kmnj

where is joe d hiding?

He promised us a winning culture-we are looking like maybe the worst teams in nfl history....

He promised Sam and co he would give him great weapons to succeed -where are those weapons? I mean I know  he brought in a super elite wr in perriman to replace robby and he brought in the ageless wonder frank gore and even tried to bring in ballage (not once but twice-such intestinal fortitude there) and  he knew a good thing when he saw one in Griffin that he made sure to pay that man his money and while achieving such greatness managed to draft perrine who for sure is the next barry sanders.    What an offensive powerhouse we have as a core-Gore/Perrine, Griffin/Herndon and our stud perriman. 

The only guy on offense at a skill position that has any type of skills is crowder who  would be a wr 3/4 on  most teams.

When will Joe step up to the plate and defend his performance and that awesome winning culture he established? The only time I have seen him lately was him hiding his face during the last game.

I know I know when Joe came here he had this secret plan to make his "franchise " qb fail and by making our team the worst in history removing any and all capable players.

I am sure TL would be SO EXCITED to come to a team with zero talent around him and was so impressed by the job joe has done supplying Sam with weapons and the great offense we are running.

So when will we see Joe-maybe he and Chris can do a joint press conference and talk about how we need patience and even though we cant see it the jets are "trying hard" and behind the scenes we are all thrilled.   After that press conference maybe we can get Tanny Mac and Izadick to do their own press conferences-they can just say hey you thought I was bad now we are historically bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

If the Jets get crushed like college pussy this week - which they will - I expect some kind of organizational response. 

a firing would be appreciated but in the least i expect brass to speak. Your house is on fire, the kids are in the back of the squad car and the wife’s on the sauce. Time for a statement. 

What are they going to say? What would make you happy?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

What are they going to say? What would make you happy?

Some ownerships for things that haven’t worked out, a general sense of discontent with matters. 

If we operated like a professional football organization, our GM would be able to make some remarks implying that results are expected in changes should be coming. But our GM doesn’t have that authority does he?

• Upvote 2

This is Adam Gase's team.  He is the "Football Man" in charge.  And we hear from him twice a week which is more than enough.  Joe Douglas works for Gase, not the other way around.

Because of this unique no-fans season, the Jets have decided to jumpstart the rebuild, put it in hyperdrive, and dump every malcontent, old guy, and high-priced fatcat on the roster.  It's not an accident we suck.  It's by design.

You wanted ownership to stop meddling.  You wanted a Football Man at the top to replace the billionaires, stadium developers, and lawyers calling the shots.  You wanted a HC and GM on the same page making smart decisions and doing it 'the right way'.  This is what Year 1 looks like.  It ain't pretty.  But it's necessary.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

JD told us that we were bereft of talent and depth.  The team was thin and the injuries combined with an inept HC were a bridge too far. JD didn't hire the coach. Hard to fault him there. I'm willing to wait to see what this looks like with a healthy Darnold, Becton, Mims, Perriman, Crowder and Herndon all playing at the same time. That was the "plan". But, as they say, everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face. We just didn't have a plan for what to do if everyone was injured. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Some ownerships for things that haven’t worked out, a general sense of discontent with matters. 

If we operated like a professional football organization, our GM would be able to make some remarks implying that results are expected in changes should be coming. But our GM doesn’t have that authority does he?

It is a private company. GM's usually do not come out more than a couple of times per year (as mandated by the NFL) to make statements on the team in general. 

What do you want him to say:

-We inherited an awful squad with many holes (he won't say this, but it is true)

-We are trying to instill a culture of character and accountability in players.

-Listen, I am, friends with Adam, but I never thought he would be this bad when I took over. I need to adjust there.

-Sometimes, things have to get worse, before they get better

-We are in process of seeking draft assets to hasten this process, that strips down current performance, so we can seek players in our mold.

-2020 was never going to be the season where we make a huge move, situations outside our control have allowed that to spiral.

Would that make you happy?

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is Adam Gase's team.  He is the "Football Man" in charge.  And we hear from him twice a week which is more than enough.  Joe Douglas works for Gase, not the other way around.

Because of this unique no-fans season, the Jets have decided to jumpstart the rebuild, put it in hyperdrive, and dump every malcontent, old guy, and high-priced fatcat on the roster.  It's not an accident we suck.  It's by design.

You wanted ownership to stop meddling.  You wanted a Football Man at the top to replace the billionaires, stadium developers, and lawyers calling the shots.  You wanted a HC and GM on the same page making smart decisions and doing it 'the right way'.  This is what Year 1 looks like.  It ain't pretty.  But it's necessary.

SAR I

Assuming this is true (which by no means I am admitting), it also means they don't think Sam Darnold is the QB of the future and that decision was made sometime last year.

4 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

Gase still sucks.

Perhaps he sucks as an offensive coordinator.  But he does not suck as The Football Man of Florham Park.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Year 2.  You said Gase was calling the shots (along with CJ) last year.  At this pace, we should be a wildcard contender in 2030.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

JD is being quiet until his rookies get on the field, because that’s what he’s going to be ‘graded’ on most.  If his guys play reasonably well, most here will be ok with him, even if the team keeps losing and they draft another qb.  

Lets hope he's vindicated & some of these guys get back in & start developing. I thought our luck had changed after 50 years but it is true this is a TRUE REBUILD. The bandaid was YANKED OFF! They had to get rid out Trumaine, Bell + no matter what anyone says based on what we are witnessing, trading Adams for 2 firsts & a 3rd was a stroke of genius! I think we'd still be 0-6 with Adams playing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps he sucks as an offensive coordinator.  But he does not suck as The Football Man of Florham Park.

SAR I

And what have you seen during his Jets' tenure makes you say that?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

Assuming this is true (which by no means I am admitting), it also means they don't think Sam Darnold is the QB of the future and that decision was made sometime last year.

There is no question that the Jets had a choice to make and they've made it.  Either a) sell the farm and build around Darnold or b) stick to the plan and execute a deep rebuild.  The choice was made to go for the deep rebuild.

Now, it could be because they have seen enough and know that Darnold is not their guy or it could be because the roster is so bad that even if Darnold is the second coming it wouldn't matter anyway.  I would like to believe that Darnold is still a great franchise quarterback prospect and they've gotten him to buy-in to the necessary moves in this unique no-fans season, just keep your mouth shut kid, play nice, we'll be far better off for you next season, but who knows.  They may just want to move on.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

What makes you say that?  I was convinced Sam had turned a corner until I saw him play this year.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You write this as fact...do you have proof? Post your source.

Joe Douglas isn't gonna fire the man who played a major role in him getting hired as the GM of the Jets. This is why Woody needs to get back ASAP and clean house. Even if Woody was involved in approving the hiring of Adam Gase, he can plausibly deny he had anything to do with the Jets during his time serving as United States Ambassador to the UK. "I love my brother, but another set of eyes is needed here. We need to look in the mirror and realize arranged marriages aren't working for us."

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Year 2.  You said Gase was calling the shots (along with CJ) last year.  At this pace, we should be a wildcard contender in 2030.

Year 1 of the Gase/Douglas partnership.  Year 1 of their first draft and free agency period together.  

To set your expectations properly, the Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins have been trying to regain relevance since 1995 and 1999 respectively.  Half the teams in the NFL are in similar stages of purgatory.  2030 may not be wrong.  But it starts with getting ownership to back off, find a capable Football Man, and leave him alone to run the show.  And we have that now.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is a private company. GM's usually do not come out more than a couple of times per year (as mandated by the NFL) to make statements on the team in general. 

What do you want him to say:

-We inherited an awful squad with many holes (he won't say this, but it is true)

-We are trying to instill a culture of character and accountability in players.

-Listen, I am, friends with Adam, but I never thought he would be this bad when I took over. I need to adjust there.

-Sometimes, things have to get worse, before they get better

-We are in process of seeking draft assets to hasten this process, that strips down current performance, so we can seek players in our mold.

-2020 was never going to be the season where we make a huge move, situations outside our control have allowed that to spiral.

Would that make you happy?

C2F8177D-372D-4A54-9199-6EB282C80D7A.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Finally a voice of reason with no fluff it's appreciated !! Gase should and will be fired but for now it is what it is and that is a full on Rebuild.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Based on?

IDK, I think a press conference would make things worse right now...,

I'm not one of these panties in a bunch stick up the ass type of fans, I understand losing is the best thing for us right now. I don't need JD to face the media and give some politician answers for me to know that. 

In fact, instead of a press conference I hope he keeps pouring gasoline on the inferno and trade some more vets away....I'll let the crybabies cry about how come JD didn't turn this Mac inherited dumpster fire into a competitive playoff bound team after one draft......

Doesn't the GM normally give a mid-season update? I know Douglas held a conference last October last year. I would expect him to make an appearance of some sort over the next week or two.

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

First of all, JD does not work for Gase. They both work for Chris (Dumber) Johnson.

And we don't have a football man at the top. We have Gase at the top. There is a squirrel in my yard that would be better than Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If the Jets get crushed like college pussy this week - which they will - I expect some kind of organizational response. 

a firing would be appreciated but in the least i expect brass to speak. Your house is on fire, the kids are in the back of the squad car and the wife’s on the sauce. Time for a statement. 

If getting shutout by Miami wasn't enough to get them to say anything, why would this week's game be enough, I mean how could the team look any worse?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Honestly, I'm willing to give in to your Adam Gase will be a great HC when he lets go of the Offense and decides to be a HC, but please tell me what sign is there that he would ever actually do this? Heck, he won't even give up play calling. In the midst of the entire team taking on water and capsizing, he is a ship captain who remains fixated on the screens and switches at the navigation station because that was his job before he was in charge and it is all he really knows. 

But, as I said, I'm willing to consider your position. So, tell me what has Gase done to make you think he will give up his Brilliant Offensive Mind role and be a HC?

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Of course not. Only the lucky sperm brothers are allowed to share their wisdom publicly.

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You know this one of your more levelheaded "connected to reality" posts but your boy is getting canned no later then January and deep down you know it LOL

• Haha 2