Jump to content

Recently Used Devices (Under Account Settings)


Recommended Posts

I keep disabling it and it keeps re-enabling itself. I'm sure this has something to do with ad tracking and analytics, but it's a little creepy . . . ? I had to 'SIGN OUT' of at least 60 past sessions, yet they are still visible only no longer 'SIGNED IN' after repeatedly going through a long list to 'SIGN OUT' of all of them. I have Chrome as my browser, which I will be changing out for good in the near future, but WTF. I hate the whole "this is to make your experience easier" explanation/excuse slinging by Google as a general bandage, but it's still a little rapey. 

So what's the transparent answer on this? Thanks. 

-jeto

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I keep disabling it and it keeps re-enabling itself. I'm sure this has something to do with ad tracking and analytics, but it's a little creepy . . . ? I had to 'SIGN OUT' of at least 60 past sessions, yet they are still visible only no longer 'SIGNED IN' after repeatedly going through a long list to 'SIGN OUT' of all of them. I have Chrome as my browser, which I will be changing out for good in the near future, but WTF. I hate the whole "this is to make your experience easier" explanation/excuse slinging by Google as a general bandage, but it's still a little rapey. 

So what's the transparent answer on this? Thanks. 

-jeto

 

Not sure, it is a feature in the software.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...

Hi, it's still doing it. Any further info? I'm thinking it has to do with electing to stay signed in when you log in, but it's tracking you every single time you do so. Ewww. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetophile said:

Hi, it's still doing it. Any further info? I'm thinking it has to do with electing to stay signed in when you log in, but it's tracking you every single time you do so. Ewww. 

 

The software records it, I have no option for disabling it. This is for security purposes, hacking attempts and users that are up to no good.

It isn't tracked for guests, so my suggestion would be just log out and read the board that way.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 4/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, Maxman said:

The software records it, I have no option for disabling it. This is for security purposes, hacking attempts and users that are up to no good.

It isn't tracked for guests, so my suggestion would be just log out and read the board that way.  Thanks.

Just so you know, I wasn't being contentious on any level. It was a very serious question.

Without going into unnecessary detail, I was the victim of was serious hack, something you probably wouldn't even see in a horror movie. It took almost 4 years to return to relative normalcy. It really was a police matter. In any regard, it changes you forever  

I don't know much about to speak about IT, but what I did learn was to question everything. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 6:57 AM, jetophile said:

Just so you know, I wasn't being contentious on any level. It was a very serious question.

Without going into unnecessary detail, I was the victim of was serious hack, something you probably wouldn't even see in a horror movie. It took almost 4 years to return to relative normalcy. It really was a police matter. In any regard, it changes you forever  

I don't know much about to speak about IT, but what I did learn was to question everything. 

I definitely understand, sorry you went through that. That is definitely a terrible experience. I hope whoever was responsible was caught.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, Maxman said:

I definitely understand, sorry you went through that. That is definitely a terrible experience. I hope whoever was responsible was caught.

I didn't pursue it. I'm not a celebrity and nobody would've cared. I've been told several times in the aftermath that that's not true; but just imagine the stress that as your life was being raped beyond recognition that walking into a police station would get you laughed out of the building.

It wasn't anything personal, which in some ways made it worse. It's why I pirate everything shamelessly and fearlessly in faceless revenge. Pirating had nothing to do with it, but I am truly conscienseless about that. Show up at my door and arrest me, haha.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...