The ingrates on Boston radio have given up on Bill Belichick, who has the nerve to field a flawed team for the first time in 20 years

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

Called this years ago that the Pats would take their first losing season in 20 years worse than we have ever taken a losing season. They are the poster children for the participation trophy generation: arrogance is really just confidence that is skin deep.

They have 2 W's vs the Jets nearly guarenteed, I can't see them being below .500 but would love to see it

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Icer said:

Cant wait to see them suck again like they did before Parcells and Belichick went there

Especially since all of their bandwagon fans between 10-30 have no concept of what it's like to root for a ho hum sports franchise. They have been living a dream for two decades and reality is slowly (but surely) setting in

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

None of them were actually fans before 2001. None of them. All bandwagon phonies who probably think Steve Grogan is an Irish Comedian...

I mention Victor Kiam sometimes.  Pats fans look at me like a dog being shown a card trick.  Like "Who?"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I actually feel for them.  When I was a young teenager the Jets, Mets and Knicks all won Championships and fielded exciting, competitive teams with lots of very high end players.  I thought it would go on like that for decades.  They'll be fine once the reality sinks in.  Give it 20 to 30 years.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They did even when tommy boy was qb. Remember when they started 2-3 or 3-2 a few seasons back?  They were all about trading tommy or lamenting the garapollo trade or whatever. As I recall the patsies did just fine that year.  It’s too early to count them out. Buffalo isn’t quite the juggernaut they started out as and the doltfins are going to come back down once they start playing tougher teams.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

They did even when tommy boy was qb. Remember when they started 2-3 or 3-2 a few seasons back?  They were all about trading tommy or lamenting the garapollo trade or whatever. As I recall the patsies did just fine that year.  It’s too early to count them out. Buffalo isn’t quite the juggernaut they started out as and the doltfins are going to come back down once they start playing tougher teams.

Agreed, except I think they rebound in a big way next week.

• Haha 1

I mean seriously this surprises you? 

Boston media and fans are the worst and what did anyone expect out of the Pats with Cam? After all this time you expected Cam to be able to play like a solid QB? Cam accumulated all his stats in garbage time. I know because I had him on my FFT. For 3 qrts he did nothing and then late in the 4th, 200 yards and 2 TDs. It was pretty obvious this was not going to be a good team. 

7 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Most disgusting fan base in the NFL.....petulant spoiled children

I hope they have to endure a Jets like abyss for half a century when BB hangs it up 

Unfortunately they never will. They’ll simply stop caring.

I’m probably more tuned in to that fan base than most, having completed my undergrad in Masshole territory, marrying the best person I know who unfortunately comes from that territory, and having many many masshole friends and family.

The amount of people who have simply stopped caring about the nfl altogether or that have simply switched to the Bucs since week 1 is jaw-dropping, even for someone like me who has been calling this type of bailout for years. I know entire FF leagues made up by massholes which have simply dissolved because they all basically gave up on the NFL after brady left them.

I said this in a few threads during week 1, but when I was visiting my in-laws in September, I was absolutely disgusted at how many stores were selling Bucc gear and how many sports bars were advertising Bucs games. I wanted them all to feel the pain of a regular team, but these ******* massholes will never.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Give him an ownership piece, GM and HC job.  Whatever he wants.  

Joking aside, If you throw in with Belicheck, you write off Trevor Lawrence lol.

No way would Bill sit on the #1 overall pick. He would trade back for a bounty and roll with Darnold. 

I would almost bet my salary in Vegas on that. 

• Upvote 1