OBJ costs LSU 8 scholarships, gets banned from school for 2 years

What a clown!

Dishing out $2,000 in cash on the field to college players after the National Championship was a brilliant idea. lol

Source: LSU football losing eight scholarships and banning Odell Beckham Jr. for two years over improper payments

LSU has self-imposed penalties related to the NCAA's investigation into improper booster payments to its football players, a university spokesman confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday.

Sports Illustrated reported that the Tigers will lose eight scholarships over two years, will reduce recruiting visits, evaluations and communication, and have banned Cleveland Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. from its football facilities for two years.

LSU's football program is charged with a Level III violation involving Beckham, a former Tigers star, who gave $2,000 in cash to four Tigers football players on the field after the team's 42-25 victory over Clemson in the CFP National Championship game on Jan. 13.

"LSU has worked proactively and in cooperation with the NCAA to identify and self-report any violations that occurred within our football program," Robert Munson, LSU senior associate athletic director, said in the statement. "We believe these self-imposed penalties are appropriate and we will continue to coordinate and cooperate with the NCAA on this matter."

A source confirmed the details in the Sports Illustrated report regarding the specific self-imposed penalties.

Continued at.... (https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30162415/lsu-football-losing-eight-scholarships-banning-odell-beckham-jr-two-years-improper-payments)

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Wow, good judgment demonstrated there. May as well buy drugs in front of a K9 unit that needs to meet a quota then complain about it when you get busted. I doubt he cares though as he gained some street cred, and he's seemingly always been all about him and him alone.

So, a friend is the sheriff/captain over a group of deputies one county over. 

I asked him to relate some of the stupidest stuff he's seen over the years. In particular, I had to know if the "myth" of people calling the police after they got ripped off in a drug deal was true. His reply: "Oh yeah, we get that more often than you'd think."

OBJ operating on about that level of stupidity right here

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

So, a friend is the sheriff/captain over a group of deputies one county over. 

I asked him to relate some of the stupidest stuff he's seen over the years. In particular, I had to know if the "myth" of people calling the police after they got ripped off in a drug deal was true. His reply: "Oh yeah, we get that more often than you'd think."

OBJ operating on about that level of stupidity right here

Your honor, the person in question stole 12 kilos of pure Colombian snow from me... I demand justice.

• Haha 1

The year of a global pandemic and this is the time the NCAA decides to come out with this sh*t.

The P5's should take their ball and go home, and create their own league.  Even as a big supporter of mid-major athletics, I would fully embrace the end of the NCAA as we know it.  It's time.