Mike McCarthy on the hot seat already?

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Dalton's an interesting case... he's middling  the article lays out how IN HIS CASE...  it seems proportional to the talent around him...

only half watched lastnight as me and the wife we kinda in the middle of some relational noise...

Do have to give him a week or two with first team reps to see how he does.

• Upvote 1

this might be interesting to some...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

one person who was then close to Rodgers remembers he would regularly call to vent that McCarthy didn't have a clue what he was doing. He'd tell him that McCarthy frequently called the wrong play. That he used the wrong personnel. That they were running plays that worked one out of 50 times in practice. That McCarthy was a buffoon he was constantly bailing out.

"Mike has a low football IQ, and that used to always bother Aaron," this source says. "He'd say Mike has one of the lowest IQs, if not the lowest IQ, of any coach he's ever had."

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

Jason Garrett doesn't look so bad now....

garrett didn't do that good and he was parcell's hare apparent.  now mccarthy isn't doing well.  could it be that there are lots of knuckleheads in the player ranks?  mccarthy probably would've been better going to a team like the jets instead of inheriting another coaches problem children.

21 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Can't disagree there -- makes him better than Gase who would surely have done things his way.

That said I don't think it's really time for a victory lap saying we should have hired this guy.

Rhule is clearly the one who got away.

Remember when Dan Quinn was the one who got away.  If anyone is the one who got away its Joe Brady.

55 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Remember when Dan Quinn was the one who got away. 

No.

55 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If anyone is the one who got away its Joe Brady.

I dunno about that. I like Brady but the guy is a 31 year old who was a graduate assistant 4 years ago. I don't know if you can turn the reigns over to a guy like that just yet and he wasn't a candidate when we hired Gase.

By contrast while Rhule made a great hire in Brady I suspect he makes a good hire no matter what. He's a smart guy who knows football.