Patriot Killa

Former WR Roddy White to Lawrence: “Stay at Clemson if the Jets get the first pick

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Is Roddy White going to pay him 25 million to make up for that year?

Or the 50 mil if he tears his ACL or breaks his leg?  Or the ten or so mil he will miss out on if he has a crappy year and drops to the middle of the first?  F Roddy White.  Are the Jags really that much better an organization?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

I will never forget when Joe said something critical of Geno--not even negative mind you--and this place erupted against him.

Sometimes being right has to be its own reward.

JoeWillie is a QB. He’s one of the best ever. But he’s a realist as well. Geno Smith was a clown. Period.

• Post of the Week 1

Yeah because Sanchez Geno n Hackensh*t have had stellar careers elsewhere. Jets have been sh*t at drafting good QBs. If you’re a QB and Jets select you, you’re sh*t and not the other way around. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, do you think that everyone from places other than NY wants to be in NY? 

No but I know that in the business of football you would rather be in NY then Cleveland or Jax. Yeah that’s how that works....you are welcome.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Yeah because Sanchez Geno n Hackensh*t have had stellar careers elsewhere. Jets have been sh*t at drafting good QBs. If you’re a QB and Jets select you, you’re sh*t and not the other way around. 

This is a very philosophical post about predestination. 

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

No but I know that in the business of football you would rather be in NY then Cleveland or Jax. Yeah that’s how that works....you are welcome.

There's a little lady in Trevor's life and I'm sure when she's sitting at Bible study and hearing a sermon about "thou shalt not commit adultery" she's mentally scratching NYC and LV off her list...

Plus as many of us married or former married folks know... "I want to be close to my moooommmm" is a very powerful and irresistible screech.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

You need to get out and meet more people.

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You need to get out and meet more people.

You must live in Florida...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

There's a little lady in Trevor's life and I'm sure when she's sitting at Bible study and hearing a sermon about "thou shalt not commit adultery" she's mentally scratching NYC and LV off her list...

Plus as many of us married or former married folks know... "I want to be close to my moooommmm" is a very powerful and irresistible screech.

Not when it comes to millions of dollars. It’s not like he has a choice to play for another team if the Jets pick first.

• Upvote 1

Just now, k-met57 said:

Not when it comes to millions of dollars. It’s not like he has a choice to play for another team if the Jets pick first.

I'm betting the Jets blink first if he demands a trade or refuses to sign. Can you imagine the fallout if JD calls his bluff and he holds out and we get squat with the #1 pick? JD can't afford that risk. Lawrence (or his folks) will know that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Struggling? The one I see struggling is you accepting the fact that he will be taken #1 by the NY Jets. 

Donate the Sam Darnold jersey to Goodwill un dye your red hair and move on. 

I used my excess jets reward cash last year end of the season to buy a Darnold Jersey.  Haven’t worn it once. 

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I used my excess jets reward cash last year end of the season to buy a Darnold Jersey.  Haven’t worn it once. 

Your car will appreciate the shine from it though

• Haha 3

I honestly think if Trevor does actually pull an Eli Manning/John Elway, I don’t think I could feasibly watch football anymore.  That would be it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm betting the Jets blink first if he demands a trade or refuses to sign. Can you imagine the fallout if JD calls his bluff and he holds out and we get squat with the #1 pick? JD can't afford that risk. Lawrence (or his folks) will know that.

He can’t hold out, you guys are such drama queens. The fines add up very quick and he doesn’t come from money. His leverage is going back to school....but that makes no sense for many reasons.

the 2 examples of Eli and Elway are both horrible for their own reasons.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

He can’t hold out, you guys are such drama queens. The fines add up very quick and he doesn’t come from money. His leverage is going back to school....but that makes no sense for many reasons.

the 2 examples of Eli and Elway are both horrible for their own reasons.

"IF" was the operative word in my post. Odds are still he signs but the chances he dodges are higher than you want to admit. Happy to make a 10,000:1 bet if you disagree. PM me. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

"IF" was the operative word in my post. Odds are still he signs but the chances he dodges are higher than you want to admit. Happy to make a 10,000:1 bet if you disagree. PM me. 

I don’t want him lol if we got the first pick I’d trade down and put some actual pro players around our existing franchise QB rather then ruin another one.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

I don’t want him lol if we got the first pick I’d trade down and put some actual pro players around our existing franchise QB rather then ruin another one.

So you're a Darnold bro then. Interesting.

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bring her mom to NY, buy her a penthouse on Park Ave and have Woody foot the bill. Do whatever it takes Woody you cheap azzhole. 

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

We’ll just get this guy to talk to them. 

• Haha 1

This is 1 of the reasons I think Joe Douglas has to really nail his head coaching selection. He has to get a guy that is going to have to be able to talk to players (whether its Trevor Lawrence or a potential FA) and have them buy into his vision of the team. I hate to admit it, but the cupboard of talent on this team is pretty bare right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Excellent mix of smugness, negativism and sexism in this post.  Bravo.

I embrace the middle with gusto. The bookends are inevitable products of my extensive experience, so I can't claim credit for them.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I embrace the middle with gusto. The bookends are inevitable products of my extensive experience, so I can't claim credit for them.

I tried to delete it but you are pretty quick.  No hard feelings.

Unfortunately, number 1 QBs usually have to bite the bullet and go to the team that drafts them.  They are being guaranteed money that could last them the rest of their lives.  They are usually not willing to chance staying in school, and don't have the guts or strength to refuse to play for certain teams.  

The trade off for that is that the NFL and their teams need to run a professional sports league and not allow themselves or their teams to become a chronic hazard to the health and well-being of their players.

The Jets have now crossed that line.  The solution is pretty easy.  The Jets need to get their acts together. fix their organization, and improve enough to make Lawrence refusing to play here a not credible proposition.   The NFL will put the word out that TL is being unreasonable.

But if the Jets continue like this, the NFL should tell the Jets to stand down and trade to the highest NFC bidder.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Ok Roddy. Who are you again.

Roddy White would be in the Jets Ring of Honor.  He was really good.

Media did the same thing with Baker to Cleveland and Burrow to Cincy. Just do a google search now, from big media like Colin Cowherd to local beat reporters always suggest “pulling an Eli.” Yearly tradition. 99% chance it won’t happen 

Obviously the team with the number 1 picks is going to suck but unfortunately the Jets suck as a franchise and have year after year and it’s getting worse. 

I wouldn’t play for the Jets either unless they hire someone to take over the team from the Johnsons or they sold it.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, adb280z said:

Roddy White would be in the Jets Ring of Honor.  He was really good.

White forgot to mention that Lawrence should avoid the Falcons as well.

sh*thole loser franchise. 

• Upvote 1