Small solace in 2019 coaching options

Scott Dierking

2 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

CJ a millionaire asked a 22 year old rookie kid to facetime with a guy for 10 minutes. You think Sam was gonna say nah he sucks ? He could have made Sam facetime with Rich Kotite and Sam would have been like "erhm... yeah I like him"

Sam was already signed. Jets need to approach Trevor like a college program with full-speed recruitment or he gonna be like

Danny Devito No GIF

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The general view was that Gase was an ok hire at the time, Rhule needed to defer to management because coming from Baylor he did not have enough coaching connections (Brady would not have coached the Jets last year) and McCarthy was a burned out has been that would have been good for Darnold. 

We suspected Gases’ issues but did not think they were that bad.  They are worse on the Jets. 

The issue to me is not so much that Gase was a bad hire.  It is that he is not the right guy for the Jets in 2021 and needs to go before that.  I actually don’t think he is the right guy for anybody at this point.  He will need to reprove himself on a better team. 

Nope hated the Gase hire as soon as it flashed across my TV screen...some of us knew it would be an utter disaster...maybe not to this extent but I knew it wouldn't work 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The big test for Rhule comes when they inevitably have to transition away from Bridgewater to a QB they can win a chip with. That’s when things get rocky for any head coach. 

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much."

You're not wrong, but if he can succeed with Teddy Bridgewater, I'm confident he can succeed with a young franchise QB, too.  And to be clear, I'm not down on Bridgewater; I like him more than most.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much."

You're not wrong, but if he can succeed with Teddy Bridgewater, I'm confident he can succeed with a young franchise QB, too.  And I like Bridgewater more than most.

Yeah, he could well stick with Bridgewater and see how far they get, especially with CMC coming back. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, he could well stick with Bridgewater and see how far they get, especially with CMC coming back. 

For sure.  He's a very good bridge QB you can roll with for multiple seasons (if needed) until you're in position to draft a QB you like.  

I'm not sure who I would compare Bridgewater to.  Maybe Alex Smith?  I kind of like Bridgewater more than Smith though.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Belichick is also a p***y for going to smaller market Boston over this great opportunity he had in NY...

For a brief moment you dropped your schtick Sunday in the gamethread and acted like a human. Back to the unfunny, stale, and pathetic schtick.

Was it him being scared of coaching in NY, being uncomfortable stepping into Tuna's shoes, or Woody  just being a dick?

Rhule will likely be in the running for coach of the year. The only consolation in not getting Rhule is that it could have meant mac might still be GM. One way to look at it is we needed Gase to get rid of Mac and get JD. Now Gase will likely get us the number one pick and the team can truly rebuild from scratch. Gase was the necessary evil to reboot the franchise. Now we need JD to get us a real coach and draft well.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Just going to throw it out there that Adam Gase in Dallas running that old Broncos offense with Dak and Elliott is probably, at least 4-2 right now.

If the Cowboys were ranked 1st (rather than a measly 3rd) in points scored, they'd still be -48 in point differential, their defense is that bad. So unless Gase also brought that Denver defense with him--that he had even less to do with than "coaching" Peyton Manning--he'd be 2-4, just like McCarthy.

28 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Rhule will likely be in the running for coach of the year. The only consolation in not getting Rhule is that it could have meant mac might still be GM. One way to look at it is we needed Gase to get rid of Mac and get JD. Now Gase will likely get us the number one pick and the team can truly rebuild from scratch. Gase was the necessary evil to reboot the franchise. Now we need JD to get us a real coach and draft well.

Interesting way to look at it. Hope you are right.

But there were so many red flags as already noted with Gase that the Johnsons deserve what they got.  What's not been mentioned yet is Chris Foerster, the Phins OLC cavorting with hookers and tapes of him in Davie snorting coke.. right under Gase's nose, so to speak.

He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it: George Santayana

2 minutes ago, Lex777 said:

But there were so many red flags as already noted with Gase that the Johnsons deserve what they got.  What's not been mentioned yet is Chris Foerster, the Phins OLC cavorting with hookers and tapes of him in Davie snorting coke.. right under Gase's nose, so to speak.

He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it: George Santayana

The Gase hire failed the best test to ensure one is being objective about the Jets. Always ask yourself: "If the Dolphins did this very thing, would it worry me and make me laugh my ass off?"

Well, we knew exactly what the Dolphins would do with Adam Gase. Fire his azz.