Najee Harris RB, Alabama

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

On this point at least I don't see it that way.  I've been consistent in saying you should continue adding QB's in the draft until you have one, and the criticism over the Morgan pick seems silly until we get an idea of what kind of upside he has.  

i don't think so... Not that I disagree with the philosophy but you have to factor in the state of the franchise. Things like "BPA" and taking QBs every year is reserved for teams that aren't a bag of flaming horsesh*t. 

We need to move the needle on the roster/field. For example, if JD set out to address WR and Oline last year -- use 5 picks on them sh*ts.. do your best so that you're NOT having to yet again, water down your picks in 2021 still trying to address the same damn positions. 

At least until we get to a place where EVERYTHING isn't coded in red on my spreadsheet. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2020 at 6:59 AM, JiF said:

I dont think you can go wrong, its like what's your preference, Alvin Kamara or Derrick Henry?  I'd be happy with either, though I agree, Entieene is special. 

Are both equal in blitz protection? That would add some weight to the decision process. Brian Westbrook was small like Etienne but was a beast picking up the blitz. There are a lot of measurable’s when deciding who is a better fit for the offense our new coach will be running  

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Are both equal in blitz protection? That would add some weight to the decision process. Brian Westbrook was small like Etienne but was a beast picking up the blitz. There are a lot of measurable’s when deciding who is a better fit for the offense our new coach will be running  

Neither are really asked to do it very often.  I honestly cant say that I've seen either have to stand in there and help handle the blitz, they flare out before they do that and they both line up at WR sometimes too...so, not sure really.  Obviously Harris is a big dude but that doesnt always mean they can block but with a player like Entennie, are you even going to ask him to?  lol.  He's like Kamara, he's the focal point of the passing game as well as their RB.  He's incredible.  My Heisman winner at this stage...

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love Najee Harris and due to his violent style of rushing attack he reminds me so much of Adrian Peterson; if he's available with the 1st pick of the 2nd round I'd pull the trigger within a NY minute. He's an absolute monster within the SEC and Najee rushing the rock behind Becton both running downhill is something that no NFL defender would want to face head up. 

As an FSU fan and absolutely crazed for ACC football I'm also in awe of Travis Etienne who as a dual threat reminds me of a mixture of Marshall Faulk/Dalvin Cook; and one who just broke Dalvin Cook's All-Time ACC record for most offensive yards from scrimmage. I'd pull the trigger on Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick if still available without any hesitation. Whatsoever.

At the end of the day I'm torn between the two but I'll have to say my pick would be Najee Harris (this way we can draft a WR such as Rondale Moore with our Seattle pick of the 1st round). 

1A: Trevor Lawrence. 

1B: Rondale Moore. 

2nd: Najee Harris. 

I'd be super excited after our first 3 picks and heading into round 3. 

On 10/27/2020 at 9:53 AM, derp said:

Harris is a really good football player who would step into an established situation and be successful right away. Not to say he should be doing more but he certainly benefits from playing behind an awesome OL with receivers who can stretch the field and keep defenses out of the box. Not things he’d experience year one in New York.

And I do think you have to pay a draft capital premium for that security that comes from his history of being productive on a big stage.

Why won't the Jets be able to stretch the field? You dont think if they feature Allen Robinson, Mims, Crowder they can't stretch the field? 

On 10/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, Lith said:

Yup.  Dont care if we give up 30+ points a game next year, we need to build an offense that can score.  And one that can do it with explosive big plays.  Which is why I prefer Etienne to Harris -- I think he is more of a home run hitter -- better burst/explosivness than Harris.  I like Harris too and would not complain if we took him, but we need big play threats.

No more of this bs offense designed to get into 3rd and manageable.  Good offenses score points by making big plays on 1st or 2nd down.  We are happy with a 3 yard run between the tackles on first down and a 5 yard pass on 2nd down.  Hey, 3rd and short, right where we want to be.  Except you can't make a living by converting 4 or 5 3rd downs to score points.  Eventually you are going to get stopped.  Penalty, sack, tfl and we are done. 

That is why we only score 1 TD per game, how many times per game can you string together 3 or 4 consecutive 3rd down conversions to finish a scoring drive.  That was 1970s football.  Adam Gase, caoching to where the game has been.

Well, the Patriots did it to the tune of running 31 plays in less than 21 minutes to beat us on MNF. They ran 31 plays! They had a 17 play drive for 58 yards & a FG. I get what your saying but there is still more than 1 way to skin a cat in this league with a bit of balance.

The Patriots are not known as an offensive juggaurnot this year so JD can't 100% disregard defense. We need an upgrade at Edge & CB. But yes, I'm with you regarding using this years high picks on offense. If they can trade Sam for a decent pick, they could come away with a Center, RB, TE, if they sign Robinson or Juju in free agency & be well on their way to a potent offense.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2020 at 9:59 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I absolutely love Najee Harris and due to his violent style of rushing attack he reminds me so much of Adrian Peterson; if he's available with the 1st pick of the 2nd round I'd pull the trigger within a NY minute. He's an absolute monster within the SEC and Najee rushing the rock behind Becton both running downhill is something that no NFL defender would want to face head up. 

As an FSU fan and absolutely crazed for ACC football I'm also in awe of Travis Etienne who as a dual threat reminds me of a mixture of Marshall Faulk/Dalvin Cook; and one who just broke Dalvin Cook's All-Time ACC record for most offensive yards from scrimmage. I'd pull the trigger on Travis Etienne with our Seattle pick if still available without any hesitation. Whatsoever.

At the end of the day I'm torn between the two but I'll have to say my pick would be Najee Harris (this way we can draft a WR such as Rondale Moore with our Seattle pick of the 1st round). 

1A: Trevor Lawrence. 

1B: Rondale Moore. 

2nd: Najee Harris. 

I've changed my draft order if Najee Harris is available with Seattle's pick I'm not passing on him. I'm taking him 1st round all day every day. 

Najee Harris vs Florida: 31 RUSHES, 177 RUSHING YARDS, 2 RUSHING TDs and 5 receptions for 67 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions

244 offensive yards from scrimmage and 5 TD's?!?

Najee Harris is an absolute HORSE and the closest thing I've seen to Adrian Peterson coming out since AP28 himself. 

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Najee is a 230 RB who was split out as a WR on two of his touchdowns last night.  RBs that size are rarely good receivers.  

I can't see him lasting into the second round.

I'm leery of 1st round RBs but I have always had a soft spot for Earl Campbell and would jump at the chance to draft a guy like that.  A big, fast RB who can do everything well - run through, around, or over defenders, and catch passes to boot?  Yeah, I'm in. 

Harris looks like the kind of back who can take over games.  Basically a bigger, taller, faster version of Dalvin Cook without the injury history.  I think OL is critical but I couldn't discredit picking Harris in the late first or top of the 2nd.

Here are highlights from yesterday's game.  I'm surprised by how much more he looks to elude defenders than hit them given his size, but he does it well, and it bodes well for his long-term availability.

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I'm leery of 1st round RBs but I have always had a soft spot for Earl Campbell and would jump at the chance to draft a guy like that.  A big, fast RB who can do everything well - run through, around, or over defenders, and catch passes to boot?  Yeah, I'm in. 

Harris looks like the kind of back who can take over games.  Basically a bigger, taller, faster version of Dalvin Cook without the injury history.  I think OL is critical but I couldn't discredit picking Harris in the late first or top of the 2nd.

Here are highlights from yesterday's game.  I'm surprised by how much more he looks to elude defenders than hit them given his size, but he does it well, and it bodes well for his long-term availability.

Yup. And he hasn't came out of nowhere either. 

Najee Harris came out of High School as the #1 rated RB recruit within the entire Country and was recruited by just about every big name powerhouse program within the Country such as Alabama, Michigan (Harbaugh tried his hardest), Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, USC and of course; Alabamaaaa!

Not only was Najee Harris the #1 RB recruit coming out of the entire Country but he's one of the top 5-7 highest RB recruits of All-Time (as was Adrian Peterson). 

This kid is A++ special and the Trevor Lawrence of this year's RB draft class. 

I love Travis Etienne too but Travis Etienne was never a #1 RB recruit and Travis Etienne never absolutely demolished the SEC Conference on a week to week basis because this Najee Harris kid has absolutely destroyed the SEC. 

His NCAA numbers against the SEC are identical to the statistical production that Adrian AP28 Peterson put up @ Oklahoma within the Big-12; and he's physically built almost identical to Adrian Peterson. 

He's more special than some realize @nycdan and no, I don't wait until the 2nd round to draft this freak of nature (because he is NOT getting past the Pittsburgh Steelers at the bottom of round one) I'm taking him with Seattle's pick of the 1st round and with no hesitation. 

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yup. And he hasn't came out of nowhere either. 

Najee Harris came out of High School as the #1 rated RB recruit within the entire Country and was recruited by just about every big name powerhouse program within the Country such as Alabama, Michigan (Harbaugh tried his hardest), Georgia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee, USC and of course; Alabamaaaa!

Not only was Najee Harris the #1 RB recruit coming out of the entire Country but he's one of the top 5-7 highest RB recruits of All-Time (as was Adrian Peterson). 

This kid is A++ special and the Trevor Lawrence of this year's RB draft class. 

I love Travis Etienne too but Travis Etienne was never a #1 RB recruit and Travis Etienne never absolutely demolished the SEC Conference on a week to week basis because this Najee Harris kid has absolutely destroyed the SEC. 

His NCAA numbers against the SEC are identical to the statistical production that Adrian AP28 Peterson put up @ Oklahoma within the Big-12; and he's physically built almost identical to Adrian Peterson. 

He's more special than some realize @nycdan and no, I don't wait until the 2nd round to draft this freak of nature (because he is NOT getting past the Pittsburgh Steelers at the bottom of round one) I'm taking him with Seattle's pick of the 1st round and with no hesitation. 

Plus he almost never fumbles.  Twice in over 600 carries as far as I can tell.  That's statistically ridiculous.

• Post of the Week 1