Considering Offering Trade - Thoughts?

Does anyone even read this forum? I have been stashing Antonio Brown on my roster and am considering trying to package him with James Robinson to trade for Kamara. Robinson is great when the Jags can commit to the run but they get behind so often he becomes an after thought.

This is a 12 team PPR league. They added 2 extra roster slots for covid this year.

Questions:

• Do you think this is a reasonable offer?
  • Do you think this is a good idea, or should I just keep AB?

Here's the roster. It was better before Dak died.

roster.thumb.png.be40542fc9dcc7b2c88d2e39289e2737.png

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Does anyone even read this forum? I have been stashing Antonio Brown on my roster and am considering trying to package him with James Robinson to trade for Kamara. Robinson is great when the Jags can commit to the run but they get behind so often he becomes an after thought.

This is a 12 team PPR league. They added 2 extra roster slots for covid this year.

Questions:

• Do you think this is a reasonable offer?
  • Do you think this is a good idea, or should I just keep AB?

Here's the roster. It was better before Dak died.

roster.thumb.png.be40542fc9dcc7b2c88d2e39289e2737.png

To me, AB has almost zero value.  He may get suspended further.  Even if he does not, he may not get signed right away.  Even if he gets signed, it will take him time to acclimate.  Even if he gets acclimated, he hasn't caught a pass since, what, December 2018?  And he's 32-33?  Think he's in game shape?  And a lunatic like him is bound to get signed and then cut several more times in his career.  Maybe even multiple times THIS year when he returns.  Yeah, I don't think he's worth a roster spot.  Maybe someone you're trading with disagrees with my take and just sees a "name".  But I somehow doubt it, if your league has competent people in it.

So essentially you're talking Robinson for Kamara.  I understand the reasoning for trading Robinson now, as he's on a bit of a downturn but still has impressed and holds value.  But you're not getting Kamara back for Robinson and Brown.  I'd try to up my offer before presenting that.  You may have to do something like Robinson + Tee Higgins or Robinson + Waller to make a deal like that, depending on what the other guy needs.

Usually those 2 for 1 deals are tough to pull off, as almost everyone would rather be on the "1" end of that deal in most cases.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To me, AB has almost zero value.  He may get suspended further.  Even if he does not, he may not get signed right away.  Even if he gets signed, it will take him time to acclimate.  Even if he gets acclimated, he hasn't caught a pass since, what, December 2018?  And he's 32-33?  Think he's in game shape?  And a lunatic like him is bound to get signed and then cut several more times in his career.  Maybe even multiple times THIS year when he returns.  Yeah, I don't think he's worth a roster spot.  Maybe someone you're trading with disagrees with my take and just sees a "name".  But I somehow doubt it, if your league has competent people in it.

So essentially you're talking Robinson for Kamara.  I understand the reasoning for trading Robinson now, as he's on a bit of a downturn but still has impressed and holds value.  But you're not getting Kamara back for Robinson and Brown.  I'd try to up my offer before presenting that.  You may have to do something like Robinson + Tee Higgins or Robinson + Waller to make a deal like that, depending on what the other guy needs.

Usually those 2 for 1 deals are tough to pull off, as almost everyone would rather be on the "1" end of that deal in most cases.

I'm surprised you're so down on his value

I'm surprised you're so down on his value

I don’t really see a good reason to be high on him. He’s a “wait and see” guy, one you’d have to wait on before comfortably starting him, and it’ll be too deep into the season for him to provide any real fantasy value.

Maybe in 2021 he’ll be an asset but not in ‘20.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 7:31 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t really see a good reason to be high on him. He’s a “wait and see” guy, one you’d have to wait on before comfortably starting him, and it’ll be too deep into the season for him to provide any real fantasy value.

Maybe in 2021 he’ll be an asset but not in ‘20.

I'm probably starting AB over Parker & Jeudy this week. It's risky considering we don't know what kind of shape he's in or how many reps he'll see but I have a higher opinion on his fantasy value than maybe most. I probably should have tried to trade Parker after Fitz got benched.

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm probably starting AB over Parker & Jeudy this week. It's risky considering we don't know what kind of shape he's in or how many reps he'll see but I have a higher opinion on his fantasy value than maybe most. I probably should have tried to trade Parker after Fitz got benched.

I hear ya.  All 3 are risky plays I'm not expecting anything out of this week (or really the rest of the season), so might as well go with the guy who was once the best WR in the game.  Why not?