PSL Owners/Season Ticket Owners

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Well people need to grow a pair if we can't even discuss issues then. 

I was a season ticket holder for 20+ years I invested in the NY Jets. 

I hear you. Trying to get all these "OMG YOU SOJFS ARE SUCH LOSERS WITH THE IDEA LAWRENCE WILL DODGE US! 0% CHANCE!"

I offered a very generous 10,000:1 (should be infinity:1 at 0%) yet no takers. Hmmmm.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

How would you be reacting if you were in attendance for this mess. 

Would you attend and not care less. 

Would you wear a bag over your head. 

Discuss

*1996 1-15  I attended every home game and stayed until the end. 

I would still be there but this would be bad. So bad. Beyond bad. Well it is all those things. Would be worse being there.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I would still be there but this would be bad. So bad. Beyond bad. Well it is all those things. Would be worse being there.

The 1995 season I remember fans being absolutely sloshed.  A lot of no shows and some of the fans who attended were amateurs.  

The 1996 game vs the Oilers I remember a fan spilled a drink on Kotite or threw a drink I can’t remember.  

You are right things would be bad.  They play the Patriots at home on MNF in a few weeks.  That would have been terrible.  

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The 1995 season I remember fans being absolutely sloshed.  A lot of no shows and some of the fans who attended were amateurs.  

The 1996 game vs the Oilers I remember a fan spilled a drink on Kotite or threw a drink I can’t remember.  

You are right things would be bad.  They play the Patriots at home on MNF in a few weeks.  That would have been terrible.  

I think this year is he only one they can get away with the tank. If fans was in stadium this year I would have gotten very interesting!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Hating on PSL owners is cheap IMHO. Sports is entertainment. Choices on how to enjoy it can never be measured against "logic" or "investment return" otherwise every $15 spent on a movie would be considered burning your money. Let people enjoy what they enjoy as they want. We should thank PSL owners for financing a new stadium.

What stadium though? Our stadium is garbage. There’s nothing that’s good about our stadium especially if you look at the other stadiums in the league.  

The fact that our stadium is 10 years old and is a bottom 10 stadium in the league speaks volumes. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

55400657-850x560.jpeg

The decades of sticking with the Rangers through the dark times is what made their victory that much more satisfying. 

I was there. I saw the Cup skating on home ice.  It still feels just as good all these years later.  Those of you who leave the Jets now won’t feel it when we get our Super Bowl.  

SAR I

I've been investing in this team since 1978 . I QUIT !!!!

57 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I've been investing in this team since 1978 . I QUIT !!!!

Quitting when you finally got what you're asking for isn't the right move.  

Universally, we wanted our ownership to make a strong hire of a GM and a HC who get along and share the same vision, and put a singular Football Man in charge.

We have that now.  We scooped the league and hired the hottest young GM candidate.  We didn't want another rookie and didn't want another defensive coordinator so we got the best experienced offensive HC candidate.  No billionaire, no real estate developer, no lawyer, Adam Gase is our Football Man at the top and he and Douglas are using this unique no-fans season to get the dirty work of the rebuild done in one fell swoop, he's ripping the Band Aid right off.  While it makes this season incredibly awful, it gets us to the endgame of a rebuilt roster that much faster.  

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Universally, we wanted our ownership to make a strong hire of a GM and a HC who get along and share the same vision, and put a singular Football Man in charge.

We have that now.  We scooped the league and hired the hottest young GM candidate.  We didn't want another rookie and didn't want another defensive coordinator so we got the best experienced offensive HC candidate.  No billionaire, no real estate developer, no lawyer, Adam Gase is our Football Man at the top and he and Douglas are using this unique no-fans season to get the dirty work of the rebuild done in one fell swoop, he's ripping the Band Aid right off.  While it makes this season incredibly awful, it gets us to the endgame of a rebuilt roster that much faster.  

SAR I

Do you honestly believe Gase will be coaching this team week 1 next year?

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

There is no way in hell Adam Gase is coaching the NY Jets in 2021, that picture of him sitting by himself on the bench, head down, taking notes of how god awful this team plays was one of the saddest things I've ever seen as a Jet fan. We've got Bills, Chiefs, Pats coming up, 0-9. There might be fans in the stands in 2021, if we go 1-15, 2-14 & Gase is retained not 1 free agent will pick this team unless we give them a retirement contract. 

Gase is a goner, I'd put money on it!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Are you willing to make a bet on whether or not Gase is head coach week 1 next year? 

26 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yes.  And 2022 as well.

As head coach though-  no more playcalling.  He'll hire a legitimate offensive coordinator.  And a new defensive coordinator too.

Christopher Johnson brought in an experienced head coach who had, like Rhule, demands of his own.  Gase is in charge of all football matters in the building.  He fired his President, he fired his GM, he's cleared the locker room like a bulldozer.  Manish, Lucas, Beningo all gone.  Douglas and Elhai all in.  

Gase is your Football Man.  That's what has me optimistic about our future.  You may criticize Gase as an offensive coordinator, but you can't criticize him for his vicious moves in Florham Park.  He's gotten rid of every malcontent and old fat-cat collecting a paycheck, every position coach and coordinator returned to the team, there are no leaks to the press, he's trolling the media, he's using this no-fans season to supercharge the rebuild.  There's a new sheriff in town.  I love it.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  And 2022 as well.

As head coach though-  no more playcalling.  He'll hire a legitimate offensive coordinator.  And a new defensive coordinator too.

Christopher Johnson brought in an experienced head coach who had, like Rhule, demands of his own.  Gase is in charge of all football matters in the building.  He fired his President, he fired his GM, he's cleared the locker room like a bulldozer.  Manish, Lucas, Beningo all gone.  Douglas and Elhai all in.  

Gase is your Football Man.  That's what has me optimistic about our future.  You may criticize Gase as an offensive coordinator, but you can't criticize him for his vicious moves in Florham Park.  He's gotten rid of every malcontent and old fat-cat collecting a paycheck, every position coach and coordinator returned to the team, there are no leaks to the press, he's trolling the media, he's using this no-fans season to supercharge the rebuild.  There's a new sheriff in town.  I love it.

SAR I

Let’s bet. $1000 to your favorite charity 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This is supposed to be a thread about feeling bad for season ticket holders.  So just give me the $1000.

SAR I

No honestly let’s make a bet. If Gase is head coach week 1 next year I’ll donate $1000 to a charity of your choice. If he’s not, you donate $1000 to my charity 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

No honestly let’s make a bet. If Gase is head coach week 1 next year I’ll donate $1000 to a charity of your choice. If he’s not, you donate $1000 to my charity 

A reasonable bet.

Time to put up or shut up for Gase supporters.  Stop the bullcrap already.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I already sent them an email explaining they won’t see anymore of my money as long as Gase is the head coach. I’ll probably still renew it next year tho if he’s fired. Meanwhile if anyone is looking to get a PSL they’re dirt cheap on the secondary market right now 

did you send them an email during Bowles coaching tenor?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jgb said:

Hating on PSL owners is cheap IMHO. Sports is entertainment. Choices on how to enjoy it can never be measured against "logic" or "investment return" otherwise every $15 spent on a movie would be considered burning your money. Let people enjoy what they enjoy as they want. We should thank PSL owners for financing a new stadium.

Agree.  Problem is really just that the new stadium sucks.

Is this year really any different than any other since 2012...with the exception of 2015?  Maybe because the hopelessness began in week 2 instead of week 8?  

Im a ticket holder and it would be more of the same - selling off a few games to opposing fans who’ll actually pay to go, hitting a couple nice weather games, and donating the rest to charity. 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  And 2022 as well.

SORE I

SORE I...get thee to a nunnery!  

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

As someone who was a STH from Shea through Rex Ryan and then walked on thePSL, there's something way worse than anger; indifference. The Johnsons are flirting with that, and they do not seem to recognize it. 

The only way to become a stable, competitive, respected franchise like the Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots is to blow it all up and rebuild the right way.  It’s a lengthy process. And it just started. 

We asked for this.  It’s the right thing to do.  Let’s be patient and let them do their jobs.  Hang in there. 

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I seriously hope you wash your hands when you are done typing this stuff. Also, wear a mask. Can't have this stuff spreading to innocent people.

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I seriously hope you wash your hands when you are done typing this stuff. Also, wear a mask. Can't have this stuff spreading to innocent people.

We need to look at this in the context of who we are.  The Jets can only hire a certain caliber of front office executive or head coach.  Joe Douglas and Adam Gase were the best we could do.  And now?  Thinking of making a change?  We'd wind up with worse.

We're in this for the long haul with these two.  They are going to dig us out of this hole.  And when we are looking good, when others in the NFL say hmmm, the Jets have some players?  That's when, maybe, we can go get someone fantastic in here.  Until then, we have the best tandem we are entitled to and are going to support them.  Let's goooooo,

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  And 2022 as well.

SAR I

what legit oc would want gase as his boss