It’s Tua time in Miami

Rhg1084

54 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Fitz had his whole family at the game last week...he knew that it would be his last game, and he wanted his family to see him play QB for the fins for the last time.

Given Tua's track record w injuries, I would not assume this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Dolphins in 2nd place, one game out of 1st, largely due to Fitz's play and for his trouble they make the switch now?  Why not wait a couple of weeks to see if they remain in contention? 

I get the inevitabiltiy of it all and actually agree with WF that it was probably preordained that the switch would happen after their bye but this in an odd season, let it play out

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Dolphins, only 1 game from first in the division, changing QBs. That’s a HC with job security thinking long term. Good move.

Those dopes are about as inept as us.  Another idiot owner and management team.  Guaranteed Flores got the orders to start Tua from up top.  Gonna be fun watching the annual Miami cluster fuk.

• Haha 1

Apparantly this has always been the plan. Fitz and Tua have been splitting reps with the starters in practice, and Miami wanted to start him after the bye.

I talked to a friend of mine who's a LOLphins fan, and he told me that. He's also very happy, because he's seen every Miami game, and in his words, "Fitz has been holding the offense back. He's too turnover prone, and has been a 1 read QB that locks on to his receivers. His arm is completely shot, no zip on his passes whatsoever. Devante Parker is being wasted, as is Mike Gesicki. Might as well see what Tua can do"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

Apparantly this has always been the plan. Fitz and Tua have been splitting reps with the starters in practice, and Miami wanted to start him after the bye.

I talked to a friend of mine who's a LOLphins fan, and he told me that. He's also very happy, because he's seen every Miami game, and in his words, "Fitz has been holding the offense back. He's too turnover prone, and has been a 1 read QB that locks on to his receivers. His arm is completely shot, no zip on his passes whatsoever. Devante Parker is being wasted, as is Mike Gesicki. Might as well see what Tua can do"

lol, this due will be in for a rude surprise when a rookie takes over.  Fitz makes errors but he also makes plays.

6 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Fitz is shot...he has a chad noodle arm now. It's Tua time and he has 2 weeks to prepare. He may turn out a bust, but the fins need to see what he has these last 10 games.

Of course being 3-3 on a rebuilding team you'd keep playing fitz? 

I would play fitz until they are out of the playoff hunt then let the rookie get reps

The fins are not in a playoff hunt! They stripped the roster and traded some of their best players last year. The owner made it clear this was a tear down and rebuild.

It's more important to get Tua playing time this year and for the fins to evaluate him...He could have a glass hip or just not be the over hyped QB of the last couple years. Several games we'll know.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

The fins are not in a playoff hunt! They stripped the roster and traded some of their best players last year. The owner made it clear this was a tear down and rebuild.

It's more important to get Tua playing time this year and for the fins to evaluate him...He could have a glass hip or just not be the over hyped QB of the last couple years. Several games we'll know.

7 teams make the playoffs. They are definitely in the “hunt” right now at 3-3

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

At 3-3, they are. 

If the Jets were 3-3 right now, half of the threads on here would be about the division chase and the other half would be about wildcard scenarios. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

At 3-3, they are. 

If the Jets were 3-3 right now, half of the threads on here would be about the division chase and the other half would be about wildcard scenarios. 

Again...every fin fan knows this is a building year. Different story next year and the fins still have 4 picks in next years draft in the first 2 rounds.

Tua had to wait until the OL proved it was playing well...remember it's all new just like the jets, with rookies starting.

Everyone thought the fins were tanking last year for Tua and would be 0-16...You think after last year they are good enough to be talked about for a playoff hunt...lol

Just now, Ben Had said:

Again...every fin fan knows this is a building year. Different story next year and the fins still have 4 picks in next years draft in the first 2 rounds.

Tua had to wait until the OL proved it was playing well...remember it's all new just like the jets, with rookies starting.

Everyone thought the fins were tanking last year for Tua and would be 0-16...You think after last year they are good enough to be talked about for a playoff hunt...lol

Reality and fan expectations are two different things. 

I guarantee a sizeable portion of the Fins fanbase is quietly dreaming about the wildcard or even the division. 

They are currently 1 game behind Buffalo and 1 game ahead of NE. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Fitz did not play well vs. Jets. But naming Tua the starter without letting his feet get wet seems odd. I guess they feel he’s ready but it would have benefited him to start the 2nd half vs the Jets last week. Fitz is probably scratching his beard right now. 

Tua did seem poised and confident in the brief time he was in. Kudos to Miami for showing actual confidence in him as opposed to our modus operandi of “he’s not ready” and fielding last-leg veterans when we’re 0-6. Fitz is waiting in the wings if needed. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Dolphins, only 1 game from first in the division, changing QBs. That’s a HC with job security thinking long term. Good move.

Not sure if it's sarcasm BUT making the playoffs with Fitz?  For what? Why?  Fukk him. That's what we tried and where did it get us?

You must play your young QB...  going 10-6 means dick with Fitz.   Play TUA is the right move.  We had Fitz and McCown for 4 years while real teams developed a QB. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Not sure if it's sarcasm BUT making the playoffs with Fitz?  For what? Why?  Fukk him. That's what we tried and where did it get us?

You must play your young QB...  going 10-6 means dick with Fitz.   Play TUA is the right move.  We had Fitz and McCown for 4 years while real teams developed a QB. 

No, I really meant it was a good move. No one is winning a championship with Fitz.

• Upvote 1