be better than this. Also I think when Darnold returns, he will play a lot better. 

Oh I do.  Cam played poorly first time back.  Covid sucks the life out of you, I could see that.  Once hes playing like he did pre Covid, I dont see us having a shot,  

We've gotten destroyed in just about every game, all but the Broncos game were double digit losses.  And that was 9 point loss.  We're horrible and not competitive.  

And Im the ultimate optimist ?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh I do.  Cam played poorly first time back.  Covid sucks the life out of you, I could see that.  Once hes playing like he did pre Covid, I dont see us having a shot,  

We've gotten destroyed in just about every game, all but the Broncos game were double digit losses.  And that was 9 point loss.  We're horrible and not competitive.  

And Im the ultimate optimist ?

Cam was a bad QB before he got to NE. He has been bad for years. I don't think anyone magically becomes a good player by putting on a uniform. If you are looking purely at stats, you probably think he is good but he gets a lot of stats in garbage time. NE is going to suck this year and it will be because they traded on old broken QB for another.

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Cam was a bad QB before he got to NE. He has been bad for years. I don't think anyone magically becomes a good player by putting on a uniform. If you are looking purely at stats, you probably think he is good but he gets a lot of stats in garbage time. NE is going to suck this year and it will be because they traded on old broken QB for another.

Dude, have you been watching?  I thought and said everything you just said but hes been playing better than I thought.  Who are we to think we can stop anyone?  Who have we stopped?  We couldn't stop a 3rd string bum on Denver.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What purpose does retaining Gase now serve?

None, but the question is valid and why most teams dont fire HCs mid season.  Youre not going to or be able to change schemes.  Youre going to run the same offense to what end?  I could see it more if we were close to competing and need to be marginally better to get over the hump.  Thats not the case here

And most importantly, do we actually want to win or do we want the highest possible draft pick at this point?  Seasons over

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And what disposition would that be?  Insane?

Well, yes.  Think about it.  The Jets job is the worst in the entire league.  A teardown rebuild, in the biggest media fishbowl, as the second-banana team, featuring an arrogant and entitled fanbase.  It's a suicide mission.

SAR I

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Legit LOL'd.

It's funny but this is the paradox of the Jets fan.

Right side of mouth:  "We need a football man here to take charge.  We need to rebuild this thing.  Maccagnan and Idzik killed us.  We have the worst roster in the league.  We need to dump salary and trade assets.  Our owner needs to do this the right way.  We need a GM and a HC on the same page, working together, to get this thing turned around."

Left side of mouth:  "We got rid of good players?  We are 0-4?  What????  Tears!  Anger!  Rage!  I'm throwing things!  Fire the coach!  Fly planes!  Protest!  It's been a whole month, where are my wins?  Get some free agents in here!  I have waited 10 years for the playoffs.  I am entitled to a winner.  I want to win NOW! NOW! NOW!"

You can't have it both ways.  "The right way" means seasons of pain and anguish before seeing signs of hope that leads to a decade of competitive football and a single Super Bowl.  "The wrong way" is the 2011 Jets or the 2020 Browns, some sexy free agents, a few highlights, a middling record, and a decade of mediocrity.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not with a TLawrence on the horizon.

Firing a football HC mid season accomplishes pretty much nothing

He'll last the season, we'll have to suffer through it

You're right about that. And we'll have familiar predictions of 10+ wins in August and shouting down those who predict another tough year

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Eat up, the only way Gase gets fired before Black Monday is the National media go after Chris Johnson hard. Humiliate him he’s a weak man, and will fold.

Absolutely correct. Call him weak and he will displaying his weakness by caving.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

First game against NE is a sure loss. If they have nothing to play for week 17 and a loss could knock the Jets out of the top pick, Belichick very well could try to hand the game to us. Which we will accept with open arms because we're the dumbest team in sport.

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Well, yes.  Think about it.  The Jets job is the worst in the entire league.  A teardown rebuild, in the biggest media fishbowl, as the second-banana team, featuring an arrogant and entitled fanbase.  It's a suicide mission.

SAR I

Arrogant and entitled. lol. Arrogant about what? Being a league joke? Having a hideous stadium? Having the stupidest owner(s) (2 for the price of 1!) in sport? 

And entitled... really? Entitled to tell jokes at the expense of the team, maybe...

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Right side of mouth:  "We need a football man here to take charge.  We need to rebuild this thing.  Maccagnan and Idzik killed us.  We have the worst roster in the league.  We need to dump salary and trade assets.  Our owner needs to do this the right way.  We need a GM and a HC on the same page, working together, to get this thing turned around."

Left side of mouth:  "We got rid of good players?  We are 0-4?  What????  Tears!  Anger!  Rage!  I'm throwing things!  Fire the coach!  Fly planes!  Protest!  Get some free agents in here!  I have waited 10 years for the playoffs.  I am entitled to a winner.  I want to win NOW! NOW! NOW!"

You can't have it both ways.  "The right way" means seasons of pain and anguish before seeing signs of hope that leads to a decade of competitive football and a single Super Bowl.  "The wrong way" is the 2011 Jets or the 2020 Browns, some sexy free agents, a few highlights, a middling record, and a decade of mediocrity.

SAR I

Jets have done nothing right for 10 years. Not unreasonable for them to screw up a rebuild premised on a tank job aimed at a single college player while more and more media voices encourage him to dodge the Jets... I mean, what can go wrong?

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Arrogant and entitled. lol. Arrogant about what? Being a league joke? Having a hideous stadium? Having the stupidest owner(s) (2 for the price of 1!) in sport? 

And entitled... really? Entitled to tell jokes at the expense of the team, maybe...

If you don't like the word 'entitled' I'll be happy to consider others.

But I think that's what fits a fanbase that demands wins and the coach's head 4 weeks into a self-imposed rebuild.  Then weeps every time a pricey player is shown the door and turns into a pile of smoldering ash every time some media hack cracks a joke.

It doesn't matter how long you've waited for the playoffs.  It's 2020 and you're the worst team in the NFL.  The road back to .500 is going to take years.  "Waaaaa, Le'Veon, sniff-sniff, Bell......ooooh, nooooo!" it's just got to stop.  We are tearing the house down to the foundation; this isn't the time to cry about the drapes.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you don't like the word 'entitled' I'll be happy to consider others.

But I think that's what fits a fanbase that demands wins and the coach's head 4 weeks into a self-imposed rebuild.  Then weeps every time a pricey player is shown the door and turns into a pile of smoldering ash every time some media hack cracks a joke.

It doesn't matter how long you've waited for the playoffs.  It's 2020 and you're the worst team in the NFL.  The road back to .500 is going to take years.  "Waaaaa, Le'Veon, sniff-sniff, Bell......ooooh, nooooo!" it's just got to stop.  We are tearing the house down to the foundation; this isn't the time to cry about the drapes.

SAR I

Complaining about fans complaining seems a lot more arrogant and entitled, to me.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Complaining about fans complaining seems a lot more arrogant and entitled, to me.

Fans complaining matters.  Because the Johnson's have always cared too much about what they think.  These bad decisions like ousting Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer so we could retain Ryan.  That series of fan-friendly choices that led to this mess we're in.

Sometimes, the fans get it right.  Sometimes, they don't.  This is one of those times.  No, not because Gase is a great coach, but because you cannot demand wins and instant gratification when we are this far in the deep end on a rebuild.  Now is the time for patience and quiet.  Instead, you're impatient and loud.  Let the Football Man do his job.  Stop being part of the problem.  Be part of the solution.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Fans complaining matters.  Because the Johnson's have always cared too much about what they think.  These bad decisions like ousting Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer so we could retain Ryan.  That series of fan-friendly choices that led to this mess we're in.

Sometimes, the fans get it right.  Sometimes, they don't.  This is one of those times.  No, not because Gase is a great coach, but because you cannot demand wins and instant gratification when we are this far in the deep end on a rebuild.  Now is the time for patience and quiet.  Instead, you're impatient and loud.  Let the Football Man do his job.  Stop being part of the problem.  Be part of the solution.

SAR I

If it were up to you, Kotite would've coached until 2000.

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Left side of mouth:  "We got rid of good players?  We are 0-4?  What????  Tears!  Anger!  Rage!  I'm throwing things!  Fire the coach!  Fly planes!  Protest!  It's been a whole month, where are my wins?  Get some free agents in here!  I have waited 10 years for the playoffs.  I am entitled to a winner.  I want to win NOW! NOW! NOW!"

SAR I

And what side of your mouth were you talking out of when you said Chris Johnson and Adam Gase were directing Macc when choosing free agents like Le'veon Bell and CJ Mosley?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude, have you been watching?  I thought and said everything you just said but hes been playing better than I thought.  Who are we to think we can stop anyone?  Who have we stopped?  We couldn't stop a 3rd string bum on Denver.

I agree but we also scored the most points we ever did in Denver and NE is having problem scoring. Look, it can go either way and with the mess we are in, it isn't likely but going 0-16 or even 1- 15 is rare. Only a small group has done it. I just think odds are we win some games. This isn't trying to be positive, this is just what the odds are.  

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree but we also scored the most points we ever did in Denver and NE is having problem scoring. Look, it can go either way and with the mess we are in, it isn't likely but going 0-16 or even 1- 15 is rare. Only a small group has done it. I just think odds are we win some games. This isn't trying to be positive, this is just what the odds are.  

Jets are the worst team by point differential in NFL history through six weeks

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You predicted us to win the division both last year and this year.  But now you're saying that we're "this far in the deep end on a rebuild"?

Even if I grant you "injuries" as the reason, none of our injured players are out long-term.  So are you saying that CJ Mosley and Jamal Adams are the difference between winning our division vs going 0-16?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

it isn't likely but going 0-16 or even 1- 15 is rare. Only a small group has done it. I just think odds are we win some games. This isn't trying to be positive, this is just what the odds are.  

I agree.  Its hard to go winless, its the NFL and on any given Sunday......

But we talking 3 wins for the Jets when I asked who we could beat.  Thats different

22 hours ago, Beerfish said:

And Miami did not play that great.  they did not convert a 3rd down till late in the game and gave up two ints.

Also keeping Gase to try to tank on purpose is stupid  The coach is doing SERIOUS damage to the rest of the team.

Keeping Gase now is akin to keeping mac around fro his one last disaster off season.  They  should make the move right now.

this game was ALL on the offense.  

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase owns a 30-40 record as an NFL head coach and 31 of those 40 losses gave come by double digits. He’s 7-15 as the Jets head coach with eight of those losses coming by double digits and five of them by 20 or more points.

his offenses are getting worse and worse.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree.  Its hard to go winless, its the NFL and on any given Sunday......

But we talking 3 wins for the Jets when I asked who we could beat.  Thats different

Agreed as well.  I wonder what the over under on wins is for us this year at this point.  Odds are we get at least 1 win but, with our schedule, it's hard to see much more than that.  I'd guess 1.5 is our Under/Over.

• Upvote 1