Rex redeaux

rangerous

8 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Jets fans who want to bring back Rex are like two degrees away from Dolphins fans who want to bring back Gase.

You founded the Adam Gase fan club. You want to have his babies. With that said, be quiet and let the adults talk......

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Walt was on his fifth year of mediocrity when that underachieving loaded up team finally woke up in the middle of 1981. [/quote

Walt was handed a team that possibly was worse than the team presently on the field.
Yes it took a few years for him to pick up the pieces but he brought the Jets back to the playoffs for the first time in 12 seasons.
Rex Ryan’s last 2 seasons here were tainted by John Idzik who didn’t get him any players
because he wanted to hire his own HC.
Not that Idzik would have been able to get players for his HC either.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He only made the one super bowl promise at his press conference when he was hired.  He never predicted the patriots demise he simply said he wouldn’t kiss Belichick’s rings

but hey that ESPN kool aid must be sweet

Ya, Rex talked more than that. http://thecomeback.com/freezingcoldtakes/nfl/remembering-rex-ryans-buffalo-bills-introduction-were-not-going-to-get-pushed-around-i-can-promise-you-that.html

On 10/20/2020 at 9:41 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

I hung onto liking Gase as long as I could, cuz I thought the guy rubbed elbows with some pretty successful members of The Good Old Boys Club. More importantly he can actually hold an intelligent conversation. It's sad that the Stars just can't align for us Jets fans. Where do we go from here? smh...

He can hold an intelligent conversation. Unfortunately. This is how he’s gotten as far as he has, undeservedly so. He sounds like he knows what he’s talking about. I was impressed for about 5 minutes after I heard him speak. It didn’t take long to become disabused of that notion. 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:39 PM, rangerous said:

I don’t thinkI’ve been a supporter of Rex returning as coach, he ran a circus, but it does seem like he could motivate the players a lot better than most. Put him with a gm who has a real plan to build and maintain a team and maybe Rex would be better.  At the very least he’d distract the media and talking heads away from the team and let them around to the business of practicing and playing.  Is a Douglas -Rex pairing viable?

Please No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

You’re now citing stuff he did in Buffalo after he left here.  If you are going to repeat ESPN soundbytes at least google before you post next time

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

You’re now citing stuff he did in Buffalo after he left here.  If you are going to repeat ESPN soundbytes at least google before you post next time

Yo

If you go back and take the time to comprehend what I was originally responding to you, will discover that we were discussing the Buffalo Bills and their 4 - 3 defense. Not the Jets.

Your subsequent reply to me was obscure. Just sayin.

47 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Yo

If you go back and take the time to comprehend what I was originally responding to you, will discover that we were discussing the Buffalo Bills and their 4 - 3 defense. Not the Jets.

Your subsequent reply to me was obscure. Just sayin.

Look you want to regurgitate nonsense ESPN chowd talking points about Rex predicting super bowl every year he was here and the “demise of the patriots.”  Didn’t happen but continue to try

I can't wait for Rex to swallow his pride and take a defensive coordinator job where he has free rein of the defense.  He's not HC material but he's a legendary DC and football is fun when he's doing it.  I guess he'd never take the Jets DC job because he will always view himself as a HC here but somewhere else, maybe,

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Look you want to regurgitate nonsense ESPN chowd talking points about Rex predicting super bowl every year he was here and the “demise of the patriots.”  Didn’t happen but continue to try

Again

I was commenting that when Rex went to the Bills, he boasted and made promises regarding the playoffs, the Super Bowl and the Patriot's. When nothing came to fruition, that is when Rex was run out of town. He did not even get 2 full seasons in Buffalo after he coached 6 full seasons with the Jets.

Think Buffalo Bills and that ESPN has absolutely nothing to do with my comments and youll be flying straight.