Trevor Lawrence or Sam Darnold (revised)

TL Would be broken in two if he played last 3 years with this Coach and Organization. 
Trevor is fast north south runner. Not much wiggle IMO. And cannot throw off script at all.

But yes he’s a flamethrower no doubt. Big deal. So was Jamarcus Russell. Dime a dozen. Doesn’t show much touch. And again no off script plays. He’s also favored by 21 points every game. With the Jets it will be the opposite. I think his accuracy is a 7/10. Not 10/10 actually. In NC game when he won and had big numbers took some great WR catches to make it happen. He was off. But they made it work. This is when he doesn’t get his jersey dirty. Wait til he plays for the Jets. Lol. 

This team doesn’t deserve Darnold. Kid can play. He is in a horrible situation. It does appear to me they want him out. Not resigning Robbie was a tell. Drafting a QB in Round 4 was another.  Not firing Gase is another. Trading Jamal was another.  Releasing Bell was another. The team thinks they can blame Darnold and save a bunch of money with a new QB under a rookie deal. Maybe they can. TL will be a big buzz. But this team is not committed to winning today. As fans, that should set you off. 

Darnold and Gase had a heart to heart last year (both said). Sam said let’s run more plays that capitalize on my mobility and accuracy on the run.  Team went 6-2. He beat Carr. He beat Dak. And yes those wins were because of him . What do they do this year? Stick him back in the pocket behind a shaky line. Sam is not good with a collapsing pocket up the middle. That is true. But does Coach call plays to offset that? Ah no. Sam has worst WR and RB tandem in league without question (And TEs are unquestionably the worst of the bunch, well after your OL lol) and they don’t improvise or get creative with play calling??  I’ve watched every game Sam has played since joining Jets. Gase running up the middle on 2nd down regardless of down and distance is nauseating. Opposing coaches must love him. He is not a smart coach. Anyone ever perform worse than Gase did at initial press introduction? My god. What a cross eyed imbecile. 
I’ve seen coaches like this. Mediocre coaches who latch on to a great QB and ride that gravy train. Dude named Paul Hackett was San Fran QB coach when Joe Montana played. Hackett got 2 college HC gigs and numerous OC jobs based on getting Joe and Bill Walsh coffee during meetings. He bombed everywhere. That is what Gase is Doing with Peyton. Two words that are popular over here. Ryan Tannehill. It’s indisputable.  I noticed Over the years how many perfect throws it takes for the Gase “offense” to work. 
That’s not a good offense. That’s a hard offense actually. With bad personnel like the Jets you need a great coach. The fact that this Org has been in the toilet for 15 years is on the Johnsons. Not Sam. He should pray he gets traded from this dumpster fire. Your 18 guys short with 22 starting positions. Run Sam Run.

All that being said Jets would be smart to reset with a new QB contract. Just business. That’s what Johnson’s  do. They run a business, they don’t run a winning FB organization. Pundits and Ex players telling TL to stay in school. Terrible PR. Just terrible. Hate to see it. I’ve read this board for 3 years. passionate die hard and pretty damn knowledgeable fan base.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, jetsjets said:

10 games to go. Too early for all these TL posts 

Lol ? Have you seen these 6 games we’ve played? Have you seen the upcoming schedule? JD needs to see the writing on the wall and plan ahead. Should be a fascinating next few weeks before the trading deadline. 

If the jets have a chance to draft Lawrence they should.  It doesn’t matter if Lawrence is kept or subsequently traded.  A good asset is a good asset.  And even if they intend on keeping darnold, Lawrence will bring some competition to the position.  One probably will be traded away but not taking a good hard look at who gives them the best chance to improve this team. About the only way the jets should trade out of the no. 1 spot is if they get a boatload of first day draft picks. But even there an assessment of current and future drafts will have to be made.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DarnoldHomer said:

TL Would be broken in two if he played last 3 years with this Coach and Organization. 
Trevor is fast north south runner. Not much wiggle IMO. And cannot throw off script at all.

But yes he’s a flamethrower no doubt. Big deal. So was Jamarcus Russell. Dime a dozen. Doesn’t show much touch. And again no off script plays. He’s also favored by 21 points every game. With the Jets it will be the opposite. I think his accuracy is a 7/10. Not 10/10 actually. In NC game when he won and had big numbers took some great WR catches to make it happen. He was off. But they made it work. This is when he doesn’t get his jersey dirty. Wait til he plays for the Jets. Lol. 

This team doesn’t deserve Darnold. Kid can play. He is in a horrible situation. It does appear to me they want him out. Not resigning Robbie was a tell. Drafting a QB in Round 4 was another.  Not firing Gase is another. Trading Jamal was another.  Releasing Bell was another. The team thinks they can blame Darnold and save a bunch of money with a new QB under a rookie deal. Maybe they can. TL will be a big buzz. But this team is not committed to winning today. As fans, that should set you off. 

Darnold and Gase had a heart to heart last year (both said). Sam said let’s run more plays that capitalize on my mobility and accuracy on the run.  Team went 6-2. He beat Carr. He beat Dak. And yes those wins were because of him . What do they do this year? Stick him back in the pocket behind a shaky line. Sam is not good with a collapsing pocket up the middle. That is true. But does Coach call plays to offset that? Ah no. Sam has worst WR and RB tandem in league without question (And TEs are unquestionably the worst of the bunch, well after your OL lol) and they don’t improvise or get creative with play calling??  I’ve watched every game Sam has played since joining Jets. Gase running up the middle on 2nd down regardless of down and distance is nauseating. Opposing coaches must love him. He is not a smart coach. Anyone ever perform worse than Gase did at initial press introduction? My god. What a cross eyed imbecile. 
I’ve seen coaches like this. Mediocre coaches who latch on to a great QB and ride that gravy train. Dude named Paul Hackett was San Fran QB coach when Joe Montana played. Hackett got 2 college HC gigs and numerous OC jobs based on getting Joe and Bill Walsh coffee during meetings. He bombed everywhere. That is what Gase is Doing with Peyton. Two words that are popular over here. Ryan Tannehill. It’s indisputable.  I noticed Over the years how many perfect throws it takes for the Gase “offense” to work. 
That’s not a good offense. That’s a hard offense actually. With bad personnel like the Jets you need a great coach. The fact that this Org has been in the toilet for 15 years is on the Johnsons. Not Sam. He should pray he gets traded from this dumpster fire. Your 18 guys short with 22 starting positions. Run Sam Run.

All that being said Jets would be smart to reset with a new QB contract. Just business. That’s what Johnson’s  do. They run a business, they don’t run a winning FB organization. Pundits and Ex players telling TL to stay in school. Terrible PR. Just terrible. Hate to see it. I’ve read this board for 3 years. passionate die hard and pretty damn knowledgeable fan base.  

I got as far as does not show much touch. I am a really big Darnold supporter but this is just BS. 

In an interview yesterday, Dabo Swinney compared TL with Deshawn Watson, only with a bigger stature and stronger arm.  He loaded about TL’s character.

I love Sam Darnold, more than any other QB prospect the Jets have ever had, but let another organization pay him the $30M annually while he figures it out.  We need a QB rookie deal to rebuild this pathetic excuse of a roster.

• Upvote 1