An extremely unlikely yet disheartening scenario

Now i seen this on one of the projected top 5 teams reddit and first i shrugged it off like no way but then i thought about it for a second.. what if..

Bill ******* belicheck ‘threw’ a game to let us win and greatly lowers our chance at #1. Of course the game would have to be close in the 4th which i doubt it will but do not act as if you saw a game between 2 teams and said “that team is 100% winning” and they ended up losing. Could be us.....

14 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Now i seen this on one of the projected top 5 teams reddit and first i shrugged it off like no way but then i thought about it for a second.. what if..

Bill ******* belicheck ‘threw’ a game to let us win and greatly lowers our chance at #1. Of course the game would have to be close in the 4th which i doubt it will but do not act as if you saw a game between 2 teams and said “that team is 100% winning” and they ended up losing. Could be us.....

Yes, yes, yes, he's Darth Vader meets Sauron meets Donald Trump, he's playing 5th Dimensional Chess, and is secretly both Super Man and the Man on the Grassy Knoll.

And if he were here, he'd consume the Jets with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't think Bill Belichick would ever, under any circumstances throw a game and if there were one team in particular he would never throw a game to it would by the New York Jets. He despises us.

It's all gonna come down to week 17. If the Patriots either have a playoff spot locked up or are knocked out of playoff contention this will happen.

Jets 0-15

Jags 1-14

Patriots score at the end of the game to make it 16-17 with the extra point as the equalizer to send it to OT. Kicker takes the field and punts the ball backwards, Jets win, Pats lose but the Jets fall to the #2 pick and no Lawrence.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Patriots will be fighting for the Division or a Wild Card spot, and won't have the luxury of being 6 games ahead and 14-2.

Do da maff 

They just lost to the Broncos despite Belichick violating league Covid19 rules and starting Cam Newton just one week after testing positive 

the patriots are not good 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't think Bill Belichick would ever, under any circumstances throw a game and if there were one team in particular he would never throw a game to it would by the New York Jets. He despises us.

Plus gase would just be better at it than belli 

6 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t see it ever happening even as big as a prick as he is.  Honestly even if we managed to win 1 game we still would highly likely get the top pick because SOS

He would never subject himself to the humiliation of losing to a 0-14 team. 

14 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

It's all gonna come down to week 17. If the Patriots either have a playoff spot locked up or are knocked out of playoff contention this will happen.

Jets 0-15

Jags 1-14

Patriots score at the end of the game to make it 16-17 with the extra point as the equalizer to send it to OT. Kicker takes the field and punts the ball backwards, Jets win, Pats lose but the Jets fall to the #2 pick and no Lawrence.

Honestly, if that's the scenario I don't think you're going to be seeing the Jets play many starters Week 17. It's hard to throw the game to a team that's already throwing the season.

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

Kind of why he’d throw the game though 

I just don't think it's in his DNA to lose a game on purpose, nor do I think BB fears the Jets getting any QB. I think he'd much rather run the score up on us in humiliating fashion as the cherry on top of an 0-16 Sunday.

30 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly, if that's the scenario I don't think you're going to be seeing the Jets play many starters Week 17. It's hard to throw the game to a team that's already throwing the season.

I just don't think it's in his DNA to lose a game on purpose, nor do I think BB fears the Jets getting any QB. I think he'd much rather run the score up on us in humiliating fashion as the cherry on top of an 0-16 Sunday.

I sorta think that type of thought process is def in his DNA and what made him such a great coach. 4 D Chess etc. I think he’s the only coach ever who would actually think that way. A meaningless game is a meaningless game to him imo. Or he’ll try and handicap himself to try win with a bench players or something. I think he is THAT guy. Jmo though. Who knows for sure

the Border War is Over.

I said this multiple times that Gase is buddies with Josh McDaniels. They shared an apartment together when they both worked under Nick Saban who is Bill Belichicks best friend.

He's also buddies with Patricia hence the beard and Brian Daboll from the Bills as well.

If you want to fact-check, it was reported that Gase and Belichick were staying in the same Hotel and sharing Ubers back and forth from the scouting combine.

Remember that the Jets actually traded with the Patriots Last year?

Football Gangsta Nation!

Btw I'm not even joking around. A few weeks ago I posted a picture of all these guys hanging out on the golf course smiling.

18 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t see it ever happening even as big as a prick as he is.  Honestly even if we managed to win 1 game we still would highly likely get the top pick because SOS

Something just occurred to me. It' s funny - both haha funny and uncanny funny - how the synonym for strength of schedule is also the Morse code distress signal for help, lol.

19 hours ago, Team archer said:

Honestly, this conspiracy theory is not one I think will ever happen. We all know BB hates the Jets and will not lose to is on purpose. I don't think any HC would lose on purpose. I also don't think our fortunes in the draft will be tied to the last game. It will be decided before then.

Bb is a unique individual. The only coach not in the coaching union. He's super orthodox in his beliefs. He's not going to lose an NFL game on purpose. Nothing good comes from that.

And this is a greater lesson for the Jets franchise. Tanking, losing every game, isn't a victory. It is a frigging embarrassment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

51 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I sorta think that type of thought process is def in his DNA and what made him such a great coach. 4 D Chess etc. I think he’s the only coach ever who would actually think that way. A meaningless game is a meaningless game to him imo. Or he’ll try and handicap himself to try win with a bench players or something. I think he is THAT guy. Jmo though. Who knows for sure

He is the ultimate outside the box thinker, rule bender, a meaningless game to him to screw the Jets for 15-20 years? Yeah I see him doing it.

• Upvote 1