Sounds like we might have Becton, Darnold, Mims & Perriman This Week

We just suck at calling plays and putting our players in good positions to succeed, and unless dramatic changes are made in game planning, play calling, and player discipline it won't matter who is on the field. The stat I posted in another threat says it all... we lead the league in 2nd & 8+ situations, while also lead the league in run plays in those situations. Moronic.

Gase has a tendency to let personnel over-dictate his play-calling tendencies so it's possible we finally see an offensive outbreak (see Weeks 10-12, 2019), but that may not necessarily be for the better (i.e. Breshad Perriman returns and he calls 3 20+ yard pass plays in a row to begin the game). 

Ultimately, I am looking forward to any opportunity to watch Darnold play and seeing the rookies would be nice (Zuniga, Clark could be back as well), but I'm not optimistic it will change output. 

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Don’t care about draft position. Looking forward to seeing Darnold with a healthy offense. 

shawt i been tryna say for a few weeks...   that they are not canning Gase mid season cos they wanna see what they drafted and signed players around Sam...  Mekhi and the new OL,Mims, Perriwinke, Crowda

all the bile and the pitchforks are just whingeing 

our roster has been rankedinthe bottom tier,for,what, 6 years running?

34 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I want to watch the young guys play and show progression. It's all that is left of the season. 

Agreed.  I don’t think the Jets are suddenly going to win games but I want the kids to play especially the new draft picks like Mims.  Schedule is still too tough and we are selling at the deadline.  The most important thing is letting the kids play 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

all they need is Gase to have a brain transplant and they can cover the 14 points 

Wouldn't help for Sunday.

The new brain would have to pass the covid screening, so best case is vs the Chiefs on 11/1.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hey, with Darnold, Mims, and Becton we now go 10-6 not losing a game and make the playoffs. Just kidding, but in any event if these guys all stay healthy we can see especially with Becton and Mims that we can add more to them and see if moving forward it will eventually culminate in a functional offense that can maybe score 20+ points a game?.  We also have to see if Darnold can improve and grow with these guys over the rest of the season since we all know deep down Darnold remaining our QB can very well happen especially if we do not get the number 1 pick, that only occurs if Darnold wins 1 or more out of the last 10 games and that can possibly happen. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1