The Jets Debt- (Jebts Debt)

LRJets

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

2021mock6.trade.png

I can one up that lol. 

This was the haul:

Jets - 2020  1

Jax  -  2020  1/2/3  &  2021 1/2/3 

This is what happened. I swear to god we could go to the playoffs with something like this and Darnold at the helm with a new coach. 379836907_Screenshot_20201021-151330_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.64f7bc7c7cb699d62c5cb7f0a795cdcd.jpg

• Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I can one up that lol. 

This was the haul:

Jets - 2020  1

This is what happened. I swear to god we could go to the playoffs with something like this and Darnold at the helm with a new coach. 379836907_Screenshot_20201021-151330_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.64f7bc7c7cb699d62c5cb7f0a795cdcd.jpg

And still have 3 firsts, 2 seconds and 2 thirds the following year.

this was my full draft in that mock btw

2021mock6.png

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I can one up that lol. 

This was the haul:

Jets - 2020  1

With the truck load of pics the Jags have this season, if they lose into the #1 pick, they are set up for success. If the Jets lose into the #1 pick, the Jags may make JD an offer he can not refuse.

45 minutes ago, Icer said:

If we trade out of the top pick we will never live it down regardless of who we draft with the bounty of picks. Trevor Lawrence would be guaranteed to be a star in Jets luck

Trevor Lawrence being a star for another organization doesn't mean he would have been one here.

If the Jets draft Lawrence and he busts because we didn't protect him and surround him with talent, the Jets are 100% going to get the label of where good prospects go to die. People thinking Lawrence might avoid the Jets already. 

On the other hand, if we have an offense where the QB has Chase, Devonta Smith, Mims & Crowder at WR, Pitts at TE and Najee Harris at RB - it's much more friendly to any QB.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Good point. How do we know Sam wouldn't be a star with another team?

How do we know darnold wouldn’t be a star with the jets if he had better oline play and receivers that can catch the ball?  IMO he’s good enough to win. He needs the right pieces.

• Upvote 2

That would be a haul hard to pass on with Darnold already in place. Fans patience is so thin when developing QBs because of guys that come into the league & become instant stars like Russell Wilson & Mahomes. But the truth is most QBs take longer to develop, those guys are outliers. Testeverde, look what Parcells was able to do with him. A lot of people were calling Derek Carr a bust, but surround him with players & he's pretty damn good. Look how good Cousins looked the 1st year with the Vikings when they were loaded with Cook, Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, then when injuries creeped in & they traded Diggs, his play dipped tremendously. 

• Upvote 1