4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

What if you have a 4K tv - is it not that way if you just use the tv?

If you are hooked up by an antenna maybe. If you have cable or satellite, they have to be broadcasting in 4K and you would need a 4K box too.

• Upvote 2

Strong chance McCarthy gets fired before Gase does this year. McCarthy Hive stand up

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

What if you have a 4K tv - is it not that way if you just use the tv?

No. There is precious little 4K sports content. What we are all watching is HD (1080, 720) on 4K panels (capable of 2160).  Looks great, but 4K is that much better. 

If you have a 4K TV with built in YouTube that provides native 4K playback, check out this video clip of a FOX 4K HDR broadcast for a taste of what it looks like:

Again, search for this video on the YouTube app on your TV (through Apple TV, Roku, Fire, Android) and you’ll see what your TV is capable of.  It won’t look so special on your phone or computer. 

Right now the only NFL games in 4K are 10 Thursday Night Football contests. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Josh Allen looks like sh*t again so Hymie Elhai MD keeping Darnold on the bench this week for draft position 

As if Mike McCarthy was the answer.  
Have Joe and Evan (and several fans here) acknowledged that they were wrong?

No sign of life for the moribund Cowboys 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Strong chance McCarthy gets fired before Gase does this year. McCarthy Hive stand up

I will stand, sir. He ain’t looking good but it’s still a long way down from that to Gasebysmal.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Greg555 said:

Who should be called out are the Johnsons who applied so many restrictions to the job that they lost Rhule (and McCarthy opted out too, BTW) leaving Gase as the last/only man standing.

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Could you imagine having zeke, cooper, Gallup and Lamb and putting up 3 points? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who should be called out are the Johnsons who applied so many restrictions to the job that they lost Rhule (and McCarthy opted out too, BTW) leaving Gase as the last/only man standing.

Mccarthy only opted out when he realized no one wanted to hire him. 

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Who? 

It rhymes with RobR.

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Mccarthy only opted out when he realized no one wanted to hire him. 

I read it was due to jets wanting to dictate staff, same as Rhule

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd still take McCarthy over Gase, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  

The offense would be dated  but at least it would be coherent, and Darnold wouldn't look like an epileptic blind man from Victorian England who was magically transported into a Football game every time he dropped back in the pocket. 

Maybe. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I read it was due to jets wanting to dictate staff, same as Rhule

I'm pretty sure the smear campaign spooked the Jets off McCarthy. Macc was forcing Gregg Williams on Rhule, which totally screwed us and so we got Gase.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The offense would be dated  but at least it would be coherent, and Darnold wouldn't look like an epileptic blind man from Victorian England who was magically transported into a Football game every time he dropped back in the pocket. 

Maybe. 

That visual is fantastic thank you 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I'm pretty sure the smear campaign spooked the Jets off McCarthy. Macc was forcing Gregg Williams on Rhule, which totally screwed us and so we got Gase.

Read different but I’m sure there’s lots of articles saying lots of things I’ll admit I didn’t read every article I could find after the coaching search I just zoned out on the Jets for awhile lol 

15 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Oh, I was wrong. Not ashamed of that. The early returns on McCarthy look awful. Not much better than Gase.

Just now, jgb said:

Read different but I’m sure there’s lots of articles saying lots of things I’ll admit I didn’t read every article I could find after the coaching search I just zoned out on the Jets for awhile lol 

Macc may have been forcing GW on McCarthy and he may have said that's why he balked, but I really think the hit pieces that came out, sent the Jets in another direction.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Oh, I was wrong. Not ashamed of that. The early returns on McCarthy look awful. Not much better than Gase.

102119_jetspats.thumb.jpg.6ba74a58190243572e8a2a47df480c5e.jpg

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He has the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NFL (1st in yards) going into this game... how the heck is that not much better than Gase?

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Maybe. 

Yeah I mean until Dak went down Cowboys were 3rd in points scored and 1st in yards in the league... their record is because their defense is 32nd in points allowed. Yeah, I know HC is “responsible for the whole team” but McCarthy was hired because of his offensive experience. If anything it seems he picked the wrong DC. But to do a victory lap and say Gase was better than or even on the same planet as McCarthy is insane.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

He has the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NFL (1st in yards) going into this game... how the heck is that not much better than Gase?

Oh, lol, really? I had no idea.

Well, he'd probably have us out of contention for T-Law, so in that context Adam Gase is waaaaaaaay better.

I'm convinced the Bills are like the 4th-5th best team in the AFC after seeing them play these last two weeks, pure frauds with that defense

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

But to do a victory lap and say Gase was better than or even close to the same level of McCarthy is insane.

@T0mShane you been called out.

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

I will stand, sir. He ain’t looking good but it’s still a long way down from that to Gasebysmal.

17 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Maybe. 

You’re monstrously boned in either case.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Andy Dalton looks like a guy who would be useful in a bar fight.

Gingers

• Haha 1

Buffalo is going to be like the Bills of the 90. Good team that will never win it all.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dallas:

points scored NFL rank 3

yards gained NFL rank 1

Ya that McCarthy what a dunce lol 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Right now, me and my Cat Luke are eating Popeyes chicken on the couch. He finds your takes tiresome, but I keep explaining that it just takes time to "get" you.

But yes, we are still Coached by Gase, and McCarthy looks like he contracted Fischer Syndrome, so either way, we are ALL quite boned.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Buffalo is going to be like the Bills of the 90. Good team that will never win it all.

That would be cool.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

Dallas:

points scored NFL rank 3

yards gained NFL tank 1

Ya McCarthy what a dunce lol 

Cowboys were first in yards and sixth in points last year. You still have Mike Maccagnan at GM to go along with the awful coach in your scenario. Win: Jets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Right now, me and my Cat Luke are eating Popeyes chicken on the couch. He finds your takes tiresome, but I keep explaining that it just takes time to "get" you.

But yes, we are still Coached by Gase, and McCarthy looks like he contracted Fischer Syndrome, so either way, we are ALL quite boned.  

Cats find everything tiresome.

• Haha 1