The Lucky Ones

TMAC

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Except my soon-to-be-new team also sucks balls.

I am now a Fan of the hypothetical future 2022, post-Dan Snyder, newly named, Washington Warthogs.

And since they're close to as horrible as we are, it's not bandwagoning, it's a "where I live the last 35 years" vs. "where I lived till I was 11" decision, lol.

Note:  All future team loyalty decisions are preliminary and will be based on certain hopes and dreams coming true that almost assuredly won't, and I'll still be stuck with these horrible dumpster fire Jets.

I’m sorry, I was referring to the OP. I can totally get down with the Washington Warriors though.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TMAC said:

Had dinner in Manhattan with my younger brother last night.  He was telling me about a bar where Ravens fan hang out.  His son-in-law is a Ravens fan and, after 51 years of rooting for the Jets, he's "changed jerseys."  This year was the breaking point and he has no regrets.  In this day and age, with RedZone and NFL package, with the internet and access to news from anywhere at anytime, rooting for a team in a "foreign" city is so much easier.  You're just not locked in like you were in the past.  You can follow your team and its players as if they were playing locally.  Even go to home or away games in person if you like.  Unfortunately, even though I would like to be able to root for a team that actually has a chance to play in the post season and, wonder of wonders, play in the Super Bowl, I'm just not able to shed the Green and White.  They were the first sports team that I loved and when they actually played well so long ago, it was a beautiful thing.  So I am stuck with this fraud misrepresenting itself as a professional football team once again.  I wish my brother and all the other lucky ones good luck.  I really hate what Woody and Chris Johnson have done.

I've been watching football for 50+ years.  People have rooted for teams that play in other cities as long as I've been following the Jets.  Steeler fans, Cowboy fans. 49'r fans, Raider fans, Colts, Rams, Eagles, all in Brooklyn.  Its nothing new.  

We cant switch allegiances, once a fan, always a fan.  Hope the Johnsons can get us back to the playoffs on a fairly decent schedule and then to take it up a notch.  Bills went from the 90's to a couple back without a trip to the playoffs.  Still need a win, havent had once in this century.  Look at the fins.  Lions.