where is joe d hiding?

kmnj

10 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

Just shocked at how he hasn't fired that POS Gase. 

What a mental decision.  Decisions like this will make or break a career. We're 0-6, we're the laughing stock of the league, yet here he is preparing himself for Kansas.... oh how fun.

said it all along he wont fire gase until the end of the season at the earliest. Woody and Chris dont want to have to pay another guy not to go to work and by firing him it just is confirmation how bad the hire was. I am sure they are hoping beyond hope gase and co string together some wins

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

How many coaches, GMs, or owners in the NFL "go off script" and are openly transparent with the fans? 

I can't fathom why anyone would expect this.

Bill Parcells on Day 1.  He came to the Jets and was clear about what the team would be saying, "I know we won't be pretty.  I just hope we're not too ugly."  He was rebuilding as well, saddled with overpaid veterans from bad FA contracts like Neil O'Donnell, etc.  But he was transparent and wasn't afraid to call out players either.  Remember "she" in reference to Terry Glenn?

Why can't Joe D come out and say, "We know what we are and what we aren't as a team.  There are a lot of changes happening here as you can see.  Both before the season and now during the season.  It's obvious that we're not where we want to be and that more changes will take place.  But, we ARE building a culture here.  That's my first priority.  And, building culture doesn't always translate to having the most talent and immediate wins, but those are the seeds we're planting.  It's fair to scrutinize us, but I'm telling you there's a plan, we need to take steps, and sometimes it takes a step back to take a bigger one forward.  There are no shortcuts to what I want to build here.  It's certainly fair that we all get evaluated on that but I'm telling you that we're playing the long game here.  We want sustainable success and quick fixes don't always support that goal."

IMO that would be somewhat transparent.  Being open that there will be steps backward first.  Communicating that the focus isn't immediately on wins and that his vision of an improved culture sets the table for a decade of stability unlike the previous decade of starts, stops and annual March misfires that have taken place here.  But JD either doesn't want to or isn't allowed to say that it seems.  CJ communicates things that seem to neuter JD like giving full endorsements of the "genius" head coach and saying he expects to win, etc.  A team that has said goodbye to its two most talented players (Adams, Bell) isn't trying to win right now.  We all see that.  JD doesn't have the balls to come out and say it.  If he gets them back from Chris maybe he can?

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

How many coaches, GMs, or owners in the NFL "go off script" and are openly transparent with the fans? 

I can't fathom why anyone would expect this.

When your team is staring at 0-16, going off script works. The only way Douglas can save face is if he has some sort of unexpected dialogue. Specifically how they are going to change/improve their draft process because it clearly didn’t work this go around.

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Bill Parcells on Day 1.  He came to the Jets and was clear about what the team would be saying, "I know we won't be pretty.  I just hope we're not too ugly."  He was rebuilding as well, saddled with overpaid veterans from bad FA contracts like Neil O'Donnell, etc.  But he was transparent and wasn't afraid to call out players either.  Remember "she" in reference to Terry Glenn?

I mean, that was a different time and Parcells was a 2x Super Bowl winner. I don't think many coaches would infer their star WR was a chick in 2020.

Why can't Joe D come out and say, "We know what we are and what we aren't as a team.  There are a lot of changes happening here as you can see.  Both before the season and now during the season.  It's obvious that we're not where we want to be and that more changes will take place.  But, we ARE building a culture here.  That's my first priority.  And, building culture doesn't always translate to having the most talent and immediate wins, but those are the seeds we're planting.  It's fair to scrutinize us, but I'm telling you there's a plan, we need to take steps, and sometimes it takes a step back to take a bigger one forward.  There are no shortcuts to what I want to build here.  It's certainly fair that we all get evaluated on that but I'm telling you that we're playing the long game here.  We want sustainable success and quick fixes don't always support that goal."

I think it's totally possible JD gives a press conference during the BYE week and says something to that effect.

IMO that would be somewhat transparent.  Being open that there will be steps backward first.  Communicating that the focus isn't immediately on wins and that his vision of an improved culture sets the table for a decade of stability unlike the previous decade of starts, stops and annual March misfires that have taken place here.  But JD either doesn't want to or isn't allowed to say that it seems.  CJ communicates things that seem to neuter JD like giving full endorsements of the "genius" head coach and saying he expects to win, etc.  A team that has said goodbye to its two most talented players (Adams, Bell) isn't trying to win right now.  We all see that.  JD doesn't have the balls to come out and say it.  If he gets them back from Chris maybe he can?

That's fair, and if there were ever a season to do that, this one (where season ticket holders aren't paying for tickets) is the one to do it. My guess is the latter would be the reason they wouldn't want to be fully transparent -- they don't want STH bailing on them.

• Upvote 1