If getting shut out by Miami wasn't enough...

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree.  Its hard to go winless, its the NFL and on any given Sunday......

But we talking 3 wins for the Jets when I asked who we could beat.  Thats different

Jets first string is 0-1 against their second string.

image.thumb.png.2029f46d9304ded0a38088b08eefa1df.png

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That infuriates me. You have to pay attention to the game. It is impossible to perform the duties of a HC if you don't. And the fact that he spends so much time tinkering with his play sheet during the game AND it never improves the results on the field is incontrovertible proof that he should not be a HC, or even an OC.

has he always done this even at miami?  i don't recall any coach doing this.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, not because Gase is a great coach, but because you cannot demand wins and instant gratification when we are this far in the deep end on a rebuild.  Now is the time for patience and quiet. 

I thought we were winning the division?  Thought all was in place to start 5-0.  So doesnt that, by definition mean the HC, the CS screwed up?  Do not whine about injuries, not this year, every team is overrun with injuries this year.  Plus we're not just losing, we're getting humiliated by everyone, even bottom feeders like Denver and Miami

I watch Jax, Chargers, Panthers, Bengals & Giants all compete.  Even Minny & Atlanta compete.  The Jets roll over and die.  It comes from the HC and his staff.  Theyre an embarrassment because they should at least compete, put up a fight and play close in games agains some teams.  They dont and thats sorry and an indictment of Gase

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, batman10023 said:

his offenses are getting worse and worse.  

He's only been shut out twice in 22 games.  

Last year we scored 16 or fewer points 10 times (in 16 games).

This year we've scored 16 or fewer points 4 times (in 6 games).

So 14 times in 22 games since Gase has been HC of the NYJ

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What gets Gase fired? What degree of humiliation has to happen before we cut bait. 

I honestly think they are riding his ineptitude to the first pick at this point. He goes at the end of the year if anyone in the organization has two neurons to rub together.

Also a strong possibility we are the dumbest organization in all of sports and keep Gase going into next year... because.... ya know... why not?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

But I think that's what fits a fanbase that demands wins and the coach's head 4 weeks into a self-imposed rebuild.  Then weeps every time a pricey player is shown the door and turns into a pile of smoldering ash every time some media hack cracks a joke.

Every fanbase should demand wins.  Why shouldnt we?  

The HCs head is being called for because it should be.  Just as we did with Kotite really early on.  You know when its not working, being nice, and its not working.  Even he knows its over, watch his pressers, hes done.

Happens 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

you can walk away - the PSL were what over a decade ago.  the vast majority are paid up.  and for the few that have 2-3 years left on them - no way the jets are going to go after the money.

So if you paid $25k per seat for PSL's = $100k you are walking away. 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I thought we were winning the division?  Thought all was in place to start 5-0.  So doesnt that, by definition mean the HC, the CS screwed up?  Do not whine about injuries, not this year, every team is overrun with injuries this year.  Plus we're not just losing, we're getting humiliated by everyone, even bottom feeders like Denver and Miami

The 5-0 post was in July.  Before Adams left, before Mosley opted-out, before every WR got injured, before the entire draft class was in the hospital, before Darnold forgot everything he learned in the 6-2 finish.

We can't compete because we have no quarterback, are extremely injured, lost our best players, and find their replacements in the hospital.

I watch Jax, Chargers, Panthers, Bengals & Giants all compete.  Even Minny & Atlanta compete.  The Jets roll over and die.  It comes from the HC and his staff.  Theyre an embarrassment because they should at least compete, put up a fight and play close in games agains some teams.  They dont and thats sorry and an indictment of Gase

The Jets defense doesn't compete.  The Jets defense rolls over and dies.  The Jets defense can't tackle, can't avoid pass interference, seem to enjoy late hits and personal fouls, they're the most undisciplined squad in the entire league.

The Jets offense is unproductive, but they are trying hard.  Missing linemen, no starting caliber RB, all our WR's hurt, and a starting QB who spent 4 months with Jordan Palmer, showed up a mess, and got injured again.

If someone deserves to get fired it's Gregg Williams.

SAR I

Every fanbase should demand wins.  Why shouldnt we?  

The HCs head is being called for because it should be.  Just as we did with Kotite early on.  You know when its not working, being nice, and its not working.  Even he knows its over, watch his pressers, hes done.

In their last 14 games, the Jets are 6-8.  

In their last 13 games, the Patriots are 6-7.

And they had Tom Brady, Cam Newton, and Bill Belichick.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The 5-0 post was in July.  Before Adams left, before Mosley opted-out, before every WR got injured, before the entire draft class was in the hospital, before Darnold forgot everything he learned in the 6-2 finish.

We can't compete because we have no quarterback, are extremely injured, lost our best players, and find their replacements in the hospital.

The Jets defense doesn't compete.  The Jets defense rolls over and dies.  The Jets defense can't tackle, can't avoid pass interference, seem to enjoy late hits and personal fouls, they're the most undisciplined squad in the entire league.

The Jets offense is unproductive, but they are trying hard.  Missing linemen, no starting caliber RB, all our WR's hurt, and a starting QB who spent 4 months with Jordan Palmer, showed up a mess, and got injured again.

If someone deserves to get fired it's Gregg Williams.

SAR I

The Jets are the team, the entire team, you said would go 5-0.  

The constant failures of the offense puts stress on the defense.  Williams was right when he said it, everyone agrees the offense is the issue.  Williams just shouldnt have opened his mouth.

Put a real HC/OC who can call plays that eat some clock for the D, move the ball to flip the field and score more than 10 points or whatever pathetic number we're down to, the defensive numbers would be better.

All meaningless and pointless, Gase will get fired either near the end of the season or on Black Monday.  Hes done here, you may not want or believe it, but even Gase knows it

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In their last 14 games, the Jets are 6-8.  

In their last 13 games, the Patriots are 6-7.

And they had Tom Brady, Cam Newton, and Bill Belichick.

SAR I

I could care less

Only a fool would want argue that the aJets have been better over those 14 games.  Lets be fair and use the same 14 games.  The Pats are 8-6 to the Jets 6-8.  So theres that.

Sorry, it doesnt work.  

On 10/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, SAR I said:

He's not getting fired.  He is running this multi-year rebuild.  It's a dirty, thankless job and he's doing well.

You begged the Johnson's to put a "football man" in charge.  And they have.  Enjoy.

SAR I

Such a football man that he can't win 1 measly game.

• Upvote 1