Gase: We're On Step 2

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

the whole step 2 thing sounds a little strange but i think he means that the execution is still very bad.  if the team doesn't execute it doesn't matter what plays are called.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Who is in charge of getting the team to execute?  Just wondering.

Exactly. 

This is year 2 of his system. He has had input in the talent that was brought in here (we all know he brought in guys like Gore). And he has been in charge of teaching these players to execute. 

If they can't execute properly, maybe that's Gase's biggest problem. You can design great plays but if you suck at coaching players then it doesn't matter what plays you run. 

In the end, Gase's offenses have sucked for years now across two teams and mutliple GMs/QBs. I don't care if you want blame the system, the execution or the in-game playcalling. All signs point to Gase as the constant in this craptastic equation. 

I honestly can't fathom a universe where Andy Reid would be involved in a bottom 5 offense for like 4 straight years.