Jets can trade Sam Darnold,hard to pass on monster Trevor Lawrence:Joe Namath

56 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The guy wouldn't have been cleared to play a game in today's NFL.  Namath had some huge issues including drinking himself close to death.  I have no doubt some of it was self medicating.  I suspect he never got out of bed without severe pain one time when he suited up for the Jets.  The guy was a lot of things that weren't pretty.  He embraced New York and he was an absolute warrior.  Opposing teams tried to kill him when they got to him.  He took a hit from Ben Davidson that would put most of the QB's that played for the Jets into retirement.  

The guy carried the league into the NFL.  He was one of the pioneers of the modern NFL passing game.  He loved New York.  He was a very flawed man.  Hating him is way over the top.  

Until he acknowledges his selfishness and wasting the opportunity his teammates had, i will continue to hate the man who would be a footnote in the annals of the NFL had his teammates not won SB III. 

Wasting your talents and opportunities when others rely on you, is the sign of a child, not a man.

32 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He did reign in his game but his reputation, release and ability to quick strike teams made the running game work.  How does the fact that he reigned in his game to benefit a championship run make him selfish?  It shows he matured and developed.  

I think Gerry Philbins quote was "we told Joe if he doesn't quit throwing the ball to the other team, we were gonna kick the sh*t out of him" lol. 

He did reign in his game but his reputation, release and ability to quick strike teams made the running game work.  How does the fact that he reigned in his game to benefit a championship run make him selfish?  It shows he matured and developed.  

I think Gerry Philbins quote was "we told Joe if he doesn't quit throwing the ball to the other team, we were gonna kick the sh*t out of him" lol. 

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sh*tting on Broadway Joe with your tongue firmly up Adam Gase's ass. 

You are an interesting one, I'll give you that. 

Namath:  More than enough time and enough injuries to draw a strong conclusion.

Gase:  Not enough time and too many injuries to draw a strong conclusion.

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yep he's only 42 and our QB is only 23. But we should fire and trade everybody because we didn't make it to a Super Bowl in a season and a half! That sure is the Jets fans and New York media for ya!!

RIght side of mouth:  "We need a complete rebuild!  We need a new head coach and a GM who get along, want to come here, and want to fix this mess!  We need to do this the right way like the Steelers and Ravens do!"

Left side of mouth:  "What is this?  Fire everyone!  Buy all the free agents again!  Get Fitzpatrick back!  I want to win now!"

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Namath:  More than enough time and enough injuries to draw a strong conclusion.

Gase:  Not enough time and too many injuries to draw a strong conclusion.

SAR I

This is a very good point.  And Dowell Loggains hasn't had enough time to draw a strong conclusion from either.

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Bob Lilly after a team meeting with the Defense told Landry to pick a QB and go with him.  Landry was rotating Staubach and Morton until Lilly told him it wasn't working.  Landry picked Staubach and the Cowboys won the SB.  It's all good that's what team is all about.  

37 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Until he acknowledges his selfishness and wasting the opportunity his teammates had, i will continue to hate the man who would be a footnote in the annals of the NFL had his teammates not won SB III. 

Wasting your talents and opportunities when others rely on you, is the sign of a child, not a man.

He didn't waste the opportunity, he seized it.  

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is a very good point.  And Dowell Loggains hasn't had enough time to draw a strong conclusion from either.

Thanks.  Loggains has to go.  If he were good, Gase wouldn't be distracted by offensive coordination and playcalling and instead could increase his focus on cutting more players.

SAR I

• Haha 1