Movies you've walked out on

jgb

9 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I didn't fall asleep.  I laughed at the absurdity of the script throughout.  Also cursed Coppola a lot for making the movie.  Must have needed to pay off a loan or wanted another Summer home.   This flick is a gigantic piece of dog crap, with some of the most ridiculous choices for actors I can recall.   

Did it insist upon itself?

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Last night I walked out of my own house while watching WW84.

Do you know how hard it is to not want to look at Gal Gadot anymore?

Haven't seen it yet, but it simply can not be any worse than Netflix's The Midnight Sky.  Awful. 

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Agreed.  Watched it with the family yesterday and immediately thought of this thread.  Awful movie.  Gal Gadot was not enough salvage an terrible script and ridiculous plot.  Terrible.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Haven't seen it yet, but it simply can not be any worse than Netflix's The Midnight Sky.  Awful. 

I actually liked the flick.  Some big information/plot holes which also exist in the novel.   Thought it was directed and acted well.

Last night, however, we turned off Mank about three quarters in.  It's a mess.  In a million years, never would have thought it was a David Fincher film, whose work I usually love.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I actually liked the flick.  Some big information/plot holes which also exist in the novel.   Thought it was directed and acted well.

Last night, however, we turned off Mank about three quarters in.  It's a mess.  In a million years, never would have thought it was a David Fincher film, whose work I usually love.

I don't blame Clooney.  He did his job.  But I never read the novel yet I predicted no fewer than 6 significant plot changes and I mean on the money, particularly the main one which I knew from the instant the specific character appeared how it would end.  That's not good. In fact, that's just terrible filmmaking right there.  With all of its convoluted muck, Midnight Sky is a ball of bad, hackneyed, recycled Sci-Fi plots.    And someone should tell Felicity Jones that she shouldn't have taken her Ginsberg character into space.  It doesn't work. Finally, whenever two or more astronauts leave a ship to conduct repairs, can there ever be a sci-fi movie where one of them doesn't always have to die?  And to make it so completely obvious as to which one  as they donned their spacesuits too.  Laughable.  

p.s.  I was looking forward to Mank.  I'll divert my eyes from further posts about it for now. Sounds disappointing.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I don't blame Clooney.  He did his job.  But I never read the novel yet I predicted no fewer than 6 significant plot changes and I mean on the money, particularly the main one which I knew from the instant the specific character appeared how it would end.  That's not good. In fact, that's just terrible filmmaking right there.  With all of its convoluted muck, Midnight Sky is a ball of bad, hackneyed, recycled Sci-Fi plots.    And someone should tell Felicity Jones that she shouldn't have taken her Ginsberg character into space.  It doesn't work. Finally, whenever two or more astronauts leave a ship to conduct repairs, can there ever be a sci-fi movie where one of them doesn't always have to die?  And to make it so completely obvious as to which one  as they donned their spacesuits too.  Laughable.  

p.s.  I was looking forward to Mank.  I'll divert my eyes from further posts about it for now. Sounds disappointing.

I dispute nothing in your post.  It's dead on.  For some reason (alcohol, delusion, me being a space nut since the 60s?), I liked the movie. 

I mean, my whole family in unison said the one person (won't spoil it) was dead as soon as they had to go outside.  lol  And you're right about Felicity Jones' character.  Incidentally, in the novel her character is not pregnant.  They changed it because Jones was really pregnant and needed to work it into the script.

All I'll say about Mank is that it is horribly overwritten.  We were all expecting genius after reading some glowing reviews.  But instead hated the flick from about five minutes in.  Visually, however, the film is gorgeous.  Plus, they nailed it making it seem like you were watching a movie from that era.

Well here is another TERRIBLE one.  I walked out of the family room last night to finish cleaning the kitchen and laundry.  I mean it was beyond bad.  From top to bottom starting with the cast, script, storyline.  The only thing worth a damn is Gadot's astonishing beauty.  But that is not enough to survive this 2.5 hours of slow hell.

Hey... did you know that Gal Gadot's maternal grandfather made it out of Auschwitz and after WWII fled Europe to Israel?  The family name was Greenstein before they Hebraized the surname from Greenstein to Gadot.    Maybe @More Cowbell is family!  Zero physical resemblance.  :)

59d1a7abd7605b4b008b4898?width=600&forma

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Well here is another TERRIBLE one.  I walked out of the family room last night to finish cleaning the kitchen and laundry.  I mean it was beyond bad.  From top to bottom starting with the cast, script, storyline.  The only thing worth a damn is Gadot's astonishing beauty.  But that is not enough to survive this 2.5 hours of slow hell.

Hey... did you know that Gal Gadot's maternal grandfather made it out of Auschwitz and after WWII fled Europe to Israel?  The family name was Greenstein before they Hebraized the surname from Greenstein to Gadot.    Maybe @More Cowbell is family!  Zero physical resemblance.  :)

Good Lord.  Thanks for this one, Dcat.  After the TV spots, we were looking forward to this one.  Guess we'll skip it.

Thanks for the Gal Gadot family history.  I can't imagine her grandmother's strength.  Also agree that Gadot's beauty is staggering.  She takes your breath away.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Actually when my Grandfather immigrated from Hungry, his name wasn't Geenstein. I guess my Grandfather wasn't very good at writing and the immigration guy wrote Geenstein on his paperwork. Yep, that scene you saw in the Godfather really did happen, I just can't find the town called Geenstein in Hungry 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good Lord.  Thanks for this one, Dcat.  After the TV spots, we were looking forward to this one.  Guess we'll skip it.

Thanks for the Gal Gadot family history.  I can't imagine her grandmother's strength.  Also agree that Gadot's beauty is staggering.  She takes your breath away.

There is an interview with Kate McKinnon talking about when Gadot was a host on SNL. I'm just going to say Google it and watch. It won't be funny if I write what was said. Kate's delivery is great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Miss Israel 2004.  Then almost won "Miss Universe".. lost to India.

jt6b5n8r9a421.jpg

She will be the female lead in Red Notice with Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Reynolds (she will be the notorious international art thief).  She will be Cleopatra in 2022 as well.  The ones I am looking most forward to are the planned "Heart of Stone" movie series, potentially a Mission Impossible/James Bond style series of spy v spy action movies with her as the recurring star.  I hope they do a good job.  I've always liked those spy series movies.  She might be the perfect actor for the role.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There is an interview with Kate McKinnon talking about when Gadot was a host on SNL. I'm just going to say Google it and watch. It won't be funny if I write what was said. Kate's delivery is great. 

Thanks for the reference and your family's history, Cowbell.   Again, the strength of these ancestors is stunning and inspirational.

I've seen the Kate McKinnon interview.  LOL!    Dead on as usual for Kate.   Here it is:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually when my Grandfather immigrated from Hungry, his name wasn't Geenstein. I guess my Grandfather wasn't very good at writing and the immigration guy wrote Geenstein on his paperwork. Yep, that scene you saw in the Godfather really did happen, I just can't find the town called Geenstein in Hungry 

I do not know what my real surname would have been.

My great grandfather had a long Eastern European surname with many consonants.  Sometime in the 1890's, an Ellis Island worker couldn't pronounce the young immigrant's name, asked him if he was Jewish to which he replied yes, and renamed him "Cohen".  It could just as easily have been Levy, Greenberg, or any other stereotypical names.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I just saw this yesterday. I've seen much worse movies. 

It was so damn boring. My expectations were more like The Last House on the Left or even the most recent Rambo type movie but the story itself and the score were just meh. 

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

It was so damn boring. My expectations were more like The Last House on the Left or even the most recent Rambo type movie but the story itself and the score were just meh. 

It was OK. I thought the idea of following a Dr. Home from a hospital to fix your brothers shot upeg becauze you were an idiot that couldn't just pay for gas was kind of original at least over going to vet to stich him up. I will say though, I won't be recommending this one

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:27 AM, JetPotato said:

Had the same experience Christmas night. 

Why was Robin Wright  and only Robin Wright talking in a Bela Lugosi accent? 

Nobody cares about the guy who isn't Chris Pine other than to remind you over and over  that's a huge plot hole. 

How many middle-aged guys in trenchcoats and suits have ever mugged someone in any DC park? 

Off "Narcos" and  "Mandalorian" Pedro Pascal could hardly do any wrong until...this. 

If they're going to keep making crappy super hero movies, we don't have to watch them. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...