where is joe d hiding?

kmnj

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don't get the JD hate. This is maccs mess, JD is just blowing it up. Hes shedding all the bad contracts. Bell, Tru, Enunwa, etc.

In free agency we saw that he actually had a plan. Try to fix the oline. And he specifically gave everyone short term deals with easy outs. This team wasn't competing this year, and JD knew it. Thats why he wasn't a big spender.

But next year he has a ton of cap space, and a lot of draft picks. We will learn a lot about JD next offseason. Let's see how he does because he's not going anywhere. He's been on the job for 1 year. Hes had 1 draft. This was never going to be a quick fix. Most fans knew this team lacked talent at every single level. 

We alsowilllearn more about his draftas theyear goeson the and the draftees play more...

• Upvote 1

I have zero interest in Joe Douglas making a public statement or holding a press conference.  I'm not really sure why fans put so much stock into it.

If/when it happens, it's going to be the same old boring company lines about how this is a "process" and how they are trying to "change the culture" and "compete for a Superbowl every year."

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I don't get the JD hate. This is maccs mess, JD is just blowing it up. Hes shedding all the bad contracts. Bell, Tru, Enunwa, etc.

In free agency we saw that he actually had a plan. Try to fix the oline. And he specifically gave everyone short term deals with easy outs. This team wasn't competing this year, and JD knew it. Thats why he wasn't a big spender.

But next year he has a ton of cap space, and a lot of draft picks. We will learn a lot about JD next offseason. Let's see how he does because he's not going anywhere. He's been on the job for 1 year. Hes had 1 draft. This was never going to be a quick fix. Most fans knew this team lacked talent at every single level. 

Bu....but he signed a bunch a JAGs to one year deals and he traded/cut all the dawgs! LOL

JD might be great....he might not be....right now is not the time to make that determination. Whether we like it or not we have to give him this offseason and next to finish cleaning up Mac's trash/get some more of his own draft classes in the building

Right now this draft class is hurt and not on the field so i'm punting my opinion on his talent evaluation. If its 2022 and we have a bunch of young JAGS/busts by all means I will grab my pitchfork and join the "I'm mad and want to see the world burn" brigade. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

He promised us a winning culture-we are looking like maybe the worst teams in nfl history....

He promised Sam and co he would give him great weapons to succeed -where are those weapons? I mean I know  he brought in a super elite wr in perriman to replace robby and he brought in the ageless wonder frank gore and even tried to bring in ballage (not once but twice-such intestinal fortitude there) and  he knew a good thing when he saw one in Griffin that he made sure to pay that man his money and while achieving such greatness managed to draft perrine who for sure is the next barry sanders.    What an offensive powerhouse we have as a core-Gore/Perrine, Griffin/Herndon and our stud perriman. 

The only guy on offense at a skill position that has any type of skills is crowder who  would be a wr 3/4 on  most teams.

When will Joe step up to the plate and defend his performance and that awesome winning culture he established? The only time I have seen him lately was him hiding his face during the last game.

I know I know when Joe came here he had this secret plan to make his "franchise " qb fail and by making our team the worst in history removing any and all capable players.

I am sure TL would be SO EXCITED to come to a team with zero talent around him and was so impressed by the job joe has done supplying Sam with weapons and the great offense we are running.

So when will we see Joe-maybe he and Chris can do a joint press conference and talk about how we need patience and even though we cant see it the jets are "trying hard" and behind the scenes we are all thrilled.   After that press conference maybe we can get Tanny Mac and Izadick to do their own press conferences-they can just say hey you thought I was bad now we are historically bad.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

No......SORE has been very consistent in his belief that in trying to find a great offensive mind the Jets accidentally found a great head coach.  It's easy to find good offensive coordinators.  It's impossible to find a great head coach, especially one who can handle tough times with a broken roster in a vicious media market.  It would be very Jetsy for us to have found the head coach we've been missing for 50 years this way.

For those paying attention the last year and a half, we have a HC who needs an offensive coordinator.  And, while he's not shopping for the groceries, he's the one making the shopping list and picking the supermarket.  Elhai and Douglas are too young and inexperienced to handle the responsibility of such an undertaking not to mention neither could stand up to someone as maniacal as Gase, hell, he hired them. 

All signs point to Gase as the Don Corleone of Florham Park.  It's what we wanted.  A Football Man taking no prisioners from billionaires, stadium developers, and attorneys.  I love it.  It's awesome. 

SORE I

Third Person.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Maybe SAR is right.  Maybe Gase is really the evil football genius with no interpersonal skills?  Maybe Gase is another Mangini who is actually better at personnel and scouting than coaching?

Let’s make him President of Football Operations of the NYJ and have JD report to him!   Would I be optimistic about that?  Nope.  But it would be a good first step in getting the Johnsons away from the football team and getting a better HC, OC and DC coaching and teaching the players-players who will likely be quite young.  

Maybe that will be a team that Trevor Lawrence would want to play for.  The NYJ in their current state is not. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

If the Jets get crushed like college pussy this week - which they will - I expect some kind of organizational response. 

a firing would be appreciated but in the least i expect brass to speak. Your house is on fire, the kids are in the back of the squad car and the wife’s on the sauce. Time for a statement. 

Statement “Everything is going to tank, I mean plan” ?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps he sucks as an offensive coordinator.  But he does not suck as The Football Man of Florham Park.

SAR I

SAR I regret saying what I said about Gase. I wouldn’t say it to his face. Just hiding behind my laptop and it’s so easy to spout off that way these days. I actually feel sorry for the guy. I agree with you. Gase has his place. He’s dedicated his life to the game and he worked his way up with dedicated effort, which is to be admired. He’s all X’s and O’s. Perhaps not a motivator of players in a more visceral sense. Like Todd Bowles found his niche in Tampa as a defensive mind, Gase will land somewhere where his skills fit and he can contribute. I feel like as a head coach, it’s not happening. With all the negativity, losses, and fan dissatisfaction, he, and most likely Williams, will have to go, whether it’s just or not. I admire your loyalty to him and to the Jets. I think we’re all frustrated now and, coupled with the virus and the turbulent times we’re living through, it’s a challenge for us all to stay civil and respect each other and our different opinions. 

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

SAR I regret saying what I said about Gase. I wouldn’t say it to his face. Just hiding behind my laptop and it’s so easy to spout off that way these days. I actually feel sorry for the guy. I agree with you. Gase has his place. He’s dedicated his life to the game and he worked his way up with dedicated effort, which is to be admired. He’s all X’s and O’s. Perhaps not a motivator of players in a more visceral sense. Like Todd Bowles found his niche in Tampa as a defensive mind, Gase will land somewhere where his skills fit and he can contribute. I feel like as a head coach, it’s not happening. With all the negativity, losses, and fan dissatisfaction, he, and most likely Williams, will have to go, whether it’s just or not. I admire your loyalty to him and to the Jets. I think we’re all frustrated now and, coupled with the virus and the turbulent times we’re living through, it’s a challenge for us all to stay civil and respect each other and our different opinions. 

Classy post, JL58.  Well done.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas isn't gonna fire the man who played a major role in him getting hired as the GM of the Jets. This is why Woody needs to get back ASAP and clean house. Even if Woody was involved in approving the hiring of Adam Gase, he can plausibly deny he had anything to do with the Jets during his time serving as United States Ambassador to the UK. "I love my brother, but another set of eyes is needed here. We need to look in the mirror and realize arranged marriages aren't working for us."

That’s good because contractually Douglas can’t fire Gase

11 hours ago, fullblast said:

Doesn't the GM normally give a mid-season update? I know Douglas held a conference last October last year. I would expect him to make an appearance of some sort over the next week or two.

Yes. NFL requires team GMs to hold a mid-year press conference. That is the only in season pressers required of GMs. Combine is another required GM presser

It’s funny when they do hold press conferences people complain they don’t say anything.  So now they want more pressers so they won’t say anything and then complain about that with “why bother to have them”...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

JD is being quiet until his rookies get on the field, because that’s what he’s going to be ‘graded’ on most.  If his guys play reasonably well, most here will be ok with him, even if the team keeps losing and they draft another qb.  

Just a reminder that approximately 85% of the guys on this roster are “his guys.”

Fant, GVR, Berrios, Perriman, Hogan, Gore, Perine, Griffin, McDougald, Desir, etc. Even Jenkins and Poole who he signed to one year deals. Those are all his guys.

So why can’t we evaluate him again?

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just a reminder that approximately 85% of the guys on this roster are “his guys.”

Fant, GVR, Berrios, Perriman, Hogan, Gore, Perine, Griffin, McDougald, Desir, etc. Even Jenkins and Poole who he signed to one year deals. Those are all his guys.

Exactly and lets not forget the failed guys he signed Doctson,Khalil,Moncreif,Vadvik................

Im not impressed. 

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Joe Douglas turning out to be a good (or even competent) GM is the last hope for the franchise that many Jet fans have. They will not let go of that hope no matter what. 

I don’t know whether he’ll succeed or fail but things look really bad thus far. He doesn’t deserve to be fired but he deserves plenty of criticism. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets have 28 players on 1 year deals.  That's quite a number.

SAR I

11 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

How do you see this off-season as a success? What plan, the oline has been a joke so far? Where else did we improve? Oh that’s right no where?

And trading for 6th round 2022 picks is doing nothing for this team

23 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

There's only 1 question JD needs to answer and that is if management's plan was to rebuild, then why didn't then come out and simply say it?

Because he doesn't have to tell anybody anything?  And meanwhile Jets fans are notoriously impatient.  Telling the fans it's a throwaway year would never fly here.  It's a big reason all the GM's the Johnson's hire have been instructed to essentially shoot for 8-8 every season.  

His job is to build a perennial contender.  Not make the fans happy in the short-term.  Anything he says in a press conference is going to be uninteresting and not worthwhile.  I'd rather him be on the phones trying to make deals at the trade deadline right now and then after the deadline spending all of his time prepping for an absolutely crucial 2021 offseason.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

The point is they're a package deal. 

No, they're not.  If the organizational structure is still the same; I.E. the HC and GM each individually report to the Owner; then the HC can be fired by the Owner without much input at all from Douglas.

Any GM worth his salt is going to have some cold-blooded/ruthless qualities to him.  There are only 32 NFL GM jobs on the planet and Douglas isn't going to tie his future to a failure of a HC.  If the Johnson's approach him and say its time to make a change, he'll go along with it.  He isn't going to defend his friend.  

Ideally, Douglas wants to fire Gase when it is prudent to do so, and gets handed the keys to hire the next HC.  There hasn't been enough evidence either way to suggest what is going to happen next, or when.

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

All of the guys you listed except for Perine and Griffin are band-aids.  Players who are all essentially on 1-year deals are not at all "core guys" like many would like to paint them.  Band-aids, by their very nature, are rarely going to impress, and almost all of them will be off the team prior to the 2021 season.

Judge him harshly on Perine if you wish.  I was hoping for more from him out of the gate, even with the run-blocking and Gase scheme doing him no favors.

The Griffin contract obviously made him a TE2 that JD wanted around for a while.  His injury was most unfortunate, but it happened AFTER Griffin signed his deal.  

So, yeah, I don't see the problem in all of this.  Everything comes down to him nailing his draft picks.  If the 2020 class is a bust, that will be a problem.  We'll know a lot more about this class some time in 2021.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, they're not.  If the organizational structure is still the same; I.E. the HC and GM each individually report to the Owner; then the HC can be fired by the Owner without much input at all from Douglas.

Any GM worth his salt is going to have some cold-blooded/ruthless qualities to him.  There are only 32 NFL GM jobs on the planet and Douglas isn't going to tie his future to a failure of a HC.  If the Johnson's approach him and say its time to make a change, he'll go along with it.  He isn't going to defend his friend.  

Ideally, Douglas wants to fire Gase when it is prudent to do so, and gets handed the keys to hire the next HC.  There hasn't been enough evidence either way to suggest what is going to happen next, or when.

If you got me the GM job and you were the coach, I wouldn't fire you after your 2nd season on the job. When Woody gets back it won't matter because heads are going to roll. 

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If you got me the GM job and you were the coach, I wouldn't fire you after your 2nd season on the job. When Woody gets back it won't matter because heads are going to roll. 

And that's a big reason why someone with this mentality would not make a successful GM in the NFL.  Part of the business is being a bit cutthroat.  

The entire job as a GM is overseeing a roster of young men who are risking their bodies and brains and to pay them as little money as possible to do so.  By its very nature you have to have a coldblooded mentality, or you'll wash out.  

If Douglas is not willing to fire Gase, despite his awful work to date, then he lacks this "gene" as well and probably isn't the guy.  His personnel decisions tell me he might.  We'll see.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:23 AM, kmnj said:

He promised us a winning culture-we are looking like maybe the worst teams in nfl history....

He promised Sam and co he would give him great weapons to succeed -where are those weapons? I mean I know  he brought in a super elite wr in perriman to replace robby and he brought in the ageless wonder frank gore and even tried to bring in ballage (not once but twice-such intestinal fortitude there) and  he knew a good thing when he saw one in Griffin that he made sure to pay that man his money and while achieving such greatness managed to draft perrine who for sure is the next barry sanders.    What an offensive powerhouse we have as a core-Gore/Perrine, Griffin/Herndon and our stud perriman. 

The only guy on offense at a skill position that has any type of skills is crowder who  would be a wr 3/4 on  most teams.

When will Joe step up to the plate and defend his performance and that awesome winning culture he established? The only time I have seen him lately was him hiding his face during the last game.

I know I know when Joe came here he had this secret plan to make his "franchise " qb fail and by making our team the worst in history removing any and all capable players.

I am sure TL would be SO EXCITED to come to a team with zero talent around him and was so impressed by the job joe has done supplying Sam with weapons and the great offense we are running.

So when will we see Joe-maybe he and Chris can do a joint press conference and talk about how we need patience and even though we cant see it the jets are "trying hard" and behind the scenes we are all thrilled.   After that press conference maybe we can get Tanny Mac and Izadick to do their own press conferences-they can just say hey you thought I was bad now we are historically bad.

Sorry.... I thought you wrote Joe B. as in "Bunker Biden" or "Hid'n Biden" LOL!

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020