Sounds like we might have Becton, Darnold, Mims & Perriman This Week

With Buffalo losing to KC on Monday, they'll be looking to prove something by feasting on a much weaker team.

Remember, guys, Mims has barely practiced this year. Don't expect too much out of him.

We should (hopefully) still lose this one handily.

Buffalo 30

Jets 16

I am pretty sure gase has to have some type of ego and being known as the captain on the titanic of football and that is being kind to the titanic is eager to slow down the gase is the worst coach to ever coach a team on all levels of football so I think they all play this week . I believe at this point Gase and Joe are in different situations-Gase is gone after the year Joe will have one more year to see if he can draft guys with his adams picks.

6 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

A few Darnold to Mims big plays  would make the beers go down a lot smoother.

He probably has so much to learn but it would be awesome to see a Darnold to Mims throw, where Mims does a GIMME THAT BALL pluck out of the air, straight arm a CB & motor down the field play. Just give us SOMETHING to say, hmm, he's gonna look good opposite Allen Robinson. 

• Upvote 1

I think losing a competitive game and seeing the young guys make some exciting plays is a good goal for this week.  Let's not get all crazy and win the game, though, huh?  

Of course if we are competitive, then CJ will probably extend Gase another 2 years so I am deeply conflicted on this.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’d like this team to at least show enough to start losing close games.

That way I can convince myself that a couple key players, or a change in play calling can get us over the hump.  

Ideally, a QB savior and competent head coach would also then see this as fertile ground to grow their legacy and wouldn’t dismiss the idea of coming here.

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Hey, with Darnold, Mims, and Becton we now go 10-6 not losing a game and make the playoffs. Just kidding, but in any event if these guys all stay healthy we can see especially with Becton and Mims that we can add more to them and see if moving forward it will eventually culminate in a functional offense that can maybe score 20+ points a game?.  We also have to see if Darnold can improve and grow with these guys over the rest of the season since we all know deep down Darnold remaining our QB can very well happen especially if we do not get the number 1 pick, that only occurs if Darnold wins 1 or more out of the last 10 games and that can possibly happen. 

All kidding aside sometimes it just takes a spark.  They come score a tad on an early drive, take the lead into halftime and before you know it they’ve stolen the game.  It happens.

5 hours ago, shuler82 said:

A few Darnold to Mims big plays  would make the beers go down a lot smoother.

Was it Joe Willy who commented last week that we have slipped quietly past the point of beer helping... we are now at hard liquor only?

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

giphy.gif

I’ve posted this a few times over the last week or two...  Once the Jets are healthy they will still suck- but will win 4 games or so. They will not be picking 1. They will not get Trevor Lawrence. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We're not beating Buffalo.

Legitimate question as to whether the Jets score in the first half or just at some point in garbage time.

Agreed...I’m just hoping this team is dead without desire or urge for victory by the time they play Tua’s Miami and Herbert’s Chargers.

You never know with rookie quarterbacks. Can’t win a game until all 1-5 teams win one more.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

I am pretty sure gase has to have some type of ego and being known as the captain on the titanic of football and that is being kind to the titanic is eager to slow down the gase is the worst coach to ever coach a team on all levels of football so I think they all play this week . I believe at this point Gase and Joe are in different situations-Gase is gone after the year Joe will have one more year to see if he can draft guys with his adams picks.

Whoa

14 hours ago, Gibby said:

I’ve posted this a few times over the last week or two...  Once the Jets are healthy they will still suck- but will win 4 games or so. They will not be picking 1. They will not get Trevor Lawrence. 

Would love Chase or even Terrance Marshall Jr at wr