Time for positivity

jgb

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

The best sundays in my life have been in that parking lot at 10am eating like a pig and drinking like crazy with friends and family. Good laughs and great times even tho the Jets lost a majority of those games lol

8 am for me making memories that i will never forget and neither will my family and friends. 

• Upvote 1

So I'm a total cornball who reads about every assistant coach and his history. I don't watch college ball but I check all the highlight videos, and I used to read lindey's and that rag sheet that I got sent to my house by what's his name LOL.

So in 2015 when Mangold was photobombing Fitzmagic, I actually got my mom to enjoy the game of football and it was a great fun year. She had uterine cancer, stage 4 and there was no coming back from that.

My mom a divorced my dad 30 years earlier and to keep it simple I'll say that he was a gambler and that's why he watched football and she hated it. There were days she would come up and watch the game with us, meaning me and my kids, and days that she couldn't really get up.

There were days that I would go downstairs to check on her in her apartment and she'd be watching the game by herself. That 2015 season really means a lot to me.

It's bittersweet. When you are a true fan you live and die by this team. There were also a lot of Great Moments since I started watching in about 1994.

I think we all live vicariously through the underdogs-

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have been doing the same with my son for the last ten years.  We live in Chicago -- started in 2009, with the 3 hour drive down to Indy for the regular season game when the Colts pulled Peyton and we handed them their first loss in Week 16.  Went back again a couple of weeks later for the AFCCG.

Since then, we have done a weekend trip each year for the Jets.  We have even done a Super Bowl together (no Jets for that one) and the Rose Bowl (Dawgs - OU).  We usually try to combine Jets with another sporting event.  Last year it was Georgia-Florida in Jax on Saturday and then Jets-Phins in Miami on Sunday.  In 2015, we went to NLCS game on Sat night then Jets v Skins Sunday afternoon.  But those father-son weekends are special.  

We were going to have to skip the trip this year anyway, as my son became a father last week.  Travelling for sporting events was not in the cards for him this year.  I am really looking forward to my first Grandpa, Father, Son trip in a few years.

Congrats on becoming a grandfather.  Such exciting times.  We're talking about bringing my kids when they turn 6.  We'll see.  May still be a bit young.  But, so great that you guys do that too.  The year we went to Houston, we actually caught a Knicks/Rockets game that Saturday night.  We were sure, after the Knicks won, we'd be in for the weekend sweep.  We were wrong in spectacular fashion.

• Sympathy 1

Positivity not from the team, there have been flashes, the run with Rex. The 1998 season, mid 80’s Jets teams. 

It’s more the people who like me, spend their time and money on this God forsaken franchise. Why give up now, being a Jets fan is like life it’s got its ups and downs. In The Jets case mostly downs.

2020 is one of those years. Lost so many people this year. Started with a work colleague and friend of 30 years to pancreatic cancer.

The wife’s best friends son passed at 10 years old, and because restrictions we could not go to the funeral. Friends wife with stomach cancer. Plus Corvid, all the bars are closed here, and you can’t do overnight stays, so vacations are out.

The Jets are like life, sometimes it kicks you in the balls, Just get up and carry on.

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Yup.  Every year is essentially the identical trip in a different city.  Friday night go to a local top restaurant.  Saturday walk around town, tourist stuff - usually local BBQ for lunch, steakhouse dinner.  Sunday the Jets lose the game (3-7 lifetime) and home.  Every year we take the exact same photo in front of the stadium.  They're all printed, framed, and on his bedroom wall.

We'll be back at it.  Hopefully next year, but who knows at this point.  Honestly, I think schedule release day is the only thing I look forward to as a fan at this point.  It comes out, and we start comparing calendars, talking weekends.

With this team though, we have floated the idea of changing to the Rangers.

C95898C9-36EC-45F0-8125-5A25052F71E9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I'm incredibly positive for the future of this team for one reason & one reason only, JOE F*CKING DOUGLAS! 

Sure the guys 1st draft is having some health issues but Becton is gonna be a beast, Mims has just had sh*t luck (wasn't an injury guy in college), and we have 10 more games to find a few more keepers heading into next year. 

Joe Douglas is the 1st football guy this organization has had leading it EVER. It's always been accountants & idiots. Thank god our idiot owners gave him a 6 year contract because what's happening here in 2020 is proof that Chris Johnsons decisions to keep Bowles & especially Maccagnan 1 year too long has led to the worst roster in football, so bereft of talent that we can't compete. Adam Gase was a huge mistake (I tried as a Jet fan to convince myself he was a good coach), and on top of Chris mistake, the idiot doubles down & says "Adam coaches where football is going", lol. 

FINALLY, FINALLY, the Johnsons have reap what they've sown, and we all know when things are going this badly, the addition of Social Media, Facebook Memes, large numbers of writers fighting for readers with click bait articles we're at 0-6 & the drumbeats are deafening & we're already seeing the Trevor Lawrence won't play for the Jets articles. Bills, Chiefs, Patriots up next, 0-9. Hard to believe it can worse right? Oh, it will.

Joe Douglas will be tasked to find the next coach of the New York Jets with his vision of what he wants & the direction we need to take. The only thing Joe Douglas has to make clear to the Silver Spoon brothers is that I'M IN CHARGE! And he will be, the Johnson Brothers are at a crossroads with Jet fans. They're losing them by the truckload & gaining zero new young fans. At a time when the beasts of the east, Patriots are finally freaking 2-3 for the 1st in 20 years, here we are at 0-6 because of these idiots decisions. 

Joe Douglas is a tough guy, he's been around some very smart football people. He's no quitter & seeing him watch this train wreck (sometimes he couldn't look), gave me this strange comfort that he has a plan, rebuilding is painful, but he's got not only the cap room (we always have cap room), but he has a lot of draft capital. It's been a long time since that has been the case. The days of Agents using the Jets as a 2nd contract retirement home are also over with Douglas here. Joe Douglas will be in charge, the Johnsons can't afford another mistake they can be blamed for. And with Joe Douglas in charge, he's not attached to any player, including Sam Darnold. This offseason is going to wild & the true turning point of Douglas building this team in his image, with a coaching staff that he chooses. Can't wait!