Miami - sounds like something that woud happen here

CTJetsFan

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

if this was the plan it’s dumb for a couple of reasons...

if you want to build up Tuas confidence Start him against the Jets...not against Aaron Darnold and the Rams the next week

veterans on the team don’t like throwing a rookie in when vet playing well and in the hunt for a playoff spot($$$)   Also losing starting job when you are playing well For no reason doesn’t send a great message either.

But, can’t Fitz come in if things start heading south? He knew his role was to bring Tua along. 

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I respect Fitz but he is limited and has never been a playoff QB for a reason (look at his career record vs. winning teams). 

We also don't know how Tua looks in practice compared to Fitz (maybe he's just lighting it up and is obviously the better player?). I would have waited for a couple of losses before making the move, but I can't go crazy about it. 

I’ve heard Tua looks raw.  But still the dolphins aren’t winning S with Fitz so might as well see what Tua has 

19 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

His own teammates were saying as much of late. He might be the most popular player in the league. Loved by all except bitter Jets fans. 

He's 3-3. Had his defence not let him down vs Buffalo he'd be in the division lead. He's playing well. It's a ridiculous decision unless Tua is looking exceptional. 

Again, they drafted Tua with a top 5 pick.  It doesn't really matter what Fitzpatrick was doing.  The moment they felt Tua would be ready to see the field, he was always going to.  Every journeyman QB except Fitzpatrick seems to understand this stuff.  

And don't pull the "Jets fans hate Fitz" BS and lump me into it.  I called him a conquering hero for a full season.  He had one of the top 7 or 8 best QB seasons in Jets history (which is more of a sad statement on the history of Jets QB's but still).  But that doesn't change his status as a journeyman, and this is what happens to journeymen.  They keep the seat warm and provide a bridge for potential franchise QB's.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1