PSL Owners/Season Ticket Owners

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We need to look at this in the context of who we are.  The Jets can only hire a certain caliber of front office executive or head coach.  Joe Douglas and Adam Gase were the best we could do.  And now?  Thinking of making a change?  We'd wind up with worse.

We're in this for the long haul with these two.  They are going to dig us out of this hole.  And when we are looking good, when others in the NFL say hmmm, the Jets have some players?  That's when, maybe, we can go get someone fantastic in here.  Until then, we have the best tandem we are entitled to and are going to support them.  Let's goooooo,

SAR I

Gase wasn't the best. They could have hired Matt Rhule. There is no long haul with Gase. He is driving the Jets to the 1st pick then he gets kicked off the bus.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only good thing about Covid is I didn't have to waste my $$ attending games this year.  Yes I still would have went and I would have been miserable doing so. 

I can't help but think if we were in the stands raining boos down on the team, we'd have fired gase already. I personally like to think some of my booing contributed to bowles getting fired. 

Can woody tell me again how PSL’s are an investment? I think a new BMW is a more sound investment then the Jets

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Christopher Johnson brought in an experienced head coach who had, like Rhule, demands of his own. 

Do you really think Gase demanded Williams be his defensive coordinator?

I've heard otherwise that ownership wanted Williams ( but what do i know)

Plus, keep in mind that most Head coaches who go through the painful rebuilding process usually never get to see fruits of their labor. They get canned way before the team actually turns the corner. It's hard to argue that this is not what will happen to Gase especially if they keep getting slaughtered game in, game out.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gase wasn't the best. They could have hired Matt Rhule. There is no long haul with Gase. He is driving the Jets to the 1st pick then he gets kicked off the bus.

Rhule wanted the same thing Gase wanted.  Christopher Johnson felt more comfortable in giving that level of control to an experienced head coach rather than a rookie from a tiny school.  I can't say I blame him.

Would you turn over the day-to-day operations of JN-  content, advertising, moderation, all of it-  to a kid in college or choose someone with 10 years experience in social media platforms?  The Jets are a $3.5 billion dollar enterprise.  It's not like we're talking about a hot dog cart or a flea market table.  The Jets are a huge business.  Hiring a Football Man requires someone with experience.  No time for learning curves.

As for Gase's disposition, let's see what happens.  Unless some fantastic head coaching candidate becomes available, I don't see us moving off him until 2022 at the earliest. 

Would you, say, throw Gase/Douglas/Darnold away and bring in Jason Garrett, Thomas Dimitroff, and Trevor Lawrence?  I'd view that as an upgrade.  But don't give me some college coach, not interested.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Do you really think Gase demanded Williams be his defensive coordinator?

I've heard otherwise that ownership wanted Williams ( but what do i know)

Plus, keep in mind that most Head coaches who go through the painful rebuilding process usually never get to see fruits of their labor. They get canned way before the team actually turns the corner. It's hard to argue that this is not what will happen to Gase especially if they keep getting slaughtered game in, game out.

I don't think Gase demanded Williams, but I believe he was happy to have him.  He's a top NFL mind, that's been proven.  And Joe Vitt is Gase's father in law, he's a key component of the Williams staff.

As for Gase's disposition, absolutely, if we start building up the roster to a point where a talented ex-NFL head coach and GM wants to come here, by all means take advantage.  But we are not there.  Not at all.  I don't want to see us make a knee-jerk reaction to fan and media pressure and wind up with John Idzik II or Herm Edwards II.  Believe it or not, things can actually get worse than Gase.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Quitting when you finally got what you're asking for isn't the right move.  

Universally, we wanted our ownership to make a strong hire of a GM and a HC who get along and share the same vision, and put a singular Football Man in charge.

We have that now.  We scooped the league and hired the hottest young GM candidate.  We didn't want another rookie and didn't want another defensive coordinator so we got the best experienced offensive HC candidate.  No billionaire, no real estate developer, no lawyer, Adam Gase is our Football Man at the top and he and Douglas are using this unique no-fans season to get the dirty work of the rebuild done in one fell swoop, he's ripping the Band Aid right off.  While it makes this season incredibly awful, it gets us to the endgame of a rebuilt roster that much faster.  

SAR I

All we have is doo doo and caca